Pay to Play or Free

Renz

Top 5 in MOH: H2
Sep 12, 2007
Sacramento
Wii Online Code
6743-9556-4846-8302
Would you Pay to Play online or free to go online?

(Free)

* You don't have to pay (x) amount every month
* They already setup servers and everything so i just need to do my thing.

Pay to Play
* Most likely a montly fee
* Updated servers with leaderboards
* Less Lag

I for one, have xbox live and ps2. I can tell you this. Paying for leaderboards and updated servers with less lag is good enough paying for. Thoughts??

Last edited:
I would prefer it if the online gaming for Wii is free, but I am willing to pay a monthly fee if Nintendo decides to charge its customers. I really don't think that they will charge for this service though.

I wouldnt! Theres loads of free to play online games on the pc. So why cant the consoles do that as well? I think you kinda get ripped off by microsoft xbox live. Theres even rumours that microsoft wants to do this on the pc as well.....

That will be very harsh for the MMORPG lovers: First you gotta pay for the network and than for youre mmorpg....

And than theres the ever lasting argument of: when you pay to play theres loads of updates. WRONG: Check out guildwars.

The only way Im paying is if theres no other choice. But I would be very disapointed!

I would pay to play online for the Wii, if it resulted in less lag and like you stated, updated servers and leaderboards I would gladly pay for it. I don't feel ripped off at all by Microsoft when I pay my yearly $49.99, the online gaming in my opinion is much better and much more organized.

cyberzomby said:
I wouldnt! Theres loads of free to play online games on the pc. So why cant the consoles do that as well? I think you kinda get ripped off by microsoft xbox live. Theres even rumours that microsoft wants to do this on the pc as well.....

That will be very harsh for the MMORPG lovers: First you gotta pay for the network and than for youre mmorpg....

And than theres the ever lasting argument of: when you pay to play theres loads of updates. WRONG: Check out guildwars.

The only way Im paying is if theres no other choice. But I would be very disapointed!
you dont know much about what your talking about but...
for the xbox 360 you pay and devs are encouraged to give patches out. there is also TrueSkill and the BIG reason why you play.. - servers dont shut down. something that is a burden for PC and PS3 games alike it gives you other stuff too that the PC does give too, but lets remember we are on consoles and its a different medium.
on top of that you get bonuses for paying for xbox live, free shows, free movie rentals, small but cool bonuses. oh and on top of all that youre paying to help keep m$ out of debt..you know the money they spent researching, loosing money per console sale, ect.

but i also wasnt aware you had to pay for the ps3 network?!

Sovieto said:
you dont know much about what your talking about but...
for the xbox 360 you pay and devs are encouraged to give patches out. there is also TrueSkill and the BIG reason why you play.. - servers dont shut down. something that is a burden for PC and PS3 games alike it gives you other stuff too that the PC does give too, but lets remember we are on consoles and its a different medium.
on top of that you get bonuses for paying for xbox live, free shows, free movie rentals, small but cool bonuses. oh and on top of all that youre paying to help keep m$ out of debt..you know the money they spent researching, loosing money per console sale, ect.

but i also wasnt aware you had to pay for the ps3 network?!
good point but if it was free they would make money on the games and such to play online

well your already paying the internet so i think it should be free

It is free on the wii~ like you said you just have to have an internet connection in your home 1st.

im sure xbox360 and ps3 u have to pay to play.....right? like pay for a year of online service?

opitekk said:
It is free on the wii~ like you said you just have to have an internet connection in your home 1st.

im sure xbox360 and ps3 u have to pay to play.....right? like pay for a year of online service?
Actually Playstation online is free, but it isn't nearly as good as Xbox Live IMO.

i wouldnt mind paying

heck $60 for the xbox gold isnt much because its for a full year

so if nintendo did that, itd make all the game better and lag free

PLUS we could get rid of the AWFUL friend codes and nintendo would be forced to do gamertags.

Paid online ftw.

Spyro said:
PLUS we could get rid of the AWFUL friend codes and nintendo would be forced to do gamertags.

Paid online ftw.
I agree, the friend codes are a nuisance and a hassle.

Meh... a Leaderboard is all I need and I don't pay for what I have! >: ) Strikers and free mmos for me. I may give up my Wii for a 360 and xbox live, not sure yet.

Back