PS3 graphical glitches?

Samster

Slave to the Wind
Nov 6, 2006
London, England
Came across these images of Ridge Racer 7 in action.......................

What do you think? Poor coding? Bad RAM? GPU overheat? Or have the images been PhotoChopped?

3_qjpreviewth.jpg

2_qjpreviewth.jpg

1_qjpreviewth.jpg

my money is on photoshopped or bad collsion detection - If the GPU overheated, you'd see artifacts. If the RAM was dropping bits, the whole system would crash.

In any case, I'm not getting one, so.... meh.

if that is photoshoped then it is a DAMN good one. looks like the GPU isnt doing what it is supposed to. if these glitches happen to alot of the PS3's you can bet that sony fanboys are gonna make up some excuse about it and that it isnt the system that faulty. im gonna laugh so hard if it keeps happening because all the PS3 fanboys keep doing is bashing the 360 for its GPU errors (which i never had on mine :) )

thegreatleon said:
I don't think it will be a habit with the system, but NBA 07 has glitches as well. NBA 07 for PlayStation 3 Review - PlayStation 3 NBA 07 Review
yeah, heres a pic: [MEDIA]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/317/reviews/935088_20061114_screen001.jpg[/MEDIA]

I wouldn't blame anyone yet, the ps3 is supposedly the harder of the "big 3's" consoles to develop with.

I've seen 4 PS3 demos in my area (Rochester NY) and every single one was hung on a blank screen. 1 at Gamestop, two at EB and 1 at Tar-gay.

What's the deal?

Damn good graphics, but...uhh...I'm not saying this as a fact, but i've nvr seen anyone go through someone else, especially during a b'ball game :p

Its pirtty hard to chop shop those images, if you will notice, the bars are behind the transparent menue. Thats some photoshop skill if it is photoshop. I wouldn't even know were to start if i was to make those. I in fact i'm going to say its impossible from just one screen shot. You would need the original menus in psd format or something.

Back