Reasons people haven't come up with for why the PS3 is a failure.

GamerCon said:
i was about to report your bad post, but i am biting the bullet on this one. i have just checked out the sales records for all the systems sold in the last week. Unfortunately rfor you, you could not have been more wrong. PS3 vs. GBA stats as follows; 8,998 - 16. yea, looks to me like the GBA is having second coming to me(sarcasm).

the loading time for the simple, SIMPLE, SIMPLE, Wii (comparatively) is substantially longer than that of the PS3 loading a massive environment with seamless integration of new areas that your character will travel too, such as Oblivion. To my recollection of actually playing the PS3, i don't remember thee actually being much if any in game loading. The Wii however, is loading up every 5 minutes (slight exaggeration).

As far as exclusives, you have not done your research, FFXIII is a PS3 exclusive, and better for it. i could list the exclusives for the PS3 but you can do the research yourself like you should have to begin with at Playstation.com .

well, when you can come up with a legit reason, then I would not mind reading your "reasons the PS3 is a failure" post, and maybe actually posting that a console is failing, not when it is excelling, but when it is actually failing. The other reasons to me are pretty off the wall (brown? because the games are brown? I bet Sony is sorry they encouraged the use of realistic dust and dirt. Please tell me you were J/K).And lastly, "Wii would like to play" is not the greatest slogan I've ever heard either, but thanks for trying Flagel, i guess.

1st point.
Ok , you may be right about the sales of ps3 vs gba there, but that is the japanese market (where wii outsells ps3 5:1) But if you look at the npd figures from the american (larger) market, you get something different altogether

March 2007
HW Sales
Nintendo DS 508K
PlayStation 2 280K
Wii 259K
Xbox 360 199K
PlayStation Portable 180K
Game Boy Advance 148K
PlayStation 3 130K

April 2007

Nintendo DS 471k
Wii 360k
PlayStation 2 194k
PlayStation Portable 183k
Xbox 360 174k
Game Boy Advance 84k
PlayStation 3 82k

So, you are wrong on that one.
Also to further push the sales point,
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/18/the-console-sales-at-their-six-month-birthday/
there is a graph of the consoles at their sixth month point, 360 being low because of supply constraints, wii selling even more than the ps2. But the ps3 being last

2nd point.
At least the wii adverts show actual gameplay, and people playing the game, rather than grenades blowing up suitcases, followed by the meaningless slogan. As well as sony hilariously blaming the internet on their failure.

3rd point.
Yes final fantasy will sell systems, it always has, however consider that more people have preordered halo 3 than own ps3s and it kind of changes things a bit, as well as considering that you can only play both halo 3 and gta4 on the 360, makes for a potential xbox xmas market.

4th point.
You actually think Ehrgeiz is a good game, what is wrong with you, I imagine you just fanboyishly drooled over the cheap addon final fantasy characters and then you were sold. It combines repititive cheap moves (lol spam buster sword = win) with awful 3d arenas , where the game might as well have not bothered. Therefore making your opinion on anything gaming invalid.
Also LOL @ the beating the dead horse, then promoting final fantasy 66.

This is the list of ps3 exclusive games I could find that are out in europe and America, coupled with their ign review score.
Formula One Championship Edition 7.2
Full Auto 2: Battlelines 7.8
Genji: Days of the Blade 5.5
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire 3.2
MotorStorm (The loading times are sometimes iffy - ign site) 9.0
Ridge Racer 7 7.9
Resistance: Fall of Man 8
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom 6.5

Wow what a killer line up, a bunch of mediocre games.
That is living.

Also calling wii games simple simple simple shows that you know nothing about how complex modern games are.
Finally lol @ oblivion for consoles, it is pretty awful without mods.

Shiftfallout said:
lol or it could be Monster + Hemmorrhoids. WHich is like major STDs. lol

Yeah, the site was just registered. I have yet to upload anything to my hosts and direct the url there.

How idiotic.
Well I could care less 'bout your site anyways so whatever...

GamerCon said:
Im rich, I just choose to live with my mom.

The Wii's not a bad console but for that price, just a little but more powerful would have been nice.

I was speaking to shiftfallout and you. Let me show you an awesome comic. I didn't make it but its funny.

Wiifun.png

I suppose a DVD player would be nice and a bit more memory, but I feel satisfied otherwise. I know this is a fanboy pic, but hurting people with a Wii remote, gotta admit thats funny.

