Picture channel - limited to 1000 pics , why?

dignan

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
I've got lots of photos on my SD card and I like the way the Wii works for looking through them.

the darn thing will only load 1000 pictures though, why is this?

i would like to know as well, maybe its to keep the wii from freaking out, i noticed it said that only 1000 pics may be viewed at a time on the wii in the manual and was wondeirng why as well

I hope your not complaining? 1000 is a lot of pictures anyway! And theres no need to have loads of photos on the Wii anyway, except initally when you wanna play around with the options, like making a puzzle out of a picture of your Mum etc..

Maybe it only holds 1000 pictures because that's a freaking ton of pictures?

well i've prob got 2000 pics on my SD card.

1000 pictures isn't that many , hold left or right and they go QUICK!

how do you do a puzzle?

Yah, I wish the Photo Channel had albums. I wouldn't mind if each Album had 1000 pictures. When you take all of the family pictures, 1000 isn't a whole lot. I looked in Adobe Photoshop Elements and we have over 6000 pictures taken since 1998.

they aren't high quality, snapshots from my digital camcorder, prob 800x600.

its a 512meg SD card

why in gods name would you want to put more than 1,000 photos on your wii?

Do you plan to edit them or send them all?

what are ya'll talking about.

servers, putting them on the wii, ect...

you simply plug an SD card in and look through your pictures, I don't have a camera slot on my computer and my digital camcorder doesn't allow you to take pictures off through the camera.... i've had these pictures sitting on my SD card for a year and its the first time i've gotten to look through them, i'd say there are between 1500-2000 pics on the card.

Back