Routers

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to the internet with my Wii. We have an American Wii and live in New Zealand. I have attempted to contact to the wireless but keep coming up with

Error Code 52230. Unable to connect to server.

Any ideas? Thanks. Wayne

hmmm... maybe your to far away form the wireless connection or you have to make a another connect to online in the wii systems.

Using Netgear WNR2000 and having trouble with connection with the nintendo-devices (Wii and DSI's). After several hours the connection is lost and the only solution is rebooting the router. Other devices (wireless connected laptop) stay connected.

problems getting internet connection

i have a dlink dir 655 router cant get internet connection with it. i keep getting error code 52130 message. i changed settings on the router and on the wii it keeps asking for wep security key and i dont know what it is. ive heard that dlink routers have alot of problems. i also have an xbox 360 that cant get internet connection with the router. its very frustrating. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Just pointing out that I use something called a Slinglink and a LAN adapter to get a wired internet connection for my WII Im buying today. Do I google search on it, its a very useful and quick way to get internet in your house for anything. You plug one Slinglink into your internet modem and power socket socket and the other Slinglink directly into any power socket in the house and the device you are connecting to and you can get internet anywhere within your house thats connected. The only reason I dont have wireless is because we are having alot of issues with it so its good for people like me or for ppl who dont have a wireless modem or are frustrated with trying routers.

Last edited:
Netgear Wireless N 150 Router model WNR1000v2-VC

Even after putting the wii on DMZ and disabling the SPI firewall and making the NAT filtering open, I'm still getting disconnects while playing MKWii. Very upset about it because my other router (Belkin) kept crapping out and I switched to this one. Now I'm having even more problems. Any suggestions? PM me PLEASE!!!

Last edited:
WNR2000 disconnects often

Even after putting the wii on DMZ and disabling the SPI firewall and making the NAT filtering open, I'm still getting disconnects while playing MKWii. Very upset about it because my other router (Belkin) kept crapping out and I switched to this one. Now I'm having even more problems. Any suggestions? PM me PLEASE!!!

Caderyn,

As is have said before: using static IP-adresses for my Wii and DSI's solved my problem. You did not mention in your comment that you have tryed it?

Let me know!

gr. Beekprik

Caderyn,

As is have said before: using static IP-adresses for my Wii and DSI's solved my problem. You did not mention in your comment that you have tryed it?

Let me know!

gr. Beekprik

Well you're using the 1000. I'm using the 1000v2-VC. I know it doesn't sound like much of a difference, but you never know. I'll PM you so we can keep this tread on topic.

Back