Pokemon MMO suggestions?

Keysersoze

WiiChat Member
Apr 26, 2007
yeah, i agree except for the starter bit.
i think a pokemon mmo would be excellent, especially with the Wii's capabilities. If everyone started with one of the now 12 starters, everyone would have one of those and i woud get really annoying really fast, i was thinking the starters should be partially randomized for each game, partially 'cause there would be at least 4-5 good starters (aron, charmander, swablu, beldum for example)along with maybe 10-15 other no so good ones to chose from; and there would be less of a chance to get a "good" one on the list (like you MIGHT get the beldum from my example after at least 50 tries say, that way it would reduce the incentive to keep restarting untill u get wat u want). That would at least even the playing field a bit, of course some people would get shafted, but thats the point...
I think character creation should be almost like it is in Entropia Universe, and gameplay should be somewhat like WoW (world of warcraft). And i agree with whoever said this but there should be a choice to enter different profesions, like tracking/hunting, or breeeding, or being a professer, gym leader (but if they accepted being a gym leader, there would have to be requirements, like being online and "working" at least once a month, which would allow for more than one gym leader to keep it running for continual challenges), etc...This would/might force people to have to cooperate with other players if they wanted to find/get a particular pokemon, or get egg(s), or learn about certain legendaries so as to find them, etc...
About the battling style, while i love turn based rpg fighting, i think it needs to change, not should. Perhaps when in a battle, you could control your pokemon (in first person, again, like WoW, of course this would bring up issues with double battles, havent worked that out yet). And of course, you should only be able to use moves where they are appropriate (dive only in water and not in the middle of the desert). I also understand this might cause a good deal of lag for some, but that problem lies in every online game.

As for legendaries, either there should only be a couple of each, so everyone cant get one, or they sould be like bosses (like WoW...sorry for the constant referrences to WoW, but that game has a lot ging for it).
The rest should be fairly straight forward. If anyone is capable of submitting these ideas, and would like to, to someone who could have a say in making it a reality (not just my idea(s), but the idea of a pokemon mmo in general), please do so.

And i agree with pretty much everything else that was said by Coleydoom a while ago. The whole quest idea to get legendaires to show up, etc... seems pretty viable as well.
Well...that took a while, sorry for boring anyone that got bored.

I actually think a Pokemon MMO would be wonderful, and I do have tons of great ideas for it but seemed to have forgotten them all. Blast. Well someone else will end up saying them anyway.

i think i ahve an idea for better battles. It starts like this your pokemons are moving around the field and u can pick an attck then the other person can pick a counter attck and no more of this 4 only attck nonsense and its real time so you have to be fast to counter or attck like in the real show that would be super awesome if they did that for battle revolution

kingkoy said:
i think i ahve an idea for better battles. It starts like this your pokemons are moving around the field and u can pick an attck then the other person can pick a counter attck and no more of this 4 only attck nonsense and its real time so you have to be fast to counter or attck like in the real show that would be super awesome if they did that for battle revolution

Thats kind of what i meant when i said first person, but i apologize if it was unclear.

That would be awesome but I think it would be for DS as Pokémon has always been mainly for the portable consoles I think you should get to play as a Pokémon that you pick at the start and it has all of the available ones and then as you level up you get powers and you need armor and stuff I think LoZ is the MMO we might be seeing a Pokémon one would be cool though

A Pokemon MMO would simply be amazing.

Turned Base would be alright, but I'd prefer if it were different.

It'd be sweet to see a Pokemon game like this on an actual console. They're always fun on the hand helds, but I'd like to see something new.

The only turn-based MMO is FFXI which isn't really umm well a good MMO I don't think they could make a successful turn-based maybe like Spectrobes

i think that instead of a starter you have to go and catch it from a small field full of pigeys, starlys, hoot-hoots, ratatas, bug pokemon, etc. But after you get a little into the game, each trainer should be able to talk to someone who gives them one of the 12 starters plus a few other pretty decent pokemon. So theres like a total of 20 pokemon that you can get from this guy.

i also say that their should be VERY strict rules for being a gym leader. you should have to clock atleast 10 hours online a week, unless you post something on the gym door and find a sub to handle the battles for a week or two if your on vacation or something. i also think that an extremely powerful gym leader shouldnt be allowed to create a gym full of super powerful monsters right by where you start the game. (which could be either starting point from the original 4 games) The game should regulate how strong a gym leaders pokemon can be in certain areas too.

Or maybe even level the trainers, so before agreeing to battle that certain trainer, you get to see their badges, win loss record, and hours played, etc. that would keep newer trainers from getting owned and veterans from being jerks to newer trainers.

In terms of battling, i think they should use the same system that they have gone with, but use a little more stuff from the show (i know the show isnt that great, but the battles are well made)

well, im sure i could go on, i think ill stop there. A pokemon mmo is a great idea btw!

Last edited:
I don't think the idea of allowing player to become people like NPC's is a very good one

I say drop the whole Gym leader thing dude, instead of players being gym leaders let them just be NPC's and as stated above, Other players can check players badges, win/loss record etc

Being a gym leader would be so damn boring they MUST sit in the gym 24/7 if someone wants there badge, they cant leave i say just leave it to an NPC

(sorry if english was bad)

But if each Gym has 100 ranked people, then whoever is the highest ranked person at the time their on, they become the leader.

ive never even seen pokemon or played any pokemon games or anything like that but id buy that! they really need to make cool games like that... but considering "friend codes", i doubt they will make an mmo because they are too stupid to embrace true online gaming...

Back