Pay to Play or Free

Sovieto said:
you dont know much about what your talking about but...
for the xbox 360 you pay and devs are encouraged to give patches out. there is also TrueSkill and the BIG reason why you play.. - servers dont shut down. something that is a burden for PC and PS3 games alike it gives you other stuff too that the PC does give too, but lets remember we are on consoles and its a different medium.
on top of that you get bonuses for paying for xbox live, free shows, free movie rentals, small but cool bonuses. oh and on top of all that youre paying to help keep m$ out of debt..you know the money they spent researching, loosing money per console sale, ect.

but i also wasnt aware you had to pay for the ps3 network?!

Xbox live occasionally shuts down the service for like a day or less. not a big deal but yeah so servers do sometimes shut down.

and i wouldnt pay for the wii online cause its cheap. not ranked. no headsets, lags...not worth the money spent for xbox live.

JCpackers05 said:
Xbox live occasionally shuts down the service for like a day or less. not a big deal but yeah so servers do sometimes shut down.

and i wouldnt pay for the wii online cause its cheap. not ranked. no headsets, lags...not worth the money spent for xbox live.
yes but im meaning game servers, even if NO ONE plays a game like SMASH TV online, you will still be able to play it online, even by yourself, no matter what. and when live does shut down they usually pick out good hours (during work/school hours) and its for updates. :)

no way would i pay for the Wiis online services. its not that great.. maybe when MoH comes out.. cause im really looking forward to the wiis first online fps experience but i dont want to pay for it.

SensesFail said:
no way would i pay for the Wiis online services. its not that great.. maybe when MoH comes out.. cause im really looking forward to the wiis first online fps experience but i dont want to pay for it.

Same.

cyberzomby said:
I wouldnt! Theres loads of free to play online games on the pc. So why cant the consoles do that as well? I think you kinda get ripped off by microsoft xbox live. Theres even rumours that microsoft wants to do this on the pc as well.....

That will be very harsh for the MMORPG lovers: First you gotta pay for the network and than for youre mmorpg....

And than theres the ever lasting argument of: when you pay to play theres loads of updates. WRONG: Check out guildwars.

The only way Im paying is if theres no other choice. But I would be very disapointed!

Well I pay to play WoW (world of warcraft). I pay every month. WoW has updates almost once a week that I download. And by the way, those free pc games aren't technically free. You just happen to be the one who is paying. When you play MOH:AA it's the clan members that pay. The same goes for BF2. By giving us free gameplay we sacrafice benificial online gaming options. They are screwing us over because it's a priviledge at the moment. they allow us to use the servers. If we payed, we'd have rights and could probably verse any body we wanted. I'd prefer that we had to pay.

JCpackers05 said:
i wouldnt pay for the wii online cause its cheap. not ranked. no headsets, lags...not worth the money spent for xbox live.

That is why you would pay. If you paid those thing would be fixed.

Last edited:
JCpackers05 said:
ohhhhhhh. well then yeah id pay. but if they dont want to charge people for online. why cant nintendo just make it better so online isnt seen as such a joke (to some)

Online is very expensive. Advanced online even costs more. I'm glad we've got it to begin with but much more than what we have is unreasonable. If we had to pay it would suck but we'd all find it worth the money in the end.

it really depends on that the game is offering to me. personally i would prefer FREE online games. like starcraft, diablo 2, games like that.

but i did pay for FFXI and i thought it was alright.

$50/year is nothing... i'd pay it, and i'm not really a big gamer... of course, more online games would have to come out. even if there was one i wanted to play online, i'd pay $50/year... that's like, $4-5 a month

Back