Official 'I got a Wii' thread

Agree with the turnips who buy more consoles then list them on ebay. People did it with PS3 and Xbox as well - all you're doing is making mum and dad pay way over the odds for a gift for their kid. Bang out of order.

Anyway, got a Wii on Saturday, they came back in stock in our local Zavvi.co.uk and went in. They only had them as part of a mega bundle pack though, so for £300 we got:

Wii console
Crossbow
Wii sports attachments
Wii Sports
Links crossbow training
Red Steel
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Mario Party 8

Having fun but difficult getting used to the controls, specially on games like Red Steel :)

My girlfriend and I got our Wii a few weeks ago in the mail. We got her mother to buy it at a local Wal-mart because we live in a remote community. She also picked up another remote, nunchuk and 2000 pt card for only $350 CDN. She had no trouble getting the console either. :hand:

got mine a few weeks back, secondhand from a family friend for $150 :p
on 2nd-to-last world of paper mario, and reached pro status in golfing and bowling thus far.

Just downloaded the Internet channel the other night, and wife is loving playing SMB 3 :)

I'm searching for info on wireless keyboards now.

comparison between Wii and Playstation

Just wondering if any of you have both a Wii and a Playstation, and if so, which is more fun? I need to make a decision about which one to buy my boyfriend for xmas....and I know very little about game consoles! I created a poll about which one I should buy, whichever one has most votes on it by next week (when I do my Christmas shopping), is the one I will buy for my lucky man! thanks for helping out a damsel in distress guys!

http://www.pollsb.com/polls/poll/4505/when-it-comes-to-games-consoles-what-would-you-rather-get-for-christmas-which-brand-is-better

chavette said:
Just wondering if any of you have both a Wii and a Playstation, and if so, which is more fun? I need to make a decision about which one to buy my boyfriend for xmas....and I know very little about game consoles! I created a poll about which one I should buy, whichever one has most votes on it by next week (when I do my Christmas shopping), is the one I will buy for my lucky man! thanks for helping out a damsel in distress guys!

http://www.pollsb.com/polls/poll/4505/when-it-comes-to-games-consoles-what-would-you-rather-get-for-christmas-which-brand-is-better
value-wise, Wii all the way. however depending on what kind of a gamer your bf is.. the PS3 may be more fun for him. Also if he is a movie buff, but ps3 would appeal to him as it has a blu-ray player built-in.

I managed to snag a Wii just a few minutes ago on Amazon! Can't believe it. It's lucky I had one click ordering in place. Folks were snapping up 3 at a time. I feel like I'm finally a part of an exclusive club.

Thanks for everyone's help in this forum!

Doesn't really make any sense to me that they would still allow people to order 3 to a household knowing the shortage, make sense to anyone else?

ejschmid said:
Doesn't really make any sense to me that they would still allow people to order 3 to a household knowing the shortage, make sense to anyone else?

Apparently Amazon has a 3 for life policy. Someone on slickdeals got their Amazon account suspended for going over the limit.

I think 3 for life is pretty fair, given the shortage. (Maybe if you have 3 sets of grandkids.)

Congrats to those who have been able to get one (or will find one under the tree on Christmas morning). Here we are over a year later and the Wii is still the hottest item.

And to think, in the days leading up to the Wii's launch people were saying that they weren't going to camp out for a Wii, there would be plenty of them and they could simply stroll into any store and grab one off the shelf.

wat a very good point....i've had mine since september and I always had the money to get it I jus couldn't find one.....they are really hard to come by....and wat angers me is all of these people wanting to get ps3's because of the grafics.....u should go by the gaming experiance and not grafics because in the long run there will be more wiis sold than anything:)

Got mine this morning.

Wii Sports
SM Galaxy
2 Extra Nunchucks
2 Extra wiimotes
3 Silicone covers
Docking station for wiimotes
Wireless gamecube controller
Metroid Prime 3

Back