Blu-ray Cannot Contain Metal Gear Solid 4's Awesomeness

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
explode.jpg

The one technical advantage Blu-ray held over HD DVD is that Blu-ray discs hold more stuff, 50GB on a dual-layer disc. But that's still not enough for Metal Gear Solid 4 in all its glory, according to creator Hideo Kojima:

Kojima: For us, we're not still not satisfied with the quality we can do. You know, there's not capacity space.

Interviewer: Wait, wait a sec. Saying there's not enough capacity, are you talking about Blu-ray?

Kojima: That's correct. There's not enough space at all. (laughs) ...There's not enough space. We always talked about where to cut and what to compress.

Just how does one cut and compress pure badassness? And the race to develop a new super-duper HD format begins...now.

Source:http://gizmodo.com/363075/blu+ray-cannot-contain-metal-gear-solid-4s-awesomeness

This must be a really huge game.

Wow, MGS4 must be a really futuristic detailed game. It's the reason I'm buying a PS3 to be honest, oh and tekken 6.

Off topic: by the way, when is tekken 6 released?

Read about this! That's kinda cool :p

@ Inceptor; Not sure! But I'm getting it! Always loved Tekken...

i saw a video where it shows how many disc the 360 needs to play this game

it was more then 7

Crap man, just make multiple disks. Final Fantasy 7 did that, and lowered their price drom $50 to $40 on the USA launch. I still have my Gamepro magazine where they list FF7 as $50. I still have my preorder slip where I bought the game for $40, and that was a 3 disk game. Konami should take a not from Square, and multi disk the game.

Don't give me that crap that Blue Ray costs more. It actually doesn't. The sole reason Sony backed Blue Ray, is it's cheaper to produce than HD DVD.

Celestial said:
Read about this! That's kinda cool :p

@ Inceptor; Not sure! But I'm getting it! Always loved Tekken...

Okay thanks Celestial. Yeah tekken games are great, I think the best ones were tekken 3, tekken tag tournament and tekken 5 so far. Hopefully tekken 6 will be even better. :)

Don't give me that crap that Blue Ray costs more. It actually doesn't. The sole reason Sony backed Blue Ray, is it's cheaper to produce than HD DVD.

Sony doesent "back it", they pretty much invented it.

I'm assuming this just means endless amounts of HD FMV - I'd say it's unlikely that the ingame graphics/engine (models/tm) and audio is taking up much room, relatively speaking (vs. FMV).

I hope I'm wrong and there's *massive* amounts of in-game content (since I'd prefer not to sit and watch 15-20 minute movie interludes).

The sole reason Sony backed Blue Ray, is it's cheaper to produce than HD DVD.

For the record HD-DVD was actually cheaper (both from a licensing model and mastering costs).

Sony holds a few patents to some of the low level tech, but the BD Association is the controlling entity which regulates and defines the specification. By some people's estimates, Sony has ~30% of the IP which is mainly shared among the founding CE companies of Sony, Panasonic and Pioneer.

Inceptor said:
Okay thanks Celestial. Yeah tekken games are great, I think the best ones were tekken 3, tekken tag tournament and tekken 5 so far. Hopefully tekken 6 will be even better. :)

I liked Tekken 1 and 2 most because they had Jun, I was amazing with her! And Tekken 5 because of Asuka who was pretty much the same as Jun. Tekken 3 was soooo much fun because of the beach ball thing. :) Tekken 4 was still amazing, always played with Christie/Eddie. Tekken Tag was brilliant too because of all the moves you could do with switching characters. lol

So what your saying is...........they are all great!!!!!! I must say I agree. :)

Lol yea pretty much actually :p

But yea, MGS4. Cannot wait. lol It's gonna be soooooooooo amazingly fantastic.

Yeah have you seen videos for MGS4 yet? ah they look amazing. The graphics are so detailed, it's unreal.

kinda looking forward to the game now. im not a metal gear fan but ill have to buy it just for the hype i guess. im sure ill be impressed but will i enjoy the story line?

Im gona go ahead and guess htat none of you have been following MGS4 as i have

MGS4 is on a 50GB blu-ray disk not 25 GB

man this game is huge, and no its not gonna be on multiple disks.

and for anyone wondering if they took any features off cause of this, yes, their isnt multiple languages, NA has english and whatnot, so NA will not get Chienese on it or some other language

and for the rest of you, 4 hours of cutscenes baby, but if you dont like cutscenes then well no MGS game is for you

Back