Flagel said:
1st point.
Ok , you may be right about the sales of ps3 vs gba there, but that is the japanese market (where wii outsells ps3 5:1) But if you look at the npd figures from the american (larger) market, you get something different altogether

March 2007
HW Sales
Nintendo DS 508K
PlayStation 2 280K
Wii 259K
Xbox 360 199K
Game Boy Advance 148K
PlayStation 3 130K

April 2007

Nintendo DS 471k
Wii 360k
PlayStation 2 194k
Xbox 360 174k
Game Boy Advance 84k
PlayStation 3 82k

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/18/the-console-sales-at-their-six-month-birthday/
there is a graph of the consoles at their sixth month point, 360 being low because of supply constraints, wii selling even more than the ps2. But the ps3 being last

2nd point.
At least the wii adverts show actual gameplay, and people playing the game, rather than grenades blowing up suitcases, followed by the meaningless slogan. As well as sony hilariously blaming the internet on their failure.

3rd point.
Yes final fantasy will sell systems, it always has, however consider that more people have preordered halo 3 than own ps3s and it kind of changes things a bit, as well as considering that you can only play both halo 3 and gta4 on the 360, makes for a potential xbox xmas market.

4th point.
You actually think Ehrgeiz is a good game, what is wrong with you, I imagine you just fanboyishly drooled over the cheap addon final fantasy characters and then you were sold. It combines repititive cheap moves (lol spam buster sword = win) with awful 3d arenas , where the game might as well have not bothered. Therefore making your opinion on anything gaming invalid.

This is the list of ps3 exclusive games I could find that are out in europe and America, coupled with their ign review score.
Ridge Racer 7 7.9

That is living.

Also calling wii games simple simple simple shows that you know nothing about how complex modern games are.

Half of that is Opinion. oh crappy commercial, Oh crappy games, Oh crappy upcomnig games, and your opinion on what other people think. He never Said PS3 is outselling Wii nor Denied the Fact that Wii is outselling everything.
And Why is it bad to Say GBA is selling more in a month than PS3, do you consider that an insult? I find it idiotic you think making that comment is insulting, is GBA not a gaming system to you?

Shiftfallout also made the point towards the end that Sony isn't the PS3 market right now. I mean they are doing pretty good and hell who cares because PS2 is still Selling assloads and PSP is doing pretty good as well.

You try to bring down the console by listing those games and there scores.
Just to begin WOW thats someones elses opinion on a game it doesn't really matter, they are paid to pick games apart. And if you look at this Lineup it is Fantastic compared to alot of other Consoles. The only thing Wii really has on it is Paper mario and Zelda. and compared to the 360 Release games PS3s are great. Microsoft didn't even have many exclusives, it was Perfect dark and PGR think that they had to themselves.

Considering All launch titles of the New consoles PS3 is going quite well.
And as i said Sony isn't pushing it. They aren't going to be assholes and create a ridiculous amount of Hype if there isn't anything to do that with. They are waiting until they get a some more programs and Games going before they really start advertising it.
I think it is good, if there is something you want, then you realize it, Same thing with unwanted things. So Why would i want to be badgered about Something i either Hate or Already know i want. I think sony is just sitting back and letting the cards fall until they have a good hand to play.

More people Pre-ordered Halo 3 than own PS3. Lets analyze that statement.
Well is there any point in saying that? No. That is obvious and useless to exclaim because.
You need a 360 to play Halo 3
360 has sold about 10 mil while PS3 is at 3 right now.
So OBVIOUSLY more people will order the game that is a Simple mathematical equation.
That is why microsoft is retarded. People Get so hyped up because microsoft Advertises So godamn much. Most people Bought 360 for 1 Reason and it is Halo 3. isnt that ridiculous guys? 460$ for one game?

Personally i like that Sony doesn't Advertise up your ass everything they do. Nintendo does a little more than sony but Microsoft is pissing me off. I cant get away from there ignorant hype.
the PS3 is doing good and like i have said A simple mathematical equation.
At 2 years 360 is 10 million
At 6 months PS3 was 3 and Wii was 7 million, so thats 1/4 right?
So theoritically in the Same time ( if the systems had all been out for 2 years)
Multiply by 4...
Wii would sit around a nice 28-35 Million
360 would still be 10 million of course
And PS3 would be 10-15 million

Considering this the PS3 isn't doing so bad and since nothing special is out YET. I expect there will be a PS3 spike sometime within the next 2 years.

