Real Ferrari VS Gran Turismo HD Ferrari

Kiwi said:
Yeah, lets never speak of that game again... its just a disgrace...

LMAO! God that game is horrid!

Wii!!!!!
934804_20061118_screen027.jpg

PS3!!!!
gtii1.jpg

You guys are comparing the best of the best to the worse of the worse....

How about we compare that Gundam game to RRR?

slurba said:
You guys are comparing the best of the best to the worse of the worse....

How about we compare that Gundam game to RRR?

How about not trying to turn this into a damn fight a$$hole! Just thought it was funny. Read the topic. Does it sound like a PS3 vs Wii thread?

holy ****!!!i thought u just posted real pics of the real car i couldnt tell the difference thats real nice!

gt always rocked always will because of the giant car database and how it sqeezes the most out of consoles

^ true, i just realised that, PDs Database from Gran turismo 1 through 4, damn,Gran turismo 5 might have a car range in the thousands?!?

If so that will be the first game i buy,im a car nut.

OK, let's be serious about this.

I've driven real ferraris, porsches, lamborghinis and many other high end cars... So the game looks pretty. Trust me it won't drive like the real thing so don't kill your selves for the experience. Just finish school get a good job and buy the real thing.

My buddy on his Xbox setup a car just like my real track Porsche and asked me to drive it. He said it was supposed to be accurate, he had pedals steering wheel and everything he wanted my opinion. BullS$%#t it wasn't even close. So he tried setting me up an F360, not even close... He set me up a street porsche, nope.... Yes the PS3 is not Xbox, but I can't see them getting the real dynamics correct. Car companies spend millions to simulate real car dynamics and still have to test in the real world because the computers are wrong.

Are the images nice, yes. Photo realistic. Yep about as photo realistic as you can get. Are the games fun? to some... Is the game dynamic real world. Doubt it.

dynamics and handling would be the same to a degree, in real life theres a million of other factors you cannot simulate on a video game ( fear factor,Gs etc ), but its pretty damn close, i doubt you would drive your ferrari 300kph around the streets everyday,and for most people who cant afford one,why not try out these video game sims?

CoreyNJ said:
OK, let's be serious about this.

I've driven real ferraris, porsches, lamborghinis and many other high end cars... So the game looks pretty. Trust me it won't drive like the real thing so don't kill your selves for the experience. Just finish school get a good job and buy the real thing.
lmao! Give me a break man!!!!!!! Nobody cares what you have driven. Hey theres a nice fly simulator on the shelves. Should I pass that up to stay in school and get my flying license so I can fly the real thing? Or should I study to be a ninja so I dont have to buy Mortal Kombat? Your post was pointless and irrelevant to the topic. The topic is showing off the PS3 graphical power. That is all!

Not really... People were saying they were going to get the PS3 just because it looks good. I wanted them to know that just because it looks like the real thing don't assume it drives like the real thing...

And just so you don't think I'm full of it... This is my daily driver so I think I can comment on the driving dynamics....

Attachments

• IMGP0840.sized.jpe
    IMGP0840.sized.jpe
    71 KB · Views: 138
plus its early days, New Gran turismo titles for now and they already look this good...further down ps3s life cycle should look even better ( GT5,GT6 ). Cant wait.

EDIT:

Hey nice car, do u take it to the track often?, if so whats your best 400m time, but yeh, i doubt u would go crazy with that car like u can in a video game.

Last edited:
Thanks... But that's my daily driver. I have another porsche as a track car with the official 10 foot paint job (looks good from 10 feet because of all the stone chips and road rash). As for 400m, don't know we race on road race tracks with other cars, so I could tell you my best time, but it's like time on the "ring" varies alot depending on traffic.

Your right though, the first thing I did when my buddy put together a car in his video game system to mimic my car after I drove a couple of laps was smash it up on purpose just to view the damage. It's a lot cheaper. But as a novelty sure once and a while but I wouldn't go spend 800 bucks on a new system just to do it. Though I have friends who practiced the "ring" on video game machines so they could memorize the track's 140+turns before the did it for real, but they weren't looking for driving dynamics, just to memorize the sequence of the track.

Back