Face it, Blu-Ray is needed

No he said a PAedofile, thats a person that masterbates to Triple H when he's wrastling, so i think he was actually talking to you Cyanrussel.

You PS3 boys are a bit on the fruity side.

No im sorry, i believe he was pointing that out to YOU, the person who loves man with huge guns!!!

He also said to me, the reason why YOU like men with big guns is because they have big cocks, and just like to suck on them!!!!

"But let me stop here, im not trying to get banned, i like this website, watching other people debate/argue!"

(Plus i like Nintendo more than i like the other systems, but i last i show respect to other systems on what they brought to the gaming world)

paintba||er said:

But as Shift already said about the 360 most developers wouldn't make use of an add on because not everyone would have it, and they want to market to the widest array of customers they can.

Yes but i was talking about a Blueray add-on in 3 to 4 years, not right now. I agree that an add on like the 360s HDDVD dosent benefit gaming because not enough people have them for games to be made for it but if it was released after a few years when the consoles power was dipping then it becomes more of an upgrade that people would want to get rather than buying a whole new system. Releasing muliple systems at the start though just confuses people (applys to both PS3 and 360).

Nintendo did the upgrade route quite well in the past with the SNES and N64, when the consoles didnt have enough power they bumped them up using DSP chips in the games or memory expansion upgrades. Obviously it was easier for them as they were cartridge based systems and often a peripheral add on can flop like the Mega CD did unless it has some real killer aps.

The PS3s stategy is kind of counter productive though, if they had left out the Blueray for now and had a lower price point then they would have been selling more units and had a wider array of customers to start with. Then in 3 or 4 years with a larger user base they could have offered the Blueray upgrade at a cheaper price with a massive game that people wouldnt mind shelling out for. With the Blueray and higher price point Sony have limited their user base to pure PS3 lovers (people who wanted the machine regardless of its price) and are not attracting the average joe who sees little difference between the 360 and PS3 except for the price, yes i know the PS3 is actually a bargin for whats inside it but an average consumer dosent really see that.

Of course if the PS3 didnt have any kind of HD movie playback then the 360 fanboys would attack it for that reason alone. Hopefully Sony will learn from its mistakes this gen though and their next machine will get back to the formula that made the PS1 and PS2 so successful.

raisinghelen said:
Hopefully Sony will learn from its mistakes this gen though and their next machine will get back to the formula that made the PS1 and PS2 so successful.
What do you think made the PS1/2 so successful? The PS1 used CD's which in the past only failed and the PS2 used DVD's which they (the media and people) said would ruin the PS2. So if the PS3 stuck with their formula than that would mean they would have to use something other than a DVD.

I really dont see this as a mistake.

Back