North American Strikers Tournamnet!!

Eddienoteddy

mii love wii
Feb 13, 2007
CT
Wii Online Code
1656-4947-1080-8284
Is anyone from North America interested in a Wiichat users Strikers Tournament much like the one the UK guys are doing?

we would use all the same rules or close to them.

I am glad, and willing to do all the necessary work to make the tournament happen, i just want to know how many are interested before i start doing anything.

the release date is July 2nd for the United States, and probably all of North America, so go out to your video game store and Pre-order it today!

PM me with any further questions or send me a message on my Wii

Well, I am planning on doing the tournament, I probably need help doing it, and yes, we should pretty much use the rules the European tourney are using.

okay, just tell me how i can help

i would like to b in the tourny i just have to see if i can find a wii b4 strikers comes out

Cool

Eddie is North American Tournament guy

Wii_Smurf and Lee.Jarratt are Europeon Strikers guys

:) - Good idea, Good luck

well, if there is anyone else here in the USA that wants to help on the tournament, let me know, pm me.

Eddie I will be glad to help with the tournement, I have this Bracket I got from a different member (tank) that we could place the players Usernames in winners will move up and so forth. Here it is:
2007bracketcopy.jpg

I will take out the names already placed if you would like to use this bracket sorry about the NHL thing though.

i hope we can have europe and north american tournament together someday

I would dearly love to see a cross Atlantic tournament, be a kind of hands across the ocean type thing.

Personally i have my doubts, in the ONM issue that had the details about the up coming mario releases (had a drawing of mario galaxy on the cover, collectors edition with free posters) Mike Inglehart of Next Level said that if played a person outside of your region then lag would become an issue?

So we could try it, but it might be very problematic. Who knows maybe they have been working on tweaking the games online protocols and they have it working so lags not an issue..............heres hoping.

I personally think that was said just to cover their own arses. I doubt there'll be any lag in gameplay unless your connection is lacking.

Eddienoteddy said:
the release date is July 2nd for the United States, and probably all of North America, so go out to your video game store and Pre-order it today!

it's july 30th now for USA according to the dates that came with the MP3 announcement

Jay

I dunno mate i have a bad feeling about this, based on my own experiences with the Xbox and PS2. I've played people from around the globe, the further you get from your own region the more noticeable lag becomes.

With PC games its not a problem because usually a dedicated server is involved, but with consoles one of the players has to host the game on their connection which can put a lot of stress on the connection (If your a PC gamer then you'll know the difference between the quality of a dedicated and non-dedicated server, same for Xbox too).

My worry is that even a little lag could screw up the control system, because its motion sensitive then even a little lag could potentially spoil your day as with motion sensitive control timing is everything.

Hopefully my concerns will prove to be nothing more than making mountains out of mole hills, but we wont know until the U.S. get the game and we can try out long distance play.

I just noticed that Strikers will have a message that pops up when someone invites you to a match thats a huge step forward for Nintendo. DS you would have to organize everything before hand on Strikers you just send an invite and just go, DS would basically be find game(random people).

mukeliller said:
it's july 30th now for USA according to the dates that came with the MP3 announcement

i saw that too, however IGN is known to be Wrong, and Wikipedia never lies, also i officially reserved it at EB games for July 2nd..who knows though?

Back