Rumour: Wii 2 has Blu-ray Drive, Controller Contains a Screen

While I agree that some sort of SD-style memory card system would be cool, the fact of the matter is that it's really cheap to mass-produce blu-ray and DVD discs, especially compared to high capacity memory cards.

NINUSA Should call it "the SuperWii HD" or something more creative than Wii 2; which they will.

So will it be compatible to play 3X backwards (like some of the PS3's out there. PSX, PS2, & PS3); GC, Wii and SWiiHD (?) games?

Will the Virtual Console have more titles? That I want at least?

I think the new controller should be modeled after the bottom half of the DSi XL; except with a speaker. The funtions: it obviously would control your system on/off, the menu, and it's games; it's wireless with a system built in charging station, it has classic controller functions as well as motion controls, it will have Bluetooth to connect a wireless nunchuck or stationary joystick (meaning one that sticks to your table)/ other accessories, and like those Sega Dreamcast Visual Memory units have mini games. *They wouldn't do full length games because then that would take away from their portable sales.*

If GTA V is a launch title they should create a GTA Limited edition Wii; sort of like what they did to the Gamecube with the return of Metal Gear to Nintendo.
http://www.gameforfun.com/en/product.asp?product_id=4097&str=Metal+Gear+Solid

I have high expectations and hopes for the sequel to the Wii. Bring it on Nintendo!

@Skippy,

I'm not disagreeing with you, but 16GBs and above would be expensive. But my idea is to start cheap, I paid $21.89 for an 8GB which point being, DVD Compacity. XBOX 360 uses DVD, we should start there, however, a newer cardtridge system would be able to update from 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 258GB, and 512GBs in compacity. (Although not needed, 128GB-512GB, its there just in case).

Back