Slowly drifting away
Dec 10, 2006
My PSN is zein9881
Wii Online Code
7428-8550-5786-2492
Ps3 first impressions

You all knew this was coming

This is my review on my awesome ps3
Now before I start this review I want everyone to know that I wrote this dam review 3 times cause I kept sighing out so I decided to put it on Word and then on to ps3forums.com

Packaging:
It comes with the
~console
~wires
~controller

It doesn’t come with a HDMI cable though, but you’re getting a whole lot from a the PS3 so... don’t be cheap
Overall: it was okay but it was hard taking the console out due to the cardboards... I give it a 9

Installination:
After you plug in all the wires and what not, you turn the console on.
It will ask you to put your language, country, time and what not
After you configure your settings and hook your console on to the internet (I did it Wi-Fi) you have to update the console. It took me about 30 mins, but people are complaning that it takes them like 5 hours (Google it)

Now you will have to make your PSN ID

After that I started downloading demos,

Overall: It took me around 2 hours (I was downloading allot of demos) but it was fun =) I give it a 9.0 as well because it was easy but it wasn’t fast

Console:
It has a DVD player,Blu ray player, Gaming console, iPod charge station, It will soon record TV shows, It has online demos free, free online, add ons, backward compatibility (well they stopped putting EE chips into the 80Gb consoles and theirs only limited amount of 60GIGs so get while their hot),video content

What else can a man ask for?

I want to elaborate on the DVD for abit

Yea I had a burned movie which my ps2 could never play but my DVD player could, but my ps3 plays it, in other words ps3 has a good DVD player!

Up till now it’s been all good and there’s more eye candy on the way

Overall: ill give it a 10 well because....do I have to spell it out for you

Games:

I got a motorstorm game with it for only 20 bucks more, but it didn’t work because it was corrupted

So I went and got Ninja Gaiden sigma instead
Up till now I love the games on ps3, I have played allot of demos and my favs are

Resistance
Motor storm
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly sword
Blastfacter (yea I like shooting bloody things)

And theirs more good games coming for it

Let me correct myself theirs allot more good games coming for it

Overall: I like the games and theirs more coming so yea a 9.9 is in order! (I took .1 away cause of the corrupted disk; I’m still pissed about that.

Closing comments:

Ps3 is a beast, latterly
If u have seen the killzone 2 and MGS4 trailers you know why I say this
But uptill now no dev has unlocked the power of it yet, hell some of them are struggling with it.
So if you don’t have a ps3 I swear to god get one or else....I’m gonna throw ninja stars at you

Overall: the ps3 gets a 9.4

Please no flaming

And if you wanno add me to PSN please PM me.....please I’m so lonely........so sooo lonely

Last edited:
I coulda swore that there was a topic named this. Thought somebody was necro-ing!

Yeah, I very much want the PS3.
I need my fill of super awesome graphics.
So then I can have hopefully innovative fun on my wii, and then Hi-def fun on the PS3.

I'll enjoy Sony's RPGs, because you have to face it. Aside from Zelda (which is really more of an action adventure game), they've got the good, meaty RPGs.

And then I want wifi. No 100 dollar accessory for me puh-leez.

And I MIGHT merit getting a blue-ray DVD one day when I get my job and can afford to throw 5 or 10 bucks more at a movie.

I wanna see what the developers do with all that space on the Blu-Ray.

But I'ma pick up a wimpy 20 gig. I don't need the extra space, and I wanna say that it comes with the same things as the 60 and 80 gig.

Nice review though.
Good when people learn that one console can't be the best.

Trulen said:
I coulda swore that there was a topic named this. Thought somebody was necro-ing!

Yeah, I very much want the PS3.
I need my fill of super awesome graphics.
So then I can have hopefully innovative fun on my wii, and then Hi-def fun on the PS3.

I'll enjoy Sony's RPGs, because you have to face it. Aside from Zelda (which is really more of an action adventure game), they've got the good, meaty RPGs.

And then I want wifi. No 100 dollar accessory for me puh-leez.

And I MIGHT merit getting a blue-ray DVD one day when I get my job and can afford to throw 5 or 10 bucks more at a movie.

I wanna see what the developers do with all that space on the Blu-Ray.

But I'ma pick up a wimpy 20 gig. I don't need the extra space, and I wanna say that it comes with the same things as the 60 and 80 gig.

Nice review though.
Good when people learn that one console can't be the best.
You say you want WiFi, but you are going to get a 20GB? The 20GB doesn't have WiFi. And they haven't sold them for quite a while.

Zeon said:
they dont sell 20 GB or 60 GB anymore only 80GB is in now
They still sale the 60GB, but they are going to stop producing them.....

paintba||er said:

You say you want WiFi, but you are going to get a 20GB? The 20GB doesn't have WiFi. And they haven't sold them for quite a while.

Aw dang.
I can't find info on the difference between the two anywheres.

