PS3 vs. Wii (13+)

Mr_Stoukaph said:
yeah, the Wii girl was too peppy and annoying. they could have chosen someone better. buts its a fairly good transition from console to girl. do you want to be the Wii girl instead?;) haha jk:lol:

Sure but my mind might explode with too much ditsyness xD I can try though:D *Looks for her booty shorts*

LOL!! Ninteno lover just totally ignored ~Marisa~!*ouch*
Btw Marisa I get ur point of view but most of it is cuz u'r a girl and don't deny it, it is. I'm not trying to be rude or mean or anything like that, i'm just saying:D

Well they should make the girl optional, they sure as heck would get ALOT bigger fanbase, even if it is for a really wrong reason...

ssbb_lover said:
LOL!! Ninteno lover just totally ignored ~Marisa~!*ouch*
Btw Marisa I get ur point of view but most of it is cuz u'r a girl and don't deny it, it is. I'm not trying to be rude or mean or anything like that, i'm just saying:D

Well they should make the girl optional, they sure as heck would get ALOT bigger fanbase, even if it is for a really wrong reason...

I don't get offended easily and I beg to differ. It's not because I'm a girl, it's common sense. Like I said, the idea of it is genius but the way they went about it needs some work. Anyone can see that the blond girl is trying to hard and it becomes annoying. If they were going for attraction, they should've used someone prettier with a nicer body. I'm not being mean but it's simply the truth in the marketing world.

I'm not looking at this from a girl's point of view, I'm looking at it from a business point of view and if they want to reach a wider audience, as they so widely do, then they need to alter it a bit.

~Marisa~ said:
Okay, well, I really liked the idea of it. Small, portable and fun. I understand using the fat girl to represent the big, bulkyness of the PS3 and all but it's a bit mean to fat people >.< Another thing is that I think they totally used the wrong girl to represent the Wii. She's annoying. You can tell she's not deep down cute and fun. They tried to play it off the blond factor but it didn't work. They tried to make her look sexy and to be honest, she's not. She's very flat chested and has no curves, she also has a butter face. Yes, a butter face. She's pretty, but her face. Actually, she's kind of a butter face and butter body. They could've chosen a better, cuter, not-as-annoying girl.

Over all, the idea is very fascinating and inventive but the people they used didn't work out too well. :p

P.S. They didn't need to whore-out the blond girl to get the point across. You can be sexy and fun without looking like a stripper ;) If they want children, teens, adults and seniors to play, they chose the wrong outfit lol

I will love is u come with my wii ;) and also if u was the Wii girl and the actual wii girl was the PS3 one

~Marisa~ said:
Anyone can see that the blond girl is trying to hard and it becomes annoying. If they were going for attraction, they should've used someone prettier with a nicer body. I'm not being mean but it's simply the truth in the marketing world.

True. They shouldnt have gotten some hood rat little wanna be hooters girl to play the Wii girl. But then again they shouldnt have gotten some over the top, whining and complaining fat chick to play the PS3. I mean the PS3 is big, but it is still pretty sleek and sexy in its own right. If they were going for the whole Mac commercial idea, then they should have gotten someone a little less over the top for the PS3 and someone more normal. Someone that most of us can relate to. I mean I do understand that it is a marketing strategy to use a half naked girl to promote the Wii. I mean come on! The gaming industry is still 65% adolecent boys, who would all love to have that girl instead of moo cow. But it is really a little over done. But then again, thats why this commercial wont be aired. At least not in the U.S.

DragonM3D said:
True. They shouldnt have gotten some hood rat little wanna be hooters girl to play the Wii girl. But then again they shouldnt have gotten some over the top, whining and complaining fat chick to play the PS3. I mean the PS3 is big, but it is still pretty sleek and sexy in its own right. If they were going for the whole Mac commercial idea, then they should have gotten someone a little less over the top for the PS3 and someone more normal. Someone that most of us can relate to. I mean I do understand that it is a marketing strategy to use a half naked girl to promote the Wii. I mean come on! The gaming industry is still 65% adolecent boys, who would all love to have that girl instead of moo cow. But it is really a little over done. But then again, thats why this commercial wont be aired. At least not in the U.S.

Very well said. They definantly should've made it so we can relate to it. In my humble opinion, they should've made the Wii girl beautiful, not some blond "hot" girl. Beautiful is way more appealing. They could make the beautiful girl sexy, yet classy at the same time. There is such a thing as being respectfully sexy. It leaves more to the imagination and in my opinion, is way more attractive. They should've used a beautiful girl who is cute, charming, poised and smart all at the same time

Sure, the blond girl will attract a few guys but to me, an attractive girl that you can have fun playing games with and fall in love with at the same time would send a stronger message. It'd be someone everyone can relate to. Someone everyone can fall in love with. The girl would need to have that special something that's hard to find, just like the Wii. You can tell the blond girl is 100% fake. We need a real person, someone we can connect with.

As for the PS3, you're totally right, they didn't need to make her look THAT bad lol. Maybe if they would've used some middle-aged guy with cheeto stains on his wife-beater shirt. That way, it wouldn't seem so much like they're pinning fat girls and skinny girls against each other. lol

Last edited:
~Marisa~ said:
Very well said. They definantly should've made it so we can relate to it. In my humble opinion, they should've made the Wii girl beautiful, not some blond "hot" girl. Beautiful is way more appealing. They could make the beautiful girl sexy, yet classy at the same time. There is such a thing as being respectfully sexy. It leaves more to the imagination and in my opinion, is way more attractive. They should've used a beautiful girl who is cute, charming, poised and smart all at the same time

Sure, the blond girl will attract a few guys but to me, an attractive girl that you can have fun playing games with and fall in love with at the same time would send a stronger message. It'd be someone everyone can relate to. Someone everyone can fall in love with. The girl would need to have that special something that's hard to find, just like the Wii. You can tell the blond girl is 100% fake. We need a real person, someone we can connect with.

As for the PS3, you're totally right, they didn't need to make her look THAT bad lol. Maybe if they would've used some middle-aged guy with cheeto stains on his wife-beater shirt. That way, it wouldn't seem so much like they're pinning fat girls and skinny girls against each other. lol
maybe it was made by some Xbox fanboys. to make both systems look "bad."

Mr_Stoukaph said:
maybe it was made by some Xbox fanboys. to make both systems look "bad."

Rofl, I never considered that. You could be very right :lol: The only thing that makes me think otherwise though is the big "Nintendo" at the beginning of it :p Something I noticed just now after watching it again is that the fat girl really isn't that ugly, she just needs to lose weight. The blond girl, though, isn't really that pretty, she's got a long face and kind of reminds me of someone who would be on Jerry Springer...except with more teeth....

Last edited:
LOL have you ever heard of a blue ray? Well no actually not until now

I love seeing geeks get so worked up and become so: women's rights when a girl is in a convo..

Ummm, yeah I have to agree that was a poorly thought out commercial.

I mean, I've seen all those Mac commercials and they're actually witty and well done.

This commercial really didn't show that Nintendo is trying to reach to all people gamer or not, but instead portrayed Wii as a console with games that feature unintelligent, overly suggestive, scantily clad girls (which unfortunatly, most female game characters are, except for gems like the girl from Beyond Good and Evil).

I think Mr_Stoukaph may be right in saying this was made by some Xbox or PC lover who wanted to show Wii as a gimicky console and the PS3 as a feature-rich, game-poor console.

I wonder how they got both of those girls to do such a poorly written ad?

Back