Rechargable Batteries

DarkDepths

WiiChat Member
May 23, 2006
Wii Online Code
7061-0622-1076-8579
Hello all. I have a set of rechargable AA batteries (NiMH) and I thought Id use em in my wiimote. However, looking through the operation book, it says that I should only use alkaline batteries and not any other kind, yes NiMH is listed as one of the ones that should not be used.

I was wondering if anyone has tried it or has any idea why I shouldnt put them in there. Im a little leary on it at the moment because I dont wanna mess up my only wiimote or my 40 dollar batteries!

Any help would be appreciated.

Why'd you buy 40 dollar batteries? Should have just got a Wii-Charger for the same amount... But as for your issue you've got I wouldnt have a clue but since the book does say NOT to use them I wouldnt use them...

I dunno, I posted a thread about this before and was informed of previous threads, like you will some time soon, but they were saying theyve been rockin NiMHs and so far no prob, just be sure they are newer. I just picked up 12 for like $30, i have no idea what batteries your getting for $40, but yeah, I just played a bit today with em and so far no probs, and you gota figure out why nintendo notes you not to use not just NiHM but you cant use ANY rechargable batteries, so I dont know why 3rd parties would make rech. batteries.

Allright, they are brand new batteries, or very close too it. And also, about them being 40 dollars. I also got a new charger with them, and thats in canadian currency, so American it'd only be about 30 dollars I guess.

Thanks for the help though. I think Ill try it and see what happens.

DarkDepths said:
Allright, they are brand new batteries, or very close too it. And also, about them being 40 dollars. I also got a new charger with them, and thats in canadian currency, so American it'd only be about 30 dollars I guess.

Thanks for the help though. I think Ill try it and see what happens.
how many batteries? cuz I was just shoppin today and came across a durecell 4 pack with charger for $14

Ok all electronics say that.... i mean look at anything that uses batteries they all say to only use Alkaline.... you know why? So the battery companies can make money... it won't hurt your Wii.... hell it won't hurt anything you put them in... its the same volt and power rating cept a diff acid in them that recharges however... DO NOT LEAVE THEM IN WEEKS AT A TIME UNUSED...!!! Or you will have a problem with a possibility of them leaking... hope this helps!

Ya, I knew it was coming. Why do people have such a problem with repeated questions? Really, I have no beef answering the same thing a dozen times, each time my answer just gets better.

That's what I thought too, Nintendo is probably just trying to sponsor Panasonic or something.

MorningStar said:
DO NOT LEAVE THEM IN WEEKS AT A TIME UNUSED...!!! Or you will have a problem with a possibility of them leaking... hope this helps!
its not that big of a problem either, cuz once you turn the system on you can choose whichever controller ya havent used in a while and itll be 1st right off the getgo

well trues but if u are to leave it in there unused for say 2 weeks or more it can leak or cause issues so during those times remember to remove them.....

MorningStar said:
well trues but if u are to leave it in there unused for say 2 weeks or more it can leak or cause issues so during those times remember to remove them.....
i think leaving a wii alone that long is almost impossible....:smilewinkgrin:

Icetrash said:
Why'd you buy 40 dollar batteries? Should have just got a Wii-Charger for the same amount... But as for your issue you've got I wouldnt have a clue but since the book does say NOT to use them I wouldnt use them...
Because Wii chargers don't exist. It was just a myth.

Back