Who do you support?

• Obama

Votes: 39 92.9%
  • Clinton

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
ROB64 said:
either mccain or huckabee...
i hope obama and hilary get assasinated... or atleast hilary :)
EDIT: that is a little harsh... maybe just beaten
Bit much, but I think a McCain/Huckabee ticket would be the best bet for winning this next election for the Republican side. McCain is obviously going to win the Republican nomination, so picking up Huckabee would be McCain's best choice in my eyes, he covers the conservatives that think McCain is too soft, and the endorsement by Romney should help McCain's cause as well.

Wiinter said:
It varies issue by issue. Bill Clinton is easily more conservative than all three, his wife however, less so. Hillary is willing to garnish wages to meet the goal of universal healthcare. That's not one of those positions you'd call 'conservative'. At times she's gone with Joe lieberman to criticize Hollywood's social excesses--which is technically a social conservative position, but if you're more of a fiscal or national security conservative, it's not the sort of thing that will woo you.

And then there's the 1990s. Not everyone remembers the scorched earth warfare the Clinton's wage--both of them this time. But I do. Anyone who was against them hated children, old people, and kittens, and deserved only to be compared to Hitler. Some may say that's just style and doesn't affect substance, but I beg differ. That level of demonization (that makes Rovian politics look like a mime fight) hurts everything, burns bridges to compromise, suppresses political participation (by design), and makes politics less potent.

I'd rather do battle against an honest died-in-the-wool liberal than against a dishonest panderer any day. I'm not alone. Barry Goldwater was looking forward to a campaign against JFK, who he considered to be principled and honest, and not so much against Johnson who was more Nixon than Nixon was.

Now, we seem to disagree, but note that I'm not belittling you as ignorant simply on that basis. It really is possible to disagree without being disagreeable, and there are benefits to it.

I meant generally, so your points are perfectly valid.

If it goes down to Obama/McCain, as it's looking now, it'll be one of the cleanest races in a while, methinks.

@DT, I was thinking that same thing.

@C1audio, go back to kindergarten and learn how to spell, "you." Maybe then people will take you halfway seriously.

Back