Which is more FUN???

lenitao3

Pswii or Wii360 ???
Dec 7, 2006
Hi everybody... sorry for posting a topic similar to many others......but i have no idea which one to get!! I need your opinion....

I have Wii, for about a year, and i love it veeeery much!!
I think Wii is the best console right now.....

But i'm going to get either Ps3 or Xbox360 for this christmas, and i want to know which is the right choice for what i'm looking for, which does:

- play the best quality movies
- best for playing music/videos/images
- has the most FUN games
- best graphics (the one i less care about)

What do you think???

*Are the games "Assasin's Creed" and "Call of Duty 4" good??

1. The PS3 has Bluray movies that have highest quality
2. The PS3 is best for photos, music, and videos on it's web browser
3. The 360 probably has best games as of now, but PS3 can catch up
4. PS3 has best graphics IMO.

Call of Duty 4 is awesome and is for both consoles. Don't know about Assasin's Creed, but it got amazing reviews.

The PS3 is really a media player. And with a built-in Blu-Ray player, then you're getting a bargain since a Blu-Ray player can cost up to $1000. As for games, for me, the XBox 360 has better game out at the moment like Gears of War, Halo 3, Forza Motorsport 2 and Bioshock. The PS3 also has a few good games like Warhawk and Resistance: Fall of Man, but not as many as the Xbox 360.

For graphics, the PS3 is probably a notch better, but between the 2, there is no major difference.

Both consoles have good potential.

ok guys....thanks for your help!! :)

i'll get a ps3, since it has all that i'm looking for.....!!

just one more question.....does the ps3 have nice online services, like wii's virtual console and so on??

(i know it definitely has (of course) but is it good?? )

lenitao3 said:
ok guys....thanks for your help!! :)

i'll get a ps3, since it has all that i'm looking for.....!!

just one more question.....does the ps3 have nice online services, like wii's virtual console and so on??

(i know it definitely has (of course) but is it good?? )
Yes, the PS3 has online called the PSNetwork. Unlike XBox Live, it is free. However, you will hear people (including me) say how XBox Live is fantastic. Don't worry though, I've played a PS3 and it's online capabilities are just fine.

If you're wondering if it's similar to the VC on the Wii, you can download PS1 games to play.

There is also Home on the PS3 coming out soon that is a virtual world where you can live a second life. You can personalize your apartment, talk to other people, play games, etc.

It sounds very fun to me.

They're both amazing consoles, both have amazing exclusive titles...personally, I would buy a 360 due to the mass amount of great titles out for it, however PS3 will eventually catch up. It's definitely a console that's in it for the long run, and it will show to be an exceptional system as time goes on. I would still have to say that the 360 is the way to go. :)

manufan15 said:
There is also Home on the PS3 coming out soon that is a virtual world where you can live a second life. You can personalize your apartment, talk to other people, play games, etc.

It sounds very fun to me.
Yea I watched a video on it looks relly cool and fun .

With the 360 though you have to worry about the red ring.And even with the new chip its still unrliable.
And assassain creed is a fun game.

what's the red ring??? :?

i think xbox360 has more games bacause it's released earlier, most probably....... but since i have wii as well, i think wii and ps3 games combined are more than enough for me..

i'm not sure yet which one to get, but i'm thinking about the Ps3 a bit more.....

it's a hard decision.......... ;p

get a PS3, it will be around longer if you ask me. and 360's exclusive titles have already been released (well, a lot of them) and PS3 has got it's main exclusives this year. its going to be an exciting year for PS3 owners.

i however own both consoles so im really not going to miss out on anything and to be honest, if i didtn have a 360 i wouldnt miss halo 3 that much after playing call of duty 4, wich you can of course get for PS3.

some games coming out are FF13 (dont know anythign about this one, not a FF fan at ALL) Killzone 2, and LittleBigPlanet, of course many others like HAZE wich i cant wait for and i think UT3 came out on the 9th of this month. those are the major ones i can thikn of right now.

from your original post, i would deffinately reccomend a PS3 for you. if games are all you care about, then maybe a 360, but in a year from now there wont be that much difference between the two.

manufan15 said:
1. The PS3 has Bluray movies that have highest quality

The only thing I'd add is out of the box, the BD on the PS3 is better then the regular DVD playback on the 360 - however, with the 360 external HD-DVD drive, they're effectively the same (though factor in the cost for the HD drive!).

BTW, I saw that Sony is sending out a 2.1 firmware update for BD Profile 1.1 (which is a semi big deal) DIVX support, a few other neat sounding media related updates!

get a ps3 because the really cool games are going to come out soon, like MGS4 and FF13.... and, well, thats all i care about right now. besides, like what some guy here said, no worrying about the red ring of death.

Back