Project Cafe to have just 8GB of storage, claims latest rumour

hybrid -x1

~graceful assassin~
Sep 14, 2010
Shooting Star Suimmit
Wii Online Code
1000-2000-3000-4000
Nintendo's Wii successor is set to forgo an internal hard-drive, instead offering developers just 8GB of on-board flash memory with which to save data, a new report claims.

According to Kotaku - which was one of the first publications to chime in with Wii 2 reports - the on-board memory offered by the next console will be 16 times the capacity of the original Wii, but still significantly lower than that being offered by competing HD consoles (PS3 is at 320GB).

While 8GB would allow ample room for downloadable retro games and updates, downloadable content such as 1GB Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation map pack would quickly see gamers run out of space.

According to Kotaku's sources, the next Nintendo console will use a disc format capable of holding up to 25GB of data.

Nintendo's confirmed it will show off its next console at E3 in June, the controller will once again be at the centre of the company's new innovations.

[ Source: Kotaku ]

My thoughts: well now this is interesting but then again the xbox360 had the same thing remember? You had to go out and buy a larger storage etc.

As long as "Project Cafe" has DLC for games other then guitar hero/RockBand I'll be happy also I'm curious to see what this controller for "Project Cafe" is gonna look like.

Anyway Discuss.

8 gig is a lot of space for a few VC games and saves.
Its nice to see that Nintendo aren't going fully online with there upcoming console.

Word is that there will be another console shown at E3

Back