Official Baseball Talk

maddmaxx46 said:
Looking at the standings right now I think it's safe to say the NL West has rose from the infamous "NL Worst" (couple years ago) to now the best in MLB. What a stacked division! Nobody is pulling away because nobody is losing. Anybody agree?

i agree 100% mate. i look at the Giants, hovering around 500 and a few years ago, we'd have clinced the divison by now! (sarcasm, obviously) this year, we're 5 out. the pitching is stacked on every team (except the Rockies), and the hitting's not bad, they just play in pitcher's parks (except the Rockies, they need to leave).

Yanks had a big win last night! Bad news is they are losing now....... Come on Yanks, Start to Hit

Arod had another HR last night but the Yankees are still dragging behind the Red Sox. Meanwhile the Mets are doing fantastic as of now. Let's hope they keep it up throughout the season until October were there'll be the real showdown (WS 2007)!

Yanks are going to lose tonight.....if redsox win, back to 13.5

Zito looked good today, by the way. missed the whole dang game, as it started at 10:00 AM my time. (who schedules a Monday Afternoon game?) he did have 100+ pitches through 6 innings, but he constantly worked his way out of jams, or so I'm told. 8-1 victory. all's left is to sweep Arizona and we'll have a 6-4 road trip and back to 500! we need a bat though... hopefully Klesko can be that guy...

whew, sox drop one to the A's in extras in a nail biter...what a night.

Big_League_Slugger said:
Fish beat the Braves 6-4.

Another good inning of work by Benitez.
So far he has 3 innings of work while only giving up two hits, 1 BB and 2 K's.

are you guys using him as the closer or like a 7th inning guy? because i always thought he'd be good in a spot with no pressure, but we couldn't pay 7 million a year for a setup guy, supposedly. but hey, you guys are only paying 333,333 for him, so i hope he can do something good for you.

FWELR said:
are you guys using him as the closer or like a 7th inning guy? because i always thought he'd be good in a spot with no pressure, but we couldn't pay 7 million a year for a setup guy, supposedly. but hey, you guys are only paying 333,333 for him, so i hope he can do something good for you.

Right now he is being using as late inning relief. Our closer right now is 8 for 8 in save opportunities so he is not going anywhere. But it's good to get Benitez's confidence up with these appearances. Also nice to see him throwing in the mid 90's.

A-ROD!!!! A-ROD!!! grandslam to shut the game know its 9-3 ( cano just got RBI triple)!!! YANKEES ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

whew, escaped from Arizona with a W. 4-6 roadie, now we got the A's at home. im looking for at least 2 of 3, hopefully a sweep with Lincecum, Zito, Cain going out there.

also, on a side note aimed at jowii:

So close, yet so far.

Close, but no cigar.

Another metaphor involving the word close.

I said no-hitter after the 8th. I'm kidding, I was running a triathalon for my P.E. final. Got 1st place and a kick-ass shot glass/mini trophy! w00t!

Back