Pens Vs. Sabres: 2008 Winter Classic!

tank

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Nov 26, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone else watching the game? Even if you're not a hockey fan this a sweet game to watch.

This is the first regular season outdoor game to be held in the US (they have had one or two in Canada)

So far, the second period just started and the Pens are up 1-0 on the Sabres.
Score by (my boy) Colby Armstrong, Assist by Crosby.

Edit: Scoring Summary
Pens lead 1-0: Goal by Armstrong (0:21 in), assist Crosby
Sabre tie 1-1: Goal by Campbell (1:25 in), assist CONNOLLY

Last edited:
im watching the game, its pretty sweet to see this, i like how both teams are going vintage jerseys....i belive there are 74,000 people in the stadium watching the game, wow...for a hockey game

I just started watching. So far the third period has been quite interesting.

haha that guy bouncing the puck was Crosby.

Yeah it's getting interesting. Stick handling is hard in conditions like this. This is more "pushing" than actual stick handling going on.

I keep forgetting that this game counts as a regular season game. And frankly it's kinda of important for the Pens. We win this and we're 4 points ahead of Buffalo. And our conference is very tight running right now.

EW Armstrong just got a hooking call....bad move being shorthanded in OT and all.

yyeah the puck is going so slow.....overtime might take a while since it's harder to score(in theory)

edit-whoops for the most part i only watch hockey during playoffs, excuse me for that comment

good shootout

Last edited:
shootouts are so ridiculously un-teamly and cheap.
crosby is a *****.

samXcor3 said:
shootouts are so ridiculously un-teamly and cheap.
crosby is a *****.

Even though he sometimes may fake a trip/hit to have a penalty called in his favor is quite pathetic he is a hell of a player.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the full shootout as the show I recorded in case of OT didn't catch the full game. Hopefully, I should be able to watch a better recap tonight on Sportsnet.

Wow! Great game, what a cool event! I was in/out during a bit of it, but saw some great plays, and the shootout was a bunch of fun (Crosby v. goalie one-on-one is pretty brutal).

The wifey had actually put on a Pens jersey :D

Crosby is a *****....lol

why do you say that? Cause he's good at drawing penalties? That's just one more area of hockey he's incredibly skilled in. You wouldn't be saying that about him if he played for the flyers......not that you guys need him this year.

Syntax said:
Even though he sometimes may fake a trip/hit to have a penalty called in his favor is quite pathetic he is a hell of a player.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch the full shootout as the show I recorded in case of OT didn't catch the full game. Hopefully, I should be able to watch a better recap tonight on Sportscentre.

Fixed :lol:

But yeah, the game was good.
The All-Star game outside was not a bad suggestion by the commentators.

outdoors allstar game would be cool. I don't like watching the all star game very much anyway. It's kinda boring.

Back