Ridley in Brawl.

AtomicB said:
I can't imagine Ridley looking THAT awkward. What? Does that make me an idiot? It's my personal preference.

I understand how you could see it looking awkward, but it doesn't seem out of ordinary to me.

Which is strange, because Olimar did look weird to me. Personal opinion, though. I was one of the people who played Pikmin with the camera all the way out.

no why would that make you an idiot, i said if someone deny's he won't be awkward at all in the slightest bit, you just read what you want to...(i noticed you've done this in several threads)

he would be a big but medium weighted character, that's awkward right there

the general rule of smash bros, the bigger the character is, the heavier they are

ridley would be an exception

Good discussion in the Ridley thread? This can't be...

If I had to choose, I'd probably say that Ridley WILL be in Brawl. Its just that:
1. Metroid is a big series
2. Most other big series' had an antagonist in MELEE, let alone Brawl.
3. There aren't many other characters to choose from in Metroid.

Ridley may not fit the card very well, but he fits the card just about as well as any other Metroid character does, ya know?

ssbb_lover said:
I see. Thanks. I respect your opinion, and I see exactly what you're saying. Obviously, I just have a different one. :)

Lord, you're so much more understandable then Shoko. -.-'
I've basically said the same thing he has. I've said he would seem awkward to me. and I've also said that he'd be better fit as a boss.

@Atomic: I'm glad you understand.

And I just wanna apologize to you guys for all that drama the last couple of days......it was completely pointless. We all have our opinions and we need to respect them.

Well, they could include Dark Samus as a Metroid rep but if my memory serves correctly isn't the Prime series mildly unpopular in Japan?

By someone being understandable, another person can have the exact points, but still simply be more pugnacious.

But, yeah, I agree. Everyone has their opinions, and that's what this whole Ridley thing is about, so you have to respect them. Even if they are your opponent's.

*EDIT*

LMX, I've heard that as well, however I've never actually read anything (as far as articles go) about it.

Well, they don't really enjoy FPS games do they? And the way the Prime trilogy works is an Adventure game in a FPS style. And plus I remember hearing they aren't the biggest fans.

I actually feel inclined to research this now.

LemonManX said:
Well, they don't really enjoy FPS games do they? And the way the Prime trilogy works is an Adventure game in a FPS style. And plus I remember hearing they aren't the biggest fans.

I actually feel inclined to research this now.
Yea, that's true. That's why the 360 isn't doing so well out there- because it's mainly shooters.

Yes, you are all correct. The words 'Japanese' and 'Classic Ninty Fanboy' are synonyms. Having said that, they adore Mario, Zelda and the like, but aren't fans of FPS' or Racer's. Metroid and F-Zero are both hurting because so.

Japan < Rest of world. No? Metroid and F-zero, you could say, are for those "Wii60"ers and "PSWii"ers. The rest of Ninty's titles (Mario, Zelda, etc.) are simply loved around the world, as well as Japan. Metroid isn't doing so bad, but F-zero is definitely hurting from the lack of Japan support.

Last edited:
You completely ignored the part where I said 'It's my opinion'.
=.='`
It is my opinion that Ridley would not look awkward at all.

Anyways, shooters are not so hot in Japan. I wonder if Sakurai has even played Prime 3...

Yeah I thought as much. And its a real same as the Prime games are incredible. I was actually shocked when I saw a stage in Brawl from Metroid Prime 1 lol. Even if it was lame.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Yes, you are all correct. The words 'Japanese' and 'Classic Ninty Fanboy' are synonyms. Having said that, they adore Mario, Zelda and the like, but aren't fans of FPS' or Racer's. Metroid and F-Zero are both hurting because so.

I disagree. Aren't they only critical of the Prime series?

Back