'Project Bang!' (Wii) Announced

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Dutch developer Engine Software announces its first project for the Nintendo WiiWare service, Project Bang!, a casual game type with very addictive gameplay using the unique Wii Remote controller functionality, and will support a two-player battle mode.

Nintendo’s WiiWare service is a new downloadable game content service that is scheduled to be launched in March 2008. Players will be able to purchase and download WiiWare games directly from the Wii Shop Channel in exchange for Wii Points. “WiiWare brings new levels of creativity and value to the ever-growing population of Wii owners.”, as stated by Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime.

Ruud van de Moosdyk, VP of Development at Engine Software: “We are very excited about our first game for the WiiWare service. When we acquired our official Wii license last year we already had several concepts written up that would be ideal for WiiWare, and Project Bang! is the first to actually go into production. We wanted to get rolling on this exciting new platform early on, and I am quite happy we are now on schedule to do just that. “

In the near future Engine Software will be releasing more information (including the final name), and screenshots of Project Bang!, as well as more news regarding future plans for the platform. Project Bang! is scheduled to be completed early on in the service’s operational status, but no exact date can be given at this time.

heres the link. it sounds good

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=48774&mode=thread&order=0

vashivihan said:
Dutch developer Engine Software announces its first project for the Nintendo WiiWare service, Project Bang!, a casual game type with very addictive gameplay using the unique Wii Remote controller functionality, and will support a two-player battle mode.

BOOOO, FUK DAT ****

Go Dutch Go Dutch GOOOOO DUUUTCH!

Holland ftw :p

No I cant say much about project bang. I hope it will be a cool title that will prove holland is a force to be reckoned with!

( joking sarcasm and what not.. )

Atleast its showing that nintendo is willing to play fair and let all 3rd partys come join the Wii phenomenon...

hopefully this will mean some really awsome and unique games, instead of the chewed up, re-used, and recycled 3rd party games nintendo fans are use too...

wezeles said:
Atleast its showing that nintendo is willing to play fair and let all 3rd partys come join the Wii phenomenon...

hopefully this will mean some really awsome and unique games, instead of the chewed up, re-used, and recycled 3rd party games nintendo fans are use too...

At a price though, no company gets rights like that for free I'm guessing.

I'll agree with the second point though, only problem there is as it opens up the market for "awesome and unique games" it also leaves room for crappy and unoriginal games ;)

I think Nintendo needs to buy back Rare, Microsoft having it is a travesty.

261311 said:

At a price though, no company gets rights like that for free I'm guessing.

I'll agree with the second point though, only problem there is as it opens up the market for "awesome and unique games" it also leaves room for crappy and unoriginal games ;)

I think Nintendo needs to buy back Rare, Microsoft having it is a travesty.

True you have to pay for the rights for any game system if you want to design on it.
And besides we get crap games now from BIG 3rd party publishing companys... its the smaller ones that usually come out with awsome stuff, the big ones are the ones that pump out garbage for sales alone...

a smaller company that doesnt have publishers money backing them... if they dont make it good, even a game that only took 6 months to develop... they dont get paid at all if it flops... So it makes them try harder... and inturn makes the bigger publishers have to compete and not push out so much junk...

This also goes to show my point on HDDVD and Blue-ray.. even 360 and ps3 have full downloadable games..

the future of gaming and movies and music and everything else isnt in more high end DVD's but downloadable content, Blue-ray and HDDVD is to late to make a huge impact in Physical Media storage...

Over the next few years we wont need to go anyware to buy a movie,game,music... you will just download it onto your huge hard drive on your DVR,Game System, or MP3 player... which will be nice for me, im running out of space...

ya lets buy back rare. what if all the wii chat members pool moneys together and we will make a contract with rare so they make games for nintendo. yay!

I much rather have Rare with Microsoft. Banjo Kazooie 3 is gonna be great, especially with achievements. Should look really pretty too in High-def.

oh boo you. i dont have a 360 mr. selfish. just cuz your a spoiled brat with your 3 consoles doesnt mean we all are. *whimper*

Back