Official Baseball Talk

Going to the game tonight everybody! Should be pretty awesome. got seats on the first base side, so if Barry gets out in front of one.... maybe. never caught a foul ball in my life, sadly. has anybody here caught one? or a hr?

FWELR said:
Going to the game tonight everybody! Should be pretty awesome. got seats on the first base side, so if Barry gets out in front of one.... maybe. never caught a foul ball in my life, sadly. has anybody here caught one? or a hr?

Lucky. I can't wait till i live near a big league team. (two hours to be exact)

FWELR said:
I came close twice. First one went into the upperdeck and bounced back but the guy behind me caught it because he had a taller angle. The second one landed two rows in front of me.

Have you been close?

FWELR said:

I have season tickets behind the home bullpen at Comiskey Park. I have HRs all around me. A few weeks ago, Uribe hit one at the steps right next to my seat, but everyone near us lost it in the lights.

FWELR said:

First i would like to say the Yankee bats woke up yesterday and boston lost
(Papelbon blew the save).. Next Philip Hughes had a no hitter but then in the bottom of the 7th with 1 or 2 outs, he felt a "pop" in his hamstring, he will be out 4-6 weeks.:( I feel bad for him, he had a no hitter going...

And i have never caught a ball. I came close once, it went right by me and it was the row behind me, i saw the ball under a chair and went for it, but the guy in the chair was moving his feet, then a differnt guy from a few rows over got the ball. It happend very quickly.

maddmaxx46 said:
Have you been close?

came fairly close last night. ball went to my exact row, and like 2 seats over.... but it was a section over. ive got row 8 seats right by the bullpen mound on May 27th (left field side, by you-know-who), so we'll see what happens then.

Yanks won first game of the double header and are currently winning 2-1 in the 2nd game!!!!!!! LETS GO YANKEES!!

Wiitime said:
First i would like to say the Yankee bats woke up yesterday and boston lost
(Papelbon blew the save)..

First off, if you wanna talk about blown saves, we can bring in Rivera. Paps has 8 saves and one blown...thats it. Plus the sox were the last team of the season to record a blown save...

and yet again, manny comes through to the save the day. too bad dice-k was shakey tonight. hopefully he'll turn out more reliable the more he adjusts to the mlb way of things. *fingers crossed*

GO SOX!!!

Tampa Bay second in division! OOOOOHHHHHhh ddddaaaaammmm Rays to hot for you! Rays will win wild card for sure!, Sox just to good this year.

The Fish hit Back 2 Back HR's and beat the Padres 5-4.:cornut:

A great way to end a crappy day for Marlin fans. The Florida senate did not get to a vote for the stadium rebate before the regular session ended. Foiled again and again and again.

Last edited:
sox close out a close game against the twins 2-0. really tight game, good to watch. some great defense on both sides. gotta love the nail biters! and looks like paps is getting his stuff back...whew...

Back