Everybody shutup about Blu-ray the arguement have gone through the thread almost 5 times. Read the other posts the anti-Blu-Ray argument is done and invalid

Flagel said:
1st point.

March 2007
HW Sales
Nintendo DS 508K
PlayStation 2 280K
Wii 259K
Xbox 360 199K
Game Boy Advance 148K
PlayStation 3 130K

April 2007

Nintendo DS 471k
Wii 360k
PlayStation 2 194k
Xbox 360 174k
Game Boy Advance 84k
PlayStation 3 82k

well these
istockphoto421750redandko4.jpg
are out selling GBA's 100:1. So what does that say about the GBA?

My point is, the gba cannot be compared to the PS3. Doing so just means you are really reaching for an excuse. The bga is a cheap portable hand held device, much like those vibrators, the PS3 is not. The PS3 is about 2000 times more powerful and thus costs more. The childrens market is huge. Parents are more willing to drop a few bucks on something to shut up their kids in the back of the car, than spend money on something like the PS3 that is not portable and not for kids.

2nd point.

That commercial was for a magazine genius. Go on youtube and you will find your commercials with game play. Sony's marketing campaign hasnt really even started yet. Unlike Microsoft and Nintey, they havent really tried. It appears they are waiting till some of their big projects wrap up. Which is smart. Why advertise a product when the big games and projects are still in developement.

Nice try.

3rd point.
The FPS market is bigger than the RPG market outside of japan. Studies show the casual gamer prefers quick pick up and play games that involve a lot of action. The FF series takes patience.

Then you have to consider that very little is known about the next FF game, where as a bit has been around for Halo. It really doesnt say much. Microsoft will push halo3 hard because it means they get extra money for all those online players.

Your 3rd points is pointless.

4th point.

The idea isnt bad, its no different than what nintendo tried to do with super smash bros. But i have to agree, it wasnt really a well polished game.

Ridge Racer 7 7.9

No different than the Wii's lineup. A nice look on gamespot.com shows that half the games they are advertising are old VC games. No one said that the launch titles were strong, they usually are not. Good games take years to develope. Exclusives arnt everything, take for example.. The Darkness is coming out on the PS3 and the 360. ONly the PS3 can have more content than the 360 version, and it does. Sony doesnt feel it needs to pay up the ass for those exclusives when they feel the free internet, bigger storage medium and online bonuses are incentive enough to get a multiplatform game on the ps3.

Go ahead and look at the upcoming games coming out this year and you will have your answer. Theres a strong lineup of exclusive and desirable games just around the corner.

Nice try.

Actually the games developed on the Wii are very simple. Theres only so much you can do with the 700mhz system. Its quite easy for ninty to pump out games like wii sports, paper mario, wario ware. Dont expect too much out of the wii and you will be happy.

Just how it is.

Flagel said:
1st point.

March 2007
HW Sales
Nintendo DS 508K
PlayStation 2 280K
Wii 259K
Xbox 360 199K
Game Boy Advance 148K
PlayStation 3 130K

April 2007

Nintendo DS 471k
Wii 360k
PlayStation 2 194k
Xbox 360 174k
Game Boy Advance 84k
PlayStation 3 82k

2nd point.

3rd point.

4th point.

Ridge Racer 7 7.9

That is living.

Err, Gta4 is coming to the Ps3 also, that will sell some Ps3 consoles, ohh and can you find anything to show the Europian Market because you will see the Ps3 is selling really well over here.

Ya i saw the Title of an atricel on 1up or IGN or something the other day, something about PS3 sales hitting a record in Europe. Don't know what for. PS3 is doing well in JP as well, compared to 360 anyway which hasnt hit half a mill yet.
But compared to Wii...Wii owns 75% of the market in Japan

---Brian--- said:
Err, Gta4 is coming to the Ps3 also, that will sell some Ps3 consoles, ohh and can you find anything to show the Europian Market because you will see the Ps3 is selling really well over here.

Well done, I see why they call you Brain. Except :

Flagel said:
considering that you can only play both halo 3 and gta4 on the 360

Also you can also find articles to show that the ps3 slumped in about 80% sales in europe, as at launch there was enough to fill the majority of demand and then no one wanted to buy one anymore.

