Official Baseball Talk

sigh, benitez blew the game tonight. giants lose 6-5 in extras, were up 5-3 with 2 out in the 8th till benitez came in and gave up a two-run shot. o well, still thought we looked good tonight. i think we're right about 500 right now.

I haven't read through all these posts, so I'm not sure what everybody thinks about the Cubs, but...

... this is the year for the Cubs. They have a strong team this year and I'm really confident they will go far, hopefully all the way.

I don't care what team you support, you gotta admit deep down just one little ounce in the back corner of your heart hopes for the Cubs to win a World Series sometime soon, even if it's just out of pity. They're the most deserving team.

Can I get a "Go Cubs!"?

fistpittingnork said:
I haven't read through all these posts, so I'm not sure what everybody thinks about the Cubs, but...

... this is the year for the Cubs. They have a strong team this year and I'm really confident they will go far, hopefully all the way.

I don't care what team you support, you gotta admit deep down just one little ounce in the back corner of your heart hopes for the Cubs to win a World Series sometime soon, even if it's just out of pity. They're the most deserving team.

Can I get a "Go Cubs!"?

I like that they beat the Mets today;)

Do you really think a goat is holding you guys back?

fistpittingnork said:

Can I get a "Go Cubs!"?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yeah right. there's no way in hell the cubs win the world series with their pitching. even the offense seems a bit off. i just don't see them getting past the mets, brewers, dodgers, (possibly giants;)) and then beating the AL team that will emerge either the tigers, red sox, a's, angels, or chi sox, maybe yanks. there's just no way.

FWELR said:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yeah right. there's no way in hell the cubs win the world series with their pitching. even the offense seems a bit off. i just don't see them getting past the mets, brewers, dodgers, (possibly giants;)) and then beating the AL team that will emerge either the tigers, red sox, a's, angels, or chi sox, maybe yanks. there's just no way.
Are you kidding me? They have the fourth best ERA as a team in the National League. 3 of their 5 starters have an ERA under 3.00!

Big_League_Slugger said:
I like that they beat the Mets today;)

Do you really think a goat is holding you guys back?

Haha oh the goat... Honestly I'm a superstitious guy, but I think the goat only makes for a great story, nothing else.

maddmaxx46 said:
Are you kidding me? They have the fourth best ERA as a team in the National League. 3 of their 5 starters have an ERA under 3.00!

i meant their bullpen. their starting pitching's pretty good, but observe what happened today.

Giants won in 12, by the way! Lincecum 7 IP, 10 K, 0 ER. got a ND.

Delmon Young's 2 run, walk off homer in the 10th (first of his career) completes 3 game sweep of the Rangers in the first ever major league series held in Disney's Wide World Of Sports Complex. With the Rays 4th straight win, They return to Tropicana Field to host the Florida Marlins tomorrow where they will host a Legends of Wrestling night.

The Rays will be bringing in a dozen former World Wrestling Entertainment stars and all will be making appearances before, during and after the game.

Following the game, there will be three matches on the field featuring:

• King Haku vs. Tatanka
• Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake vs. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
• The Return of The Nasty Boys vs. Rick Steiner and The Cuban Assassin

Prior to the game all wrestlers including legends Bret "The Hitman" Hart, "Mean" Gene Okerlund, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart and B. Brian Blair will be signing autographs from 5:10 p.m. to 6:10 p.m.

In addition, the first 7,500 fans will receive a Sting 'em Rays foam hand and one lucky fan will receive Wrestlemania XXIV tickets, being held on March 30, 2008 at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, FL.

I am so going to this, I love the Rays, it's stuff like this that make the Rays the best "fans" team in the league.

This thread has been quiet.. Anyways, Yanks have been slumping but it seems they might be out of it.. Hitting is better and pitching is O.K.. Lets destroy the Redsox!!!!!

Red sox have been on tear, and i don't see it stopping now. They stood up pretty well to the test of the braves, have the best record in baseball, and tonight wakefield pitches, and he has been doing well too.

prepare to be knuckled

ah well. he either has it or he doesn't. this time he didn't. would have been nice to not leave all those men on base too...

thought this was the right place to put this rather than in the gaming thread (this is for more than discussing just your team playing, everybody ;))

just saw a commercial for MLB 07 the Show, which they call the most realistic baseball game ever. just had to laugh at that, realizing that in about a month or 2, the Bigs will come and we'll be able to control everything, and then next year MLB 2K8 will come out for Wii, and that'll be realistic instead of arcade-style. so my question is this: Why does Sony think that because I can see the sweat on a player's face do I think I'm actually playing, when it feels more realistic with Miis and the wiimote? silly sony, just had to bring that up.

a lot of talk around here about Noah Lowry getting traded for
a: Jason Giambi (which i wouldn't take if he was still 30)
b: Richie Sexson (might be something to look at, if they threw in a prospect, too.)
c: this one is actually Matt Cain going back; Miggy C. yes, Big_league_slugger, Miguel Cabrera for Matt Cain and Pedro Feliz (our 3B that swings at everything but can hit it hard) hs been suggested by Giants and Marlins fans alike. i think we shouldn't trade Cain for the entire state of Florida, but damn, I could see our lineup with Miguel hitting behind Bonds. it gives me goosebumps, but i'd wait for the bidding round of free agency.

finally, had to give props to my boy Randy Winn, for his 20 game hit-streak. and he's not even half-way there....

Back