PS3's collecting dust

Wii&Ps3 said:
Yeah it sure is the last of sony when they have sold more systems at launch than the 360, the ps2, and the ps1 ;) Get your facts straight.

Are you saying the Ps3 sold more then them?.. or all their systems combined..?

Wii&Ps3 said:
Yeah it sure is the last of sony when they have sold more systems at launch than the 360, the ps2, and the ps1 ;) Get your facts straight.

Damn man. So they sold more than the 360, ps2, and ps1 combined? Where the hell do you get this stuff? I mean come on, grow up and get your facts straight son. 360s were completely out of stock on its launch because every one sold same way with Wii. You still are clearly confused about the concept of supply and demand. Sony is supplying PS3 systems, but the demand just isn't there. Nintendo can't supply demand for what seems to be the best console of this generation and Microsoft is still selling more consoles left and right than Sony is for the PS3.

I love my PS2, this isn't biased information. I really love my PS2 I'm playing Final Fantasy XII right now, but the PS3 really is just collecting dust in stores. Not many really want one, whether it be because it looks as if Sony may have to pull out of the console market, its overpriced, its not as good as the 360 or whatever their reason. Bottom line is that its just not as good as the other 2 systems available. Xbox was the original Video Game Computer console. Sony's PS3 is just a generic xbox360 with a little bit more horsepower for its fewer titles. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony leave the console scene in the next 3-10 years. They might be able to recover from the PS3 though. Nintendo recovered from Virtual Boy.

I think they got to caught up on the dvd portion of their systems instead of the real reason of the gaming system. I feel a game system is what it says and nothing else if i need a dvd player i will go out and buy one, i dont need one attached to my gaming system. Thats just my opinion. This HD-DVD and Blu-Ray war has gotten to these game makers heads and i really dont understand it when they suppose to be working towards more innovative ways of gaming

acphydro said:
Damn man. So they sold more than the 360, ps2, and ps1 combined? Where the hell do you get this stuff? I mean come on, grow up and get your facts straight son. 360s were completely out of stock on its launch because every one sold same way with Wii. You still are clearly confused about the concept of supply and demand. Sony is supplying PS3 systems, but the demand just isn't there. Nintendo can't supply demand for what seems to be the best console of this generation and Microsoft is still selling more consoles left and right than Sony is for the PS3.

I love my PS2, this isn't biased information. I really love my PS2 I'm playing Final Fantasy XII right now, but the PS3 really is just collecting dust in stores. Not many really want one, whether it be because it looks as if Sony may have to pull out of the console market, its overpriced, its not as good as the 360 or whatever their reason. Bottom line is that its just not as good as the other 2 systems available. Xbox was the original Video Game Computer console. Sony's PS3 is just a generic xbox360 with a little bit more horsepower for its fewer titles. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony leave the console scene in the next 3-10 years. They might be able to recover from the PS3 though. Nintendo recovered from Virtual Boy.

Please find the word combined in my last post. Maybe reading wasnt your best subject?

I said the ps3 sold more than the ps2, 360, and the ps1 at launch. Sony sold over 1 million ps3's by the 2nd week of January with a north american and japanese launch. The 360 sold 600,000 by the 2nd week of January in a worldwide launch. I guess I should get my facts straight, because if I recall, 1million is greater than 600,000. Am I right???? So i think you should get your facts straight son :lol:

Sony ramped up production for the ps3's, thats why you can find some in stores. THis isnt launch anymore. Most people might have a hard time spending $500-$600 right after christmas. After the x-mas spending wears off, alot more ps3's will be sold. Dont forget about income tax returns and the european launch in march. PLus alot of great games are coming in March. You guys need to open your eyes and smell the coffee. Sony is doing great, and will continue to do so.

Heres a link http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/ps3-launch-outsells-xbox-360-launch-226742.php IM sure most will say its not valid since it doesnt have the the word nintendo or wii in it. Heres another link
http://www.gadgetell.com/2006/01/600000-xbox-360-units-sold-in-us/

Also sony has not shipped over 2,000,000 million ps3's to na and japan. I guess nobody is buying them since stores keep buying them :lol: You guys are right, sony has almost doubled the 360 sales without Europe and Australia but they are doomed :lol: Seriously I cant stop laughing.

Last edited:
well personally i didnt know they havent yet released worldwide yet my discussion was just based towards what i see in the stores here

Wii&Ps3 said:
Please find the word combined in my last post. Maybe reading wasnt your best subject?