Also, yeah it is an insult as 6 year old handheld, who has had 3 other superior handhelds released after it (ds,ds lite, psp) is still outselling a brand new console.
Shift how can a tv advert be for a magazine? Furthermore, saying halo3 and gta4 are pointless, just shows blatant ignorance.

To anyone who said sales don't matter, just consider that gaming is a business, and the whole reason many games go multiplatform is to make more money. The fewer sales a console gets, the less exclusive developers they will get, because at a certain point it becomes impossible to make a profit unless people buy multiple copies of the same game. As well as there already being articles about developers jumping ship from the ps3.

Lets list some facts you guys need to accept.

Wii is selling fastest.
360 has sold the most.
ps3 is the most expensive initial purchase.
Console sales do matter.
Halo3 is coming.

Ultimately however, its funny because I really don't care :) PC FTW.
Enjoy writing essays I won't read.

As a last comment, can you please keep pictures of your personal items out of the thread Shift, as younger members may be offended.

Flagel said:
Well done, I see why they call you Brain. Except :

Also you can also find articles to show that the ps3 slumped in about 80% sales in europe, as at launch there was enough to fill the majority of demand and then no one wanted to buy one anymore.

Also, yeah it is an insult as 6 year old handheld, who has had 3 other superior handhelds released after it (ds,ds lite, psp) is still outselling a brand new console.
Shift how can a tv advert be for a magazine? Furthermore, saying halo3 and gta4 are pointless, just shows blatant ignorance.

To anyone who said sales don't matter, just consider that gaming is a business, and the whole reason many games go multiplatform is to make more money. The fewer sales a console gets, the less exclusive developers they will get, because at a certain point it becomes impossible to make a profit unless people buy multiple copies of the same game. As well as there already being articles about developers jumping ship from the ps3.

Lets list some facts you guys need to accept.

Wii is selling fastest.
360 has sold the most.
ps3 is the most expensive initial purchase.
Console sales do matter.
Halo3 is coming.

Ultimately however, its funny because I really don't care :) PC FTW.
Enjoy writing essays I won't read.

As a last comment, can you please keep pictures of your personal items out of the thread Shift, as younger members may be offended.

How can you be offened by a piece of plasitc? And if they were immature enough that it would be offensive then They probably wouldnt know what that is.

" Halo3 is coming"

If anybody scans your post and sees that then they would realize there is no point in actually reading it.Obvious fanboyism right there.

So its 2009? i didnt know that. Before you try to argue with someone get the facts. I didn't even need to look this up i just Remeber. The GBA SP was released in 2003 NOT 2001 and if i remember correctly it was February making it 4 years. Also you obviously don't understand the difference in the handheld market. thats like Comapring sales of a Military boot to sales of Sandals. Its just a different market. One is a small compact Inexpensive machine that can be thrown around. the other Pricey powerful and not meant to be roughed up ( except the oldies you can through anything with a cart around all day).

For one, Flagel, Ill make this short cause having to look up words in a dictionary would get pretty anoying. Second, Tobal 2 on arcade had much better controls. Third, Final Fantasy characters didnt sell it for me, I dont play the arcade mode much cause the Rpg game was a lot more fun.

Wii is selling the fastest, when have i heard a nintendo console was selling fastest but then got really slow then just stopped making games for it oh i know GC.
PS2 is actually selling the most
Ps3 is the most initial purchase, the only other thing you can choose to get is controllers and an HDMI cable.
Console sales do matter, PS2 ftw
Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming.

Isnt it sad Nintendo was almost put out of business by the 7 year old PS2 that people were bashing constantly during its first year?

GamerCon said:
For one, Flagel, Ill make this short cause having to look up words in a dictionary would get pretty anoying. Second, Tobal 2 on arcade had much better controls. Third, Final Fantasy characters didnt sell it for me, I dont play the arcade mode much cause the Rpg game was a lot more fun.

Wii is selling the fastest, when have i heard a nintendo console was selling fastest but then got really slow then just stopped making games for it oh i know GC.
PS2 is actually selling the most
Ps3 is the most initial purchase, the only other thing you can choose to get is controllers and an HDMI cable.
Console sales do matter, PS2 ftw
Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming.

Isnt it sad Nintendo was almost put out of business by the 7 year old PS2 that people were bashing constantly during its first year?

