Opera Wii browser discussion

typh00n2k said:
Ok, so i was just watching an episode of athf, and all of a sudden, the screen freezes and makes a loud screeching noise. it wasn't coming from the wii console itself, but just the sound. I had to shut the wii off and turn it back on and its fine. Anybody else have this problem??
that happened to me yesterday...it woz because my dad turned the internet off lol -.-

Does anyone else's browser have rough or imperfect edges around the browser frame? Specifically at the top right of the screen. (I'm on a regular, non-widescreen, non-HD TV.)

Thanks i needed to know there was at least some games i could play on my wii.

Nintendo is releasing the full version in March. You will be able to download it for free for the first few months on the shop channel. After that it will be available to download for 500 Wii points.

I subscribe to xm radio, but it won't work on the wii. I guess i'll just try mp3's like you folks mention. I hope they come out with a keyboard because it took me forever to post this on my wii lol! Other than that, I love this browser!
Also anyone know a site i can watch Family Guy episodes on?

Last edited:
NES said:
I subscribe to xm radio, but it won't work on the wii. I guess i'll just try mp3's like you folks mention. I hope they come out with a keyboard because it took me forever to post this on my wii lol! Other than that, I love this browser!
Also anyone know a site i can watch Family Guy episodes on?

I would have to agree about the keyboard. As it take far to long to write a decent post on the Wii. I posted a couple of times via the Wii browser and it take some time considering how short the post was.

Marty McFly said:
Is there any way to get that huge dock at the bottom to minimize in the browser?

Not at this time. It seems to be a large complaint from everyone I talked to, so you can be sure the Full version will have that capability.

At first I thought the browser was pretty awesome. But it seems like now it keeps freezing up on me and making me unplug the system all the time!! But hey, it's just a trial. It will all be gravy when the real deal comes out.:cornut:

NES said:
I subscribe to xm radio, but it won't work on the wii.

I have the same problem with Sirius. I get a message saying that the sirius online player isn't compatable with Opera. :(

whargoul7 said:
I have the same problem with Sirius. I get a message saying that the sirius online player isn't compatable with Opera. :(

Ouch, if that's the case then our satelite radios might not work with Opera once the full version comes out. Oh well I guess I will be content to listen to it on the laptop.

Back