Official Baseball Talk

ninja senses said:
baseball=borrrrrrrrrinnngg

n00b

if you're going to bash something, explain why you think its boring instead of just saying 2 words and leaving the thread forever, f***in n00b

Yanks won yesterday!!! They looked good!.. Now its time to sweep the red sox!!!

"looked good"...gimme a break. Aaron Hill stealing home on Petite looked good. A-Wrong shouting "Mine" to confuse the Jays into dropping in infield fly..that does not look good. for him, and the yankee's as a whole organization.

It seems that A-Rod is the barometer for desperation for the yanks. It happened during the 2004 ALCS when he tried to slap a ball out of Arroyo's glove as the yanks collapsed, and its happening now as they are flirting with last place. At least Jeter has some class.

And back to Bonds - yes I can fault him-baseball wise. He cheated. If he is the only one to come forward, then yes he should still be punished, and the others should be investigated and punished as well. Just because there isn't a law against something doesn't mean that its ethically right. And yes, I can and will deny Bonds' greatness, instantly starting at the time when this change began to happen:

from this:
22327462.jpg

to this:
060528_bonds_vlg233p.widec.jpg

Hence the asterisk.

And yeah I'm with ya with the Nascar. Turn right already.

Last edited:
Big_League_Slugger said:
I'm happy to have him again. I wish we didn't get rid of Messenger for him.

ha, i would've taken a pair of old gym socks for him. im going to buy a messenger jersey asap just because i now think he's god.

besides Lincecum, of course.

FWELR said:
ha, i would've taken a pair of old gym socks for him. im going to buy a messenger jersey asap just because i now think he's god.

besides Lincecum, of course.

If he doesn't work in Florida this time around it's not a big deal. We got a sweet deal for him. The giants are EATING his contract for the most part.

Benitez is owed $5,066,666 from the remainder of his $7.6 million salary this year, of which Florida will pay $333,333 and San Francisco will pay $4,733,333.

Big_League_Slugger said:
If he doesn't work in Florida this time around it's not a big deal. We got a sweet deal for him. The giants are EATING his contract for the most part.

yes, but i would've taken the deal if you guys payed 1 penny of his contract. been doing some research on messenger and... he is no bum. a vegas kid who said yesterday night that he's glad he can move closer to home by the coming to the giants. a big guy who can definately bring the heat, a very respectable ERA of 2.66 and he's only 26. i hope benitez can do at least something for you. i never liked that guy and nobody here did, either.

FWELR said:
yes, but i would've taken the deal if you guys payed 1 penny of his contract. been doing some research on messenger and... he is no bum. a vegas kid who said yesterday night that he's glad he can move closer to home by the coming to the giants. a big guy who can definately bring the heat, a very respectable ERA of 2.66 and he's only 26. i hope benitez can do at least something for you. i never liked that guy and nobody here did, either.

I always liked Messenger:sad: Benitez made his 07 marlin debut by going 1 inning, throwing a total of 9 pitches with one K. So, a successful debut:yesnod:

Looking at the standings right now I think it's safe to say the NL West has rose from the infamous "NL Worst" (couple years ago) to now the best in MLB. What a stacked division! Nobody is pulling away because nobody is losing. Anybody agree?

How about them Orioles winning 5 of their last 6.

If I hear the word potential one more in relation to their rotation, i'm going to puke. Danny Cabrera needs to gain his control, Bedard needs to step up and be the ace everyone is pinning him to be and Chris Ray needs to have better than a 1:1 Save/Blown Save ratio (jk).

They have a ton of talent, but have yet to put it all together. I don't agree with the Kevin Millar and Aubrey Huff signings, but I guess when you move so late on the free agent market there isn't much more left.

rant over

Back