Religious gh3 issue

Ronald

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
Well heres my little take on this and i hope instead of being a dick to me about this you can respect my religioius views and express an honest opinion without flaming.

K, i love guitar hero, im addicted to it and i couldn't wait for it to come out for the wii. But now they decided they are gonna come out with that song "mark of the beast" and i dont wanna "accept" that song because if anybody has ever read the bible it talks a lot about accepting the mark. I am a very rational christian and i know i wouldn't truly be accepting the mark but i feel bad like im doin something wrong by playing a song about accepting a mark which is considered in the song "a number for you and me" so now i dont know if i should buy it, any christians/ Non christians have any take on this to help me feel better?

Im christian dude religous and all and dont worry about it god forgives. And im sure he wont get mad at you for playing that song lol =) And if you still are annoyed of it do the song and repent it at church.

Well, sinning and forgiving is an age old thing...if you think you can just sin and always be forgiven, then what is the point of being religious? You can always get the game and not play that particular song.

It's just a story guy, you've got nothing to worry about. They aren't telling you to worship Satan or anything like that.

I think you're looking too much into it brother. Buy the game when it comes out and enjoy it! Ask for forgiveness if you still feel uncomfortable.

I am not religious btw
And if I were you I'd be more worried about Raining Blood :)

WiiBad said:
Well, sinning and forgiving is an age old thing...if you think you can just sin and always be forgiven, then what is the point of being religious? You can always get the game and not play that particular song.

weellll..
you really cant sin and be forgiven like that.
you cant just ask for forgivness and be forgiven that easily.
God wont forgive you unless you are sorry with all your heart

:krunksta: said:
weellll..
you really cant sin and be forgiven like that.
you cant just ask for forgivness and be forgiven that easily.
Um, yes you can.
Have you never been around a christian before?

Don't let religion controll your life dude, can't play a damn game because of a song against the bible? Pfft:crazy:

StevenNevets said:
Well your different than 9/10 christians I know.

im catholic :p

o yea and catholics believe that u have to be sorry wit all ur heart to have ur sins forgiven unlike protestants and others who sin and ask for forgivness and then commit the same sin again

Last edited:
There is a difference from playing along with a song to fuly believing in it.

Take for example, most of pop music. Some of that stuff has really catchy and good melody/rhythm etc... However most people don't really follow the lyrics all that closely, because the band generally either has something nasty to say (Like Pussycatdolls or some of Avril Lavigne's tracks), or they don't really have much to say at all (Like most Boybands).

In the end, playing along with a track may seem like you have the same ideas as the musicians do, but sometimes people just play along for the catchy tune. Like with catchy adverts (commercials) on TV, most of them are designed catchy and so people will like it, but it doesn't mean that you'll be pulled in from the advert, just means you have the tune stuck in your head.

I know its up to you in the end, and if there is a way to turn specific tracks off on the game, you could always do that, but even if there isn't, I'd say it's not worth disregarding the game for a single track - It'd be the equivolent to not buying Twilight Princess because you don't like the wolf bits. I'd say grin and bear it, personally.

Hey man, I play lead guitar for a Christian band, and I have to say "just dont play that song." If the game forces you to play that song before you can unlock more, then just get a friend to do it or find a friend who has already unlocked to that point and use their save data. I wouldn't play the song either.

i undstand how you feel, i feel the same way when playing god of war. which is why im reluctant to buy the 1st one and 2nd game.

as far as that mark of the beast stuff, im not feelin that, i wouldnt even wanna be associated with it, and maybe its best not to. remember the things that go in a man defilithe him

:krunksta: said:
im catholic :p

o yea and catholics believe that u have to be sorry wit all ur heart to have ur sins forgiven unlike protestants and others who sin and ask for forgivness and then commit the same sin again

Dont think thats accurate my friend. Im a protestant and I dont believe that you sin ask forgiveness, do it agian ask forgiveness again again and again. You get my point. I believe were human and make mistakes and God forgives, but your definitely not doing the right thing by thinking "man Im going do this b/c I know God will forgive me later" that belief is not good.

About the game, noone can tell you what is right or wrong. Each person has things they stay away from. If God is convicting you over the game (you feel bad about getting it) then dont get it. If you continue to overlook those feelings, you will find yourself not living a christian life.

The song isn't endorsing worshiping the devil nor is it trying to get you to accept the number of the beast. The song came from a nightmare bassist Steve Harris had after watching the Omen 2. The song is about a guy who stumbles onto satanic worshiping. He decides to report it but eventually gets drawn into it.

The artwork for the album itself was more of a joke than anything. It certainly isn't endorsing devil worshiping. The front cover shows the band mascot Eddie holding the devil like a puppet. The "run to the hills" single cover shows Eddie fighting the devil. The "number of the beast" single cover shows Eddie holding the devil's severed head. That's hardly telling everyone to worship Satan.

I'm a Christian but I love that band and album. There's nothing wrong with the song, band, or album. Some people are too sensitive and make a judgement on something before they really look into it.

It's funny to me that you are worried about a song by Iron Maiden but aren't worried about playing a song by Slayer who have much more Satanic and anti-Christian imagery going on.

( Not religious ) but :

Dont play the song if you got a problem with it.

Also: Dont let religion control youre life? Whats the point of religion than?

Back