politics and gaming

ok, kids can get over excited with games, thats pretty much where the idea of going into school with a gun comes from. all school shootings onvolve the kid playing video games.

How many games do you know of where you get to specifically go somewhere and kill a bunch of children/ teens? I'm not sure there's one on the market.

no, i don't think it really matters so long as you actually do kill people.

i would rather have my kids play a violent video game than becoming bored, going out and doing drugs, having sex, drinking, ect.
stuff like that is more common to ruin lives than playing violent video games.

261311 said:
How many games do you know of where you get to specifically go somewhere and kill a bunch of children/ teens? I'm not sure there's one on the market.

I dont like your avatar. It makes me think you are either a fat retarted kid or your just making fun of retarted people.

Either way I don't see how your avatar is amusing, its pretty stupid.

I know that was off topic, but im just letting you know.

every game just like every cartoon/movie is violent what pisses me off is there are these assholes behind desks making wayyy to much a year, deciding whats "too violent" and whats not.

Someone mentioned Zelda, love the game but that game is classified as a kids game, lets look at it for what it is, a guy with a sword walking around stabbing people and that what it has always been and always will be so why pick and choose? because he looks a little more cartoonish doing it then say resident evil or manhunt? in all reality its really not.

if kids are gonna emulate a game, either game, its the same thing the result will be violent.

Hell looney toons is violent if you look at it, look at everything it has in it, anvils droped on peoples head what if kid wanted to emulate road runner? ohh lets put a 17+ rating on looney toons now sorry bugs the only people what ARE old enough to watch you have out grown you BANKRUPT.

Zelda is rated 'Teen'.

Not to play devil's advocate, but if you had to rank any entertainment medium (Movies, TV, videogames, music, television...radio...) on the prevalence of violence, videogames would tower over all others as number 1.

I don't know what to make of it. 'M' seems more like a brand of quality to some rather than a warning of offensive material. Suda51 made a point over No More Heroes having tons of blood. Why? Is blood fun? The game sparked many remarks on how the Wii's 'M' catalogue is lacking, finally there's a mature game! The game could be fantastic, but do we play videogames for fun or to fulfill some sort of bloodlust?

For those who don't play games, they won't know about the fun. They have no experience with any strategy or puzzle-solving in videogames, or the sense of discovery, accomplishment, or interaction, or the benefits of having good reflexes. When they see mature games, they're only presented with the ideas. And the ideas behind the majority of mature games are trashy. Violence, twisted psychology, absent morality, misogyny, you name it, it's all there.

Blaming real world violence on games is still a stretch, but that doesn't mean the content of games shouldn't be evaluated, and I don't mean by politicians, but by players and developers themselves.

T3kNi9e said:
I dont like your avatar. It makes me think you are either a fat retarted kid or your just making fun of retarted people.

Either way I don't see how your avatar is amusing, its pretty stupid.

I know that was off topic, but im just letting you know.
So PM me or leave a profile comment you butt pirate, stop spamming. I could care less what you think, what I find funny or am.

I guess I could reason with you guys that it create violent thoughts at times, but I don't think that leads to murder. The most it may do is give someone the initial thoughts but I think other media such as movies are more detailed in giving "ideas".

Back