Sega Dreamcast VC?

Big_Mill said:
The dreamcast was a really innovative console at the time. First console to do the internet properly straight out of the box for one thing (it wasnt great but did the job).

The VMU was another great little idea that they didnt do enough with.

But as said above the Playstation 2 basically just battered it to death with the all conquering Sony hype machine. Saying that pretty much every console since the PS2 up to the 360 has been battered by the PS2.

I miss SEGA consoles even if they did have an unhealthy obsession with producing needless peripherals all the time.

NEEDLESS???? WTF?? how can you say that??
The coolest games on DC are House of the dead2 with lightguns and Sega bass fishing with the fishing rod controller :cornut:

If they make it possible to use external harddrives through the USB port I could see this happening, I would like to see the sega megadrive, the games for that shouldn't be that big and I would love to play centurion and starflight.

wiicast

would be nice to see some familiar games on the vc, but i'm not sure that's going to happen. i'd say it would be a better bet for dreamcast games to be brought to the xbox live service...as sad as that may sound...well...for wii owners that is.

:(

I don't really care for dreamcast seeing as I still have one and play it from time to time. I'd really like it if Sega Saturn and Sega CD games could comes to VC though if Nintendo made some super harddrive attachment.

As things stand it's not going to happen with even the Sega CD.

Anyway why would anyone get rid of their Dreamcast? It's still fun to play by today's gaming standards and it's not that old.

Or do you guys just have some fetish for having your whole game collection on the Wii?

Last edited:
Wait for the the next Wii or unless the Wii gets a Bigger Hardrive (much bigger) we wont be seeing Dreamcast games on the Wii unless a Modchip that lets you play Dreamcast Disks or Roms.

Dreamcast was simply before it's time.

I'm trying to find a Dreamcast for a good price so I can play Power Stone 1 & 2.

dreamcast is one of the best to emulate games on too... everything prior to it you can easily download and burn to a plain old CD-R and your set i traded my dad my dreamcast for all his old systems... he now has ever NES SNES,N64, genesis,saturn,atari.. pretty much everything before the dreamcast on a huge stack of CD-r's i burned for him.. now i cant find one..lol gonna have to pick one up thats for sure... dreamcast was a great system.. not a huge fan of the contorller... its only downfall was when it came out... between the ps1,n64 age and the ps2 gamecube age.. its hard to launch a system in the middle of that not very long time period to keep dominace.. but still a very cool system... i hope nintendo gets it.. they seem to get everything they want SEGA wise.. they had fun rivalry back in the day with genesis and SNES...

didnt nintendo buy alot of SEGA rights a few years back when they were hurting anyway? it was a few years after dreamcast died i remeber reading something about it... nintendo bailed them out bought up some stuff... not sure if SEGA bought it back but nintendo had controll of them or atleast a big say in what they did not that long ago...

it's a very interesting question. I doubt that it'll take place anytime soon. It may be possible someday, but I don't expect any sign of it atleast this year.

It's possible. But it would be in CD format only. Most DC games were larger than the entire Wii hard drive (I'm not calling it a flash drive). Since Nintendo is adding Neo Geo, Saturn and DC games are possible.

Otherwise Microsoft will do it. I hear they will get Castlevania SOTN for the 360. A PS1 game on the 360. Man Sony you messed up.

get on ebay and get one, they have some NIB for like 50 bucks. or if you buy a used one, you can get more controllers and games for the same price

Cabe said:
SEGA didn't use a very efficient compression algorithm for the games so its perfectly possible to compress a Dreamcast game down to fit on a CD-R (700Mb). I know - I have a Dreamcast and compressed and burned games onto CD-Rs to play on my Dreamcast (Which, BTW, doesn't need to be modded in any way to play CD-R's O_O )
it has nothing to do with compressin algorithm just most games didn't exceed 700mb and if they did the video was usually downgraded as well as the audio to fit on a 700mb cdr.

sagema said:
It's possible. But it would be in CD format only. Most DC games were larger than the entire Wii hard drive (I'm not calling it a flash drive). Since Nintendo is adding Neo Geo, Saturn and DC games are possible.

Otherwise Microsoft will do it. I hear they will get Castlevania SOTN for the 360. A PS1 game on the 360. Man Sony you messed up.
Neo Geo are also cart games as well. Saturn and Dc are laser disk and also a generation up.the only way i see these games being emulated is if you have to insert an actual cd or use of an external hard drive. or if all game audio and FMV's where stripped. b/c most of the data in these games don't take much space its the in video and CDDA.neo geo games avg like 8 mb.

Back