Hey uhhh... Where were you the past Decade????
Gamecube sales didn't really go that crazy then die down they have just never been that great. Stop making Games for GC??? what are you talking about... Twilight princess just came out. Resident 4 was a great game when it came out.. maybe they aren't in production anymore but who cares, its not like it ended within a year of the consoles life like you exaggerated.

People didn't bash PS2 its first year people loved it, And it killed my Godamn Dreamcast!!! And What the hell are you talknig about. You just said Nintendo was almost put out of business. Then you said you were talking about the Wii.
THEN you said it was because of the PS2? How big of an idiot are you? do you not live on Earth??? Nintendo has NEVER been on the verge of Closing down. And the PS2 is doing great but the PS2 hasnt caused Wii sales to drop. The Wii is selling phenomenally and Nintendo is doing great. Im not attacking your PS2 im just Saying just about everything you just Mentioned is wrong.

fatalorgasm92 said:
Hey uhhh... Where were you the past Decade????
Gamecube sales didn't really go that crazy then die down they have just never been that great. Stop making Games for GC??? what are you talking about... Twilight princess just came out. Resident 4 was a great game when it came out.. maybe they aren't in production anymore but who cares, its not like it ended within a year of the consoles life like you exaggerated.

People didn't bash PS2 its first year people loved it, And it killed my Godamn Dreamcast!!! And What the hell are you talknig about. You just said Nintendo was almost put out of business. Then you said you were talking about the Wii.
THEN you said it was because of the PS2? How big of an idiot are you? do you not live on Earth??? Nintendo has NEVER been on the verge of Closing down. And the PS2 is doing great but the PS2 hasnt caused Wii sales to drop. The Wii is selling phenomenally and Nintendo is doing great. Im not attacking your PS2 im just Saying just about everything you just Mentioned is wrong.

Errr, GamerCon is actually right, Nintendo where on the brink of leaving the gaming industry do to the failure of the Game Cube which Nintendo invested nearly everything in. The Wii was there last attempt at saving themselves, and they've been fortunate enough. The Wii is not as high tech as is competitors becaue Nintendo were not willing to invest hugely in it, its cheap so they would defiantly make a profit on it if it sold bad or good, this is why it doesnt have any of the HD graphics. I personally think the Wii is more of a experiment for Nintendo, they where seeing just how well the Motion Controller would do, i expect nintendo's next console to have Motion Controls but have all the Hd graphics th 360 and Ps3 has. Mind you, there may be even newer technology out by then that Sony and Microsoft could be using, leaving Nintendo forever trailing the pack in the power department. The Wii is basically Nintendo's get out of jail free card.:yesnod:

He didn't Say Gamecube almost put them out of business and theyused the Wii to regain market share. He said it is sad a 7 year old console almost put Nintendo out of business, in other words the PS2 almost caused Nintendo to go out of business because it was competing against the Wii,This is wrong of course... there were multiple other points he made that i corrected besides that one.
Your point would be valid but he was talking about the wii not the GC

Oh uh btw Flagel his username is brIan not brAin. idk maybe people call you brain on threads but from my point of view he didn't notice that.

Last edited:
The reason I think it sucks it's because they don't give it their all for games, but they waste it for things like dvd player, music player, bluray and all this useless shite, and also because the experience when playing a game is just like watching a move or something similar. You feel like the audience, and not the actor.

Axtlar said:
The reason I think it sucks it's because they don't give it their all for games, but they waste it for things like dvd player, music player, bluray and all this useless shite, and also because the experience when playing a game is just like watching a move or something similar. You feel like the audience, and not the actor.

Part of the Goal in the PS3 and who it is marketed too are people looking for an All in one media player.

It reads differnet types of Cards. Its plays all DVD and blu-ray. It plays game from 3 different consoles. It has picture music, internet etc. So for alot of people this is a great thing to have in there living room. As shiftfallout said it is open to all sorts of modding and Linux can be added. Im not going to go into further detail but THEY don;t give it there all for games?
Many many Games are yet to come, the console hasnt even been out a year yet geez be patient. and THEY dont make the games DEVs do. So if you want to point that out they say.. Konami doesnt put effort into there games etc etc (using an EXAMPLe i think konami does a great job :)

How do you mean You feel like an audience and not an actor, that is impossible because YOU are playing the game... the only time this takes place is in games like Xenosaga where half the Game is cut-scenes.

Back