Quick Star Wars Question

Fox

Super Mοderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
Net Slum
Wii Online Code
2625-5585-1810-7837
Does anyone know weather or not Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader) is the product of parthanogenesis? His mother said she birthed him without a father so I wonder.

parthan... parteno... whats that mean?

but as for the father bit: Aniken's father is never revealed. in fact, other then his mother claiming there was no father, aniken's "father" is never even mentioned.

i don't think i am but i could be wrong. ask Storm, he's the biggest Star Wars nut i know. my SW knowledge is like 1rst grade vs university compared to him.

parthan... parteno... whats that mean?
Parthenogenesis is a type of non-sexual reproduction, where only one being is needed to reproduce. There are many species that do this, one of the most well known is the common flatworm. Here is the wikipedia article on parthenogenesis, as well as a a page from bio-medicine.

Does anyone know weather or not Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader) is the product of parthanogenesis? His mother said she birthed him without a father so I wonder.

Anakin Skywalker's father is never really touched upon (Nor does it need too). I don't think they intended Anakin's mother to be asexual, but instead tried to relate him to being a sort of messiah, much like the Christian religion were Jesus Christ was born from no father. George Lucas constantly does this in his movies, were he gets many stories and concepts from Christianity. Just take a look at the Indiana Jones movies.

Last edited:
I figured as much. (Jeez, it took forever for somebody to reply...) Well I'll be damned.

I suppose I should answer this question eh?

@ Fox: The answer to your question is no. Anakin is/was not a poroduct of parthenogenesis.

@ Clash Man: ehh... Thats a yes and a no. Yes, Lucas' intention is for him to be some sort of messiah, but he does in fact give an explanation.

@ Everyone else: Im assuming most of you have not read the complete Star Wars series, correct? If you had, this includes all the Force unleashed novels, KOTOR sets, OR Era, NR Era, Sith era, Millenia Wars, Clone Tropoper novels, 501st and all that stuff, then you would know this answer.

Literally, Anakin has no father. However, this is explained, as I will explain it all to you. As any Star Wars fan should, im assuming you all saw the third movie yes? Ok, in it, Palpatine refers to his master, Darth Plagueis, as the Dark Lord of the Sith who influenced the midichlorians to create life. This is the only referance to Anakins father in the movie for those who werent paying exquisite attention, they would have missed it. Now, I did research into this awhile back, through reading books and excerpts all to do with Star Wars lore, and according to it, technically, Darth Plagueis is Anakin's father.

Puzzled? Allow me to explain.

the entire prophecy of the Jedi is that the Chosen One would appear and bring balance to the Force. This prophecy, they mention in all of thefirst three movies to be anakin. But, he was the prophecy, only bc that is how he was made, that is the entire reason he was born. According to my reading, (the Sith Millenia and the birth of the New Republic, all preludes to Episode 1) The Sith, while thought to be extinct, had heard of this prophecy, and in their minds, they had no intention of letting it come to pass. But, instead, the Sith devised a plan to "steal" the prophetic child. This was the plan concocted by Darth Plaguies and, his apprentice at the time, Darth Sidious.

According to Star Wars lore, Darth Plaguies chose a woman with the sufficient midichlorian count and strength to bear a child. He influenced the midichlorians, and created Anakin inside Shmi Skywalkers womb. Evidence supporting this can be found in Episode 1 where Qui Gon Ginn is discussing his finding of his believed "Chosen One" with the Jedi Council.

He says, and I quote, "I believe he is the Chosen One. He has the highest midichlorian count I have ever witnessed, more than Yoda and Master Windu combined. It is possible that he was conceived by the midichlorians."

Whats that? You need more proof? Well, in Matthew Stovers rendition of "Revenge of the Sith", Darth Sidious spells out how his plan was, from the beginning, to take the prophecy child from the Jedi and use it against them.

The events of episode 1, 2, and 3, were all pre-foreseen and planned out by Darth Plaguies and darth Sidious. the reasoning for Sidious killing his master, however, equates back to the Rule of 2 that the Sith must abide by. There can only be a Master, and an Apprentice, never more than one of the same stature. And so, Sidious used the Jedi's prophetic child to all but destroy them, and yet in the end, Anakin still ended up doing exactly what he was supposed to do. He brought balance to the force. There were no more Jedi, and no more Sith. That puts the force back into balance.

So... when you think about it in a logistic sense, the Sith brought about their own undoing. Bc if they had not made the prophetic child, the prophecy would have never come to pass. this goes with the lesson that every star Wars nut, fan, and game teaches you in every setting: The Dark Side is the way to power, and once you have the power, the only thing strong enough to defeat you is yourself.

And of course, everyone remembers Yoda's oldest quote. "Fear is the path to the Dark Side." That fits too, bc the Sith were afraid of the prophecy, so they became more attuned to the Dark side, and it destroyed them. One of the ultimate, most unbelievably hidden yet simple morals of this story: Never be afraid, and have faith in who you are.

there ya go. Hope that answers your question, and any others you might have had.

Back