Well, looks like I can work a little more and scuff up for a 60GB.
'Cause I bet there's a plethera of games I've never played for the PS2.

paintba||er said:

actully they already stopped producing them and my near by wal-mart didnt have any 60's just 80's which come with motorstorm

What are you going to do when they launch another PS3 version next year? I heard Sony has plans for a controller port, memory card version. After that they want to launch another version with a smaller, weaker/cheaper cell processor, and finally a version with rumble pack. There will be at least 2 more version launches in the next 2 years. So much for the console that's supposed to last you 10 years. The 20gig version looks more and more useless.

sagema said:
What are you going to do when they launch another PS3 version next year? I heard Sony has plans for a controller port, memory card version. After that they want to launch another version with a smaller, weaker/cheaper cell processor, and finally a version with rumble pack. There will be at least 2 more version launches in the next 2 years. So much for the console that's supposed to last you 10 years. The 20gig version looks more and more useless.

1. sony has stated that their are no plans of installing a controllerport to the system, and for the memory card, sony has stated since ps3 has built in memory this will not be needed

2. games are coming out which will use 80-97% of the cpu, if the downgrade it these games will be useless, the thing your talking about is the chips, they will make them smaller theirfore making the ps3 cheaper but as for the cell processer, it remains

3. lets try to remember the ps3 is more then a "console" shall we

4. when sony said the system will last you awhile ( not ten years) they were also takling about the blu-ray player, DVD player, cdplayer, Ipod charger,

sagema said:
LOL what does that matter? If they come out with new ones, in most cases it will be an unneeded upgrade, or they will be worse than the older ones.

Controller Port - Completely unneeded.
Memory Card - Completely unneeded and an adapter can just be purchased to do the same thing.
Weaker Processor - Probably won't be weaker, it will probably just be a 65nm version. And even if it is weaker, that would make the older consoles better.
Rumble - That would just be a new controller, that all the consoles could accept.

And how is the 20GB useless? Unless you need memory card ports or WiFi then it will be capable of everything the 60GB and 80GB are.

yea ps3 is getting 65nm chips soon but thats no big deal

and paint im gonna add you on psn soon

1. Sony signed a deal with Immersion for Rumble Pack features on the next PS3 version. No idea if they'll do it or not, but they did pay Immersion millions for it.
2. Without memory card ports, it's difficult to port PS1-2 data. You have to pay extra money for an adapter, or start all your PS1-2 games over from scratch. Not a good idea for those of us who actually own more than 5 games.
3. The best games, FF13, MGS4 will push the limits of the PS3, they will be the first not to work with changes to the cell processor. Sony ran into the same problems when FF10-12(Their best made games) wouldn't work with the backwards compatability at first. They do have a hard drive, and they did fix it, so this may be a temporary issue.
4. Game demos are over 1gb, a 20gb hard drive is like a 512mb Wii hard drive. Simply not enough room for the long haul. PS3 home and other features will pile into 5gb.
5. Sony promoted the PS3 as a system that will last 10 years. Their own words, not mine. When Sony stops making contradictions, we'll have a better idea what they have planned for the future. They should tell their marketting department to shut up and focus on lower their game prices $10 to derail the 360.

sagema said:
1. Sony signed a deal with Immersion for Rumble Pack features on the next PS3 version. No idea if they'll do it or not, but they did pay Immersion millions for it.
2. Without memory card ports, it's difficult to port PS1-2 data. You have to pay extra money for an adapter, or start all your PS1-2 games over from scratch. Not a good idea for those of us who actually own more than 5 games.
3. The best games, FF13, MGS4 will push the limits of the PS3, they will be the first not to work with changes to the cell processor. Sony ran into the same problems when FF10-12(Their best made games) wouldn't work with the backwards compatability at first. They do have a hard drive, and they did fix it, so this may be a temporary issue.
4. Game demos are over 1gb, a 20gb hard drive is like a 512mb Wii hard drive. Simply not enough room for the long haul. PS3 home and other features will pile into 5gb.
5. Sony promoted the PS3 as a system that will last 10 years. Their own words, not mine. When Sony stops making contradictions, we'll have a better idea what they have planned for the future. They should tell their marketting department to shut up and focus on lower their game prices $10 to derail the 360.

1. The rumble will just be in new controllers, new consoles probably won't be needed.
2. The 360 is doing fine without memory card slots. Sure it pissed some people off, but I doubt it would really hurt their sales.
3. Like I said, they will probably just be 65nm, but not weaker. Even if they were I'm sure they would make sure that all the games work on both models.
4. Ya, if you want to use it as a media hub for all your music, movies, and stuff then 20GB isn't going to be enough. But it is fine if you just want it for gaming. Plus you can always easily replace the HDD. Again, look at the 360. The premium has been doing fine yet it only has a 20GB HDD, which is perfect if you just want to play games and not watch a bunch of movies and stuff.

paint i added you to my ps3

and to the other guy

yea ps3 did sign a contract with immersion but then again they have been looking into the new and fresh technology called "touchsense"

20 GB is anough of a hraddrive for demos and games

and as for the mem and controller, like paint said look at the xbox 360

Back