SD card, having issues

crwys

WiiChat Member
Jul 31, 2007
I bought a 2.0 GB micro. SD card. When i tried putting it into the wii, it said the item in the SD card slot could not be used. Do i have to buy something to make the SD card,work?

Really? Awsome thanks, im gona try it right now. Thankyou again.

Oh wait 1 question, when you say hooked up to the net, do i download something using the internet channel. Or do i just do a wii update?

I just tried the wii update and it said your wii is up to date. Is there any type of update?

My SD slot worked before I had the update (it just would not let me transfer wii data onto it). Then I got the update and the SD channel was there and fully functional. Maybe try a different SD card? Or try to put some jpegs on the SD card then go into the Photo Channel to see if the Wii is reading the card at all. If all fails I'd phone Nintendo, they're very good.

i see you mentioned using a micro sd card... just hoping you havent plugged that straight in...you have used a micro sd to sd adapter right?

and as others have mentioned, you may need to have an internet connection to allow your wii to update (though some newer bought wiis may already have this function ready to be used)

No i dont have an sd card adapter. Do i have to buy one so the wii will detect my sd card? I put 1 jpeg file on it and still the same thing.

I bought a 2 gb mirco SD (Sand Disk) card from walmart. When i veiw the photo channel it says, only sd cards are compatiable. It says, If you are using a miniSD card or a microSD card, be sure to use the appropriate SD card adapter. Does this mean i have to buy an adapter, if so where can i buy one?

Um so the solution to my problem is to buy an micro sd card adapter. Im on the wii data managment and i click on wii, then sd card. Then when i insert it, it will say "The sd card inserted in the sd card slot can not be used" So this means i need a micro sd card adapter? If so where can i get one?

you can

if it is a small sd like 3 CMs. then yes you do. but if it is like 3/4 of a inch long then you don't. you can buy one anywhere ebay like 99 cents

Ok thanks for the help. I'll get back to you on the results

Errr im not exactly sure what adapter to buy or what the adapter looks like. Could you give me a link to an adapter that works with the folowing details on my sd card.

Micro SD Card
2 GB

just

just go one eBay or any other website or even a store like wall mart frys electronics best buy and ask for a MicroSD Adapter

Back