PES for the Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FR3344LL

honesty is my only excuse
May 15, 2007
WV8
shamelessly lifted from another forum....

PRESS RELEASE: Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH to bring best-selling Pro Evolution Soccer series to Wii

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it will be bringing its multi-million-selling Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) series to Nintendo Wii™, with a bespoke version of the game being developed for the system for release in 2008.

Scheduled for a Q1 launch, the Wii version of PES will offer the same level of realism that has established the series as the definitive football title, but has been undergone a radical rethink to make the most of the Wii’s motion-sensitive control system. The game will make full use of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, offering total control over every aspect of the players and their movements both on and off the ball. The clever use of the Wii controllers will allow users to send players running into space, and to distribute the ball with ease.

“We are extremely keen to introduce PES to as wide a selection of football fans as possible, and the Wii and its unique abilities are a perfect fit,” commented Jon Murphy, Pro Evolution Soccer Team Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “The potential for PES on the format is enormous, and we look forward to a very exciting start to 2008.”

at last....some commitment from Konami.

just goes to prove that it doesn't matter how powerful your machine
is, it's how many it sells that determines what gets released.

Could be good. Provided they don't add anything Mii related!

Marc said:
Could be good. Provided they don't add anything Mii related!

a la fifa.

:shifty:

I wonder what they'll do for the controls, like whther they'll do something similar to Fifa or something else...I'm rather worried with the Fifa controls, I'm dying to play it to see what it's like, but incase it's sh*te I'm keeping hold of my Fifa 07 for the Cube! I don't think you can, but does anybody know if you can use a Cube pad for Fifa 08? Also, again I don't think so, but is the 'Be A Pro' mode on the Wii version, or just the 360 and PS3? Because that looks amazing! I know on the PS3 (and probably 360) EA are releasing a download a few months after release, that will allow 10 vs. 10 online multiplayer - each person controlling one player. How f*ckin awesome does that sound?! I just hope we get that on the Wii. I doubt it though.

finally, some ppl with interest in winning eleven in this forum... or pes as you guys call it in europe. every time i start a convo about winning eleven, most ppl on the forum are like "what?", "i've never heard of it.", or "soccer sucks."

p.s. go merseyside red!!! lol (a.ka. liverpool)

the names they come up with for the unlicensed players is hilarious... Von Mistelroum -> Van Nistelrooy.... lol!!

At least you get a response! When I've mentioned Fifa people just ignore me!

Also, yeah go Liverpool!

PumaYaYa said:
finally, some ppl with interest in winning eleven in this forum... or pes as you guys call it in europe. every time i start a convo about winning eleven, most ppl on the forum are like "what?", "i've never heard of it.", or "soccer sucks."

p.s. go merseyside red!!! lol (a.ka. liverpool)

the names they come up with for the unlicensed players is hilarious... Von Mistelroum -> Van Nistelrooy.... lol!!

Also known as, the muggers or the council flat knights:lol:

Seriously, PES changes a few buttons around to the control scheme on fifa, so I have no idea how they will pull this off.

Back