PAL Wii Power Supply With NTSC USA Wii

Sonic23

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2008
Hi,

I've purchased an NTSC Wii from USA and I live in the UK, I was wondering if anyone on here has imported a Wii and is using a PAL Wii power supply without the use of a step-down converter and it is working without any problems ie. Blown Up. People on other import forums have said yes but I need resurance that it does work and if anyone has prove that would put my mind at ease.

Thanks.

the AC plug may be physically different, but the voltage from the wii's powersuppy to the wii is identical :yesnod:

So in other words I can use a PAL Power Supply with it and not cause it to blow up? Does anyone have any visual reference?

dont atempt to plug it in cause it will blow up cause i have a ntsc console in the uk and bought a converter i think i paid 30 pounds better 30 pounds than 180 (or more) think of it that way

You can use a UK power supply with a US Wii without any problem all regions run the same 12V input.

The US and JPN power supplies run on 120V AC 60HZ and the EU runs on 220V AC 50HZ but they all output 12V DC to the Wii.

So you can use a UK power supply with a US or JPN machine. But if you use the US or JPN supply in the UK you need a stepdown transformer rated above 45W. Or you will get a big bang

I actually use a stepdown as I had one lying around and I don't have a UK Wii.

I believe that you can buy official power supplies from Nintendo for about £20

Back