Reset my switch

scanswild

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hey Dudes, got a question here. I faced difficulties in my Nintendo like screen freezes. I'm planning to factory reset my switch, but I don't want to lose all of my data. What do you think? And what are the other Nintendo difficulties you are encountering?

eloisetringers

WiiChat Member
Mar 25, 2020
My friend encountered the same problem and he did reset it. I am not sure how did he save the data from that Nintendo.

When your screen freezes, does it prompt a message before that or it freezes instantly?

OP
S

scanswild

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2017
My friend encountered the same problem and he did reset it. I am not sure how did he save the data from that Nintendo.

When your screen freezes, does it prompt a message before that or it freezes instantly?

Thanks for the response. No message prior to the screen freeze. And I have asked for help from my friend whose brother is battling game addiction.

I am going to ask you too if you have tried talking to a counselor or therapist? Was the experience good and worth it? We are helping his brother overcome such a mental situation as early as possible. And he is willing to meet a counselor/therapist.

Twten

WiiChat Member
Feb 14, 2021
Idaho
Thanks for the response. No message prior to the screen freeze. And I have asked for help from my friend whose brother is battling game addiction.

I am going to ask you too if you have tried talking to a counselor or therapist? Was the experience good and worth it? We are helping his brother overcome such a mental situation as early as possible. And he is willing to meet a counselor/therapist.
there is a way to save and load your game data after a factory reset. you have to have a nintendo online membership and back up all of your games when you press the + button on each game, then click backup. i am sorry about your friends brother! i really need therapy but im afraid to tell my parents as they would ask why and theyre partly the reason i need mental therapy so im stuck : (