Rock Band Mics Not Wii Ready?

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
When a standalone Rock Band microphone peripheral started showing up on store shelves, it was an exciting time. The thing promised support for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii, seemingly confirming a Wii version was definitely in the works. The good news is that Electronic Arts execs finally confirmed that such a product existed. The bad? The microphone may not actually perform as expected on Nintendo's platform.

Reps from Rock Band peripheral manufacturer PDP told us "Our packaging mistakenly states that that the microphone is compatible with the Wii. Unfortunately, this is not the case and will be corrected in future versions of the packaging." They apologized profusely for the confusion. Hope you didn't horde a few dozen of USB microphones based on the packaging mistake—and hopes that the Polyphonic Spree would appear as future DLC.

Damn, this sucks for all those Rock Band fans, including myself.
http://kotaku.com/351878/those-rock-band-mics-theyre-not-wii-ready

It seems to me from the quote that what they basically said was "The box says these microphones are compatible for wii, but the wii doesn't have the actual game yet." So it's not that the mics wont work on the wii, it's just that the wii doesnt have a game to go with the mics.

If that makes any sense.

Jimmer1720: i see what your saying, but maybe they are not compatible with the wii at all, maybe once the game comes out, nintendo will release an update to allow that mic to work on the wii kinda how some poeple had to update thier wii's for guitar hero to work properly for one reason or another. or maybe they didnt know that rockband was comming to wii at all and they might make a wii only mic. who knows. all i know is that i cant figgin wait!!!!:crazy:

Back