Picture channel - limited to 1000 pics , why?

well when you can do burst snap shots on a digital camcorder you tend to get shitloads of pics. they are vacation fotos and I really like how the Wii displays them, scanning fast pushing left&right and how the pics fade a little.

instead of One picture of a static scene I have 60-100 pics in a 2-3 minute time frame and scanning through them really adds life to the pics. Kinda sucks I"ll have to divide them up on different SD cards with only 1000 on each.

the pics are 640x480 , 72dpi @ about 100k a piece, some around 70k. thats 1/2 the 512 meg card filled. , who ever was saying i'd need a 4gig card to hold that many pictures..... whatever, 2900 pics is 300 megs.

I doubt I'll ever use the picture channel on my Wii. Seriously, wtf do you need a wii for to store your pictures let alone over 1000 of them. Damn guys, thats what a HD on a computer is for or just burn them to cd/dvd.

dignan said:
well when you can do burst snap shots on a digital camcorder you tend to get shitloads of pics. they are vacation fotos and I really like how the Wii displays them, scanning fast pushing left&right and how the pics fade a little.

instead of One picture of a static scene I have 60-100 pics in a 2-3 minute time frame and scanning through them really adds life to the pics. Kinda sucks I"ll have to divide them up on different SD cards with only 1000 on each.

the pics are 640x480 , 72dpi @ about 100k a piece, some around 70k. thats 1/2 the 512 meg card filled. , who ever was saying i'd need a 4gig card to hold that many pictures..... whatever, 2900 pics is 300 megs.

So let me get this straight... You have no job, but you can afford to scoop up several Wiis at a time, go on vacation, buy a camcorder, and have an sd card that holds more photos than the Wii can display?

Maybe the reason the Wii can't show more than 1000 photos is because it doesn't have the hardware? Photos take up memory. 1000 photos take up a lot of memory. The Wii is not a powerhouse. And your reasoning for scalping Wiis is that they're too cheap.

*tsk tsk*

Some people always find something to complain about :( 1000 pics is loads and you dont need more, admire the good points :p

1000 pics is more than enough. There really is not that much use for it except being able to doodle on it. I can understand if you have a carring case for your wii and want to show someone your pics but for that just bring your SD card.

Predator04 said:
lol how do you know how many pics you even have? you dont have a card to read it.. just the wii.. how do you know that you do infact have more? you havent seen them in years... and still sure you have that many

Yeah! holy moly! that's a lot of pictures there... must be x-rated or something ><

ilcid said:
So let me get this straight... You have no job, but you can afford to scoop up several Wiis at a time, go on vacation, buy a camcorder, and have an sd card that holds more photos than the Wii can display?

*tsk tsk*

yea, that was my 2nd trip to Europe, first one was 48 days.

im resourceful

ilcid said:

Maybe the reason the Wii can't show more than 1000 photos is because it doesn't have the hardware? Photos take up memory. 1000 photos take up a lot of memory. The Wii is not a powerhouse. And your reasoning for scalping Wiis is that they're too cheap.

*tsk tsk*

dude are you like a mafia loard oh and im ganna be a geek here and tell you this juicey info
1 pic med deff=2.1mb
1000mb=1gb
highest possible sd card=2gb
and you are saying you have around 3gb+ in pics
ummmmmmm that dont work

ganton said:
dude are you like a mafia loard oh and im ganna be a geek here and tell you this juicey info
1 pic med deff=2.1mb
1000mb=1gb
highest possible sd card=2gb
and you are saying you have around 3gb+ in pics
ummmmmmm that dont work

since you want to make comments about what you don't know (and didn't read, cuz i spelled it out) I'll explain again.

these are pics from a camcorder
they are med quality
they are 100k or less each
there are 2800+ pics on the 512meg SD card

1 pic @ med does not equal 2.1 meg, maybe on a camera with a super high megapixel count. These pics are 640x480. a 2.1 meg pic would be over 2000x1500 or so.

now go back to your hole where you think you know everything

The Wii Photo Channel's slideshow w/mp3 soundtrack makes a great "backdrop" for parties or "electronic wallpaper". Fire off a slideshow with accompanying music and it really helps set the mood of a party, or just sitting around after dinner.

1000 photos will provide only about 1.5 hour's worth of slide show. It would be NICE to have more, but I'm not complaining. Hopefully Nintendo will update the channel to support folders/albums.

Honestly... Maybe you guys don;t take alot of pictures or just dont have anything to takepictures of... 1000 pictures isnt a lot. I have 1000s of pictures (On my PC). Each is around 500-1000KB. That said, Im not complaining about the 1000 picture limit simply because the photo channel is a nice thing to have but its no way meant to be the center of your photo experience. Your PC should be. Save them on your PC, dude. You need to do that. That way you'll be able to take higher res. pictures as well. It's just that much better.

BTW: The slideshow on the Wii Photo Channel is superb!

dignan said:
since you want to make comments about what you don't know (and didn't read, cuz i spelled it out) I'll explain again.

these are pics from a camcorder
they are med quality
they are 100k or less each
there are 2800+ pics on the 512meg SD card

1 pic @ med does not equal 2.1 meg, maybe on a camera with a super high megapixel count. These pics are 640x480. a 2.1 meg pic would be over 2000x1500 or so.

now go back to your hole where you think you know everything

ya okay you also sent that to me over privet messages and ill say this

i dont freakin care im 13 okay 13

Back