Questions from a new Wii owner!

Wulf

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
Ocala, Florida
Hi. =3 Proud owner of a Wii here. I have some questions.

1- I heared some people are having trouble with their discs after leaving them in their Wii for long periods of time. Will taking my disc out and putting it back in it's case after I'm finished playing help reduce the risk?

2- In my manual it said to not keep my batteries in my Wiimote for long incase of battery leakage.. should I even bother?

4- Do I need a memory card? Currently, I only have WiiSports and Zelda.
When should I get one?

5- Is it just me or does the Wii keep discs inside it much more clean and scratch-free than my 360 and Playstation two? =3

6- How many hours should it take me to finish Zelda: Twilight Princess? :pP

Yeah.. really only three of them are real questions. xD

1. Likely, I think so anyways.
2.Saying go by the book would make me a hypocrite
3. ....
4. SD cards and only when ya start using the Wii shop
5.Dunno I've only had a 360 for a day.
6.40 or so.

I Honestly Think The Wii Does Keep Care Of Your Disks Better Sense It Sucks The Disk In Just Like In A Car Cd Changer. Also, I Did Make The Mistake Of Putting The Disk In Wrong Lol! Also Doesn't The Wii Have A Build In Memory Card? My Memory Card Has 1717/1900 Space Left...so I Think You Should Have Plenty Of Space.

4: To Play wii games, no it stores using internal memory
downloading excessive VC Games, then prolly
Playing GameCube Games, yes a GameCube Memory Card and a GameCube Controller

6: It took me 60 hours to be completely be finished with the game including most hearts, all bugs, etc. I like to collect everything. Story line would prolly finished at 40-50 hour mark

1- I heared some people are having trouble with their discs after leaving them in their Wii for long periods of time. Will taking my disc out and putting it back in it's case after I'm finished playing help reduce the risk?

Im guessing yes

2- In my manual it said to not keep my batteries in my Wiimote for long incase of battery leakage.. should I even bother?

This has never happened to me, i dont bother

When should I get one?

You do not need an SD card yet. Keep an eye on your memory, the wii can hold a lot of vc games and game saves.

5- Is it just me or does the Wii keep discs inside it much more clean and scratch-free than my 360 and Playstation two? =3

Nope, my disks are clean, when i had my xbox 360, it always scratched the disk.

No idea, i gave up on it. The game was boring me and i do not consider it a true zelda game. Post this question under the twilight princess section =3

Wulf said:

When should I get one?

1. As I like to say, better safe than sorry, so yes, I would not leave the disc in the Wii after you stop playing.

2. I always keep my batteries in the Wii Remote and I have never experienced any problems. However, if you feel better taking them out, then go ahead and do so.

4. You won't be needing one unless you have a significant amount of games.

5. Not sure, shouldn't be doing any harm to the disc while it's in the slot though.

6. Depends...if you re used to the series, then probably about 30 or less hours. If you like to explore and/or are new to the series, then probably 50+ hours.

Wulf said:

The only cause for the discs to get damaged inside the console, to my avail, would be the heat the console generates. So, to be safe than sorry, I would take the discs out while not playing.

In every thing that uses batteries it would be better to remove them while the gadget is not in use, since the thing is always slowly discharging the batteries.
There is always the chance that a battery-leakage will ruin your WiiMote, even if its unlikely this will happen. But if this happens you can be pretty sure you'll end up buying a new one.

btw, I am currently using a rechargeable battery-pack that replaces the back-cover of the wiimote. This seems to work fine, though these batteries don't las a s long as normal alcaline-batteries. But I can always relad them after playing for a period ...

These thing are in the manuals so that one can not accuse the manufacturer not mentioning it ... ;)

Wulf said:

When should I get one?

1. I leave my discs in all the time, and there are no viable problems.
As long as you don't hit or knock your Wii over everything is fine.

2. Again, leaving the batteries in the Wiimote does nothing, nothing bad happens.

4. Wii games are saved to the Wii's internal memory, which is 512mb.
Gamecube games are saved with Gamecube memory cards.

5. My discs are relatively clean, but I think it depends on how well you take care of them etc.

6. Took me 53 hours the first go through, so you may be a little less or a little more.

heaklly said:
Having trouble with the error about not able to read disc. Any solutions?

Make sure the disc is in the right way and does not have many scratches on it. If the problem persists contact Nintendo.

Wulf said:

I take my discs out after playing every single time..

Wulf said:

It has to be a very long time for that to happen. Batteries will run out a lot before they leak and you will replace them

Wulf said:
When should I get one?

No. You have 512 MB built-in with the Wii. If you want to have more capacity (backups) you can place any compatible SD card

Wulf said:

Yes, definitively

Wulf said:
Took me 83 hours to beat and find everything, but if you just want to beat the game, it might take you around 40 hours

Wulf said:

heaklly said:
Having trouble with the error about not able to read disc. Any solutions?

The Part that is scanned has to be facing to the left when you put it in, no the right, You most likely are not putting it in right.

Back