I said the ps3 sold more than the ps2, 360, and the ps1 at launch. Sony sold over 1 million ps3's by the 2nd week of January with a north american and japanese launch. The 360 sold 600,000 by the 2nd week of January in a worldwide launch. I guess I should get my facts straight, because if I recall, 1million is greater than 600,000. Am I right???? So i think you should get your facts straight son :lol:

Sony ramped up production for the ps3's, thats why you can find some in stores. THis isnt launch anymore. Most people might have a hard time spending $500-$600 right after christmas. After the x-mas spending wears off, alot more ps3's will be sold. Dont forget about income tax returns and the european launch in march. PLus alot of great games are coming in March. You guys need to open your eyes and smell the coffee. Sony is doing great, and will continue to do so.

Heres a link http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/ps3-launch-outsells-xbox-360-launch-226742.php IM sure most will say its not valid since it doesnt have the the word nintendo or wii in it. Heres another link
http://www.gadgetell.com/2006/01/600000-xbox-360-units-sold-in-us/

Also sony has not shipped over 2,000,000 million ps3's to na and japan. I guess nobody is buying them since stores keep buying them :lol: You guys are right, sony has almost doubled the 360 sales without Europe and Australia but they are doomed :lol: Seriously I cant stop laughing.

Those links are valid enough, however I never once stated that the PS3 didn't outsell the xbox360 on launch. I'm simply saying that the PS3 isn't selling very well and that they are almost everywhere in the US. 95% of stores here that I have been to that sells them, has them in stock and readily available. There is little customer demand for them. Sony has failed the average consumer this time and its quite clear.

By the way you said xxx, xxx, AND xxx that implies that you were combining them, maybe saying OR instead of AND wouldn't have made people other than myself think otherwise. :eek:ut:

Yep they sure arent selling. Thats why 2 million have been shipped. I guess retailers would order them if they werent selling :confused:

Wii&Ps3 said:
Yep they sure arent selling. Thats why 2 million have been shipped. I guess retailers would order them if they werent selling :confused:

Yup, can't wait for the clearance as I do need one for Final Fantasy XIII

Wii&Ps3 said:

Of course it sold more than its predecessors, because IT'S BETTER THAN THEM! DUH! and the a lot of people think the 360 is worse than the PS3, but the wii sales in the first week are a pretty big portion of 360 sales in the entire first year. How much better it did than its predecessors doesn't help it. How much better (or worse) it does than its competitors is what matters. If you didn't realize that to start with, you're not smart enough for anything you say to me to have any impact.

Ruman said:
Of course it sold more than its predecessors, because IT'S BETTER THAN THEM! DUH! and the a lot of people think the 360 is worse than the PS3, but the wii sales in the first week are a pretty big portion of 360 sales in the entire first year. How much better it did than its predecessors doesn't help it. How much better (or worse) it does than its competitors is what matters. If you didn't realize that to start with, you're not smart enough for anything you say to me to have any impact.

Maybe you missed the 360 in my previous post?

Ruman said:

That's exactly what I was thinking a long while ago, but I decided not to mention it. Really glad you did though. I was just trying to use his arguments against him, which is what I did and quite well. But yeah I can definitely agree with that statement.

acphydro said:
That's exactly what I was thinking a long while ago, but I decided not to mention it. Really glad you did though. I was just trying to use his arguments against him, which is what I did and quite well. But yeah I can definitely agree with that statement.

Come on, I expected better from you. Read my original post. It says 360 right in there. Unless the 360 is a predecessor of the ps3?????. If you cant understand this, then im out of ideas. I mentioned the ps2 because the ps2 sold the most consoles of any other system in the entire world.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Come on, I expected better from you. Read my original post. It says 360 right in there. Unless the 360 is a predecessor of the ps3?????. If you cant understand this, then im out of ideas. I mentioned the ps2 because the ps2 sold the most consoles of any other system in the entire world.

I didn't mention the 360 at all. I'm just simply agreeing with the facts that you were indeed comparing ps3 to generations before it. I didn't touch the 360 section, perhaps I could have been more clear, but I was more eager to post about my final fantasy experiences :D

The PS2 isn't really relevant here though at all, we are mainly talking about the PS3s collecting dust per say. However I have chosen at this point to quit worrying about the topic. I really expected more from you :p:

Back