Sandy Hook Shooting; Video games to blame???

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
This goes for gaming in general.. I would like to know what you all think of this, again the media blames video games

[video=youtube;37XEyIhAFTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XEyIhAFTo[/video]

Last edited:
Games, like most media, may have some influences in behavior. However, it wasn't a key influence, or these events would be more common. Didn't watch video since phone is racist against youtube.

Media can certainly be a channel for a crazy t' act on, but 'till big brother makes everythin' not E-rated illegal and guns magically disappear into thin air, massacres 'n such will keep on goin'. Look at the problem itself to resolve the issue, not the catalyst; there'l always be another catalyst to take it's place, after all.

Henry Thoreau said:
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

As we all know the first killing happened when someone played tennis for two.
Millions of people play games each day, one person plays them then goes out on a killing spree, YES THESE GAMES ARE BAD FOR YOU!!

yep, i agree. One person acting out of what was probly a 'mental snap', has nothing to do with video games.
Anyway, that is what the age restrictions are there for right? :/

In today's edition The Daily Express again mentions video games. “The killer's uncle Jonathan Lanza said his nephew had been taking an anti-psychotic drug,” it says. “He was also reportedly fixated with violent video games.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ors-in-coverage-of-sandy-hook-school-massacre

psycho confirmed
dont blame the game blame the person

Also
“Chillingly, his favourite video game was said to be a shockingly violent fantasy war game called Dynasty Warriors which is thought to have given him inspiration to act on his darkest thoughts," the paper said in a report published yesterday.

Its not that violent, if they played it they would know

Dynasty Warriors' tirelessly repetitive gameplay is just one big massacre. But aye, it really ain't all-that graphically violent though. It sure as **** ain't no Ninja Gaiden. :lol:

DDDW
(Dont Diss Dynasty Warriors)

Seriously they are fun gmes

As someone who had a horrid childhood growing up and wanted very badly to shoot up my school and was very close to doing so, let me be the first to say, VIDEO GAMES HELPED EASE THE PAIN. When I was angry at the world and wanted revenge, I'd sit down and get lost in a game. The violent ones let me release my anger in a safe environment. These fvcking morons who have never played a game need to shut the fvck up. It seriously angers me that everyone has to blame something and not the person. THE PEOPLE WHO SHOOT UP PLACES ARE THE ONES TO BLAME. NOT GUNS. NOT VIDEO GAMES. NOT MUSIC, MOVIES, OR TV. THE FVCKING PERSON WHO DID IT IS TO BLAME! They are the one who decided to do it. No one else decided for them. **** like this is why I legitimatly hate people

External factors (like video games) are responsible for shaping an individuals behavior towards a variety of things.

Not enough t' cause bloody genocide on it's own, obviously... well, to anyone with common sense lawl. Indeed, facts are misconstrued just like this either by preachers corrupting knowledge deliberately for an improper purpose (for example, politicians with an agenda against gaming using stories exactly like this as propaganda), or the raw facts bein' outright misunderstood by the derptastic masses of humankind. 'Till people stop bein' stupid and uninformed; that'l certainly never happen; issues like these ain't gonna be prevented due to cause and effect.

Everyone is always too focused on the channel or tools the crime was done through, not the reason why the crime came to be. In this case, the issue is the mental case behind the massacre. Everyone's gonna moan over gun laws and video game violence 'till this crime is forgotten and as a result, very little t' no progress will be made towards tackling the source of such problems.

Civilization is a beautiful thing.

Insults every Wii U games, praises Dynasty Warrior.

... r u kitten me
Its out on other consoles
But it to has been surpassed by Warriors Orochi
External factors (like video games) are responsible for shaping an individuals behavior towards a variety of things.

Also he was a nut job anyway.

I been playing games for around 30 years and have yet to do a known massacre.

Its out on other consoles
But it to has been surpassed by Warriors Orochi

Also he was a nut job anyway.

I been playing games for around 30 years and have yet to do a known massacre.

Key word there. KNOWN. Something tells me there is more to Prinny than meets the eye.

was gonna make that joke but t'was 2 easy lol

But 'ey, I'm with ya Bloke. I myself commit massacres all the time. In video games.

... Also an unintentional masturbation joke.

Back