Screw Sony!

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
my ps3's blu-ray drive broke today and those criminals want 150 plus shipping and tax to fix the damn problem. i'd just buy a new ps3 and get a freakin warrenty before i pay that much for a repair.

it really pisses me off cause a lot of people have this problem lately and it's dominant in the 40gb models. my drive hasnt even seen that much use, i usually play downloaded games and movies on it and game on my 360. FML

Last edited:
my ps3's blu-ray drive broke today and those criminals want 150 plus shipping and tax to fix the damn problem. i'd just buy a new ps3 and get a freakin warrenty for that much.

... You're going to get a brand new PS3 for under $200?

I feel your pain though, It's pretty ridiculous since Microsoft & Nintendo will repair broken consoles for free.

I was looking to get a used 80GB BC PS3 in a few weeks from eBay, but I'm still unsure.

my ps3's blu-ray drive broke today and those criminals want 150 plus shipping and tax to fix the damn problem. i'd just buy a new ps3 and get a freakin warrenty for that much.

it really pisses me off cause a lot of people have this problem lately and it's dominant in the 40gb models. my drive hasnt even seen that much use, i usually play downloaded games and movies on it and game on my 360. FML

How old was it?

no what i meant was if im going to pay that much to repair it i'll just fork over the extra 100 bucks and get a brand new one (just as long as its not an ugly ass slim model)

it was about 2 years old. bought it late 2007.

I hade the same issue with my 360. Its Hintsink was fucked so it kept overheating and its warranty was about 9 months gone, so I sold it to gamestop and bought a PS3 for Uncharted 2 and Demons Souls, among other exclusives, and I'ma get a new elite with the only two games I played on it for Xmas.

60gbs r the ****! wish i could get my hands on one of those for a decent price. i have a feeling since im waiting til after xmas to buy a ps3 im going to be stuck with a 120gb... and i REALLY dont want that, its ****ing ugly. but what r u gonna do? before i buy a new one though, im going to see if i can get my hands on a fair priced blu-ray drive and put it in myself i have some console modding/repairing experience, but its all 360. hopefully youtube can guide me on taking it apart, i can handle it from there tho.

60gbs r the ****! wish i could get my hands on one of those for a decent price. i have a feeling since im waiting til after xmas to buy a ps3 im going to be stuck with a 120gb... and i REALLY dont want that, its ****ing ugly. but what r u gonna do? before i buy a new one though, im going to see if i can get my hands on a fair priced blu-ray drive and put it in myself i have some console modding/repairing experience, but its all 360. hopefully youtube can guide me on taking it apart, i can handle it from there tho.

What was your previous model? the original 80GB?

What was your previous model? the original 80GB?

nope it was the 40gb, apparently those are the most defective models.

hmm all of my friends with a ps3 had problems but they either got there's repaired for free or traded it in for a slim.
ps3 slim doesnt have as many problems and some of my friends have never had problems with a slim

hmm all of my friends with a ps3 had problems but they either got there's repaired for free or traded it in for a slim.
ps3 slim doesnt have as many problems and some of my friends have never had problems with a slim

yeah i just hate the way they look! ugly! but i'm leaving for basic training in 4 months i'm not going to bother replacing my PS3 just yet. after basic i'll consider it.. if i even have time to game.

Long shot but

What about buying a second hand one?

lol you should really get a ps3 slim instead. if you got warranty they'll allow you to replace it. you shouldnt really care how the look. it still works the same with a few minor changes.
you really shouldnt have to pay to ship it to sony. my friends didn't . how many gb is yours? my friend only had small problems with a 40gb

Back