Sega still interested in making Mature games for Wii

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Despite lukewarm initial reactions to The House of the Dead: Overkill and MadWorld, publisher Sega believes that the Nintendo Wii is still a viable platform for putting out M-rated games.

"Whilst [Overkill] had a rather sharp tail at full price, they do bubble away at a lower price point for a long time," Gary Dunn, MD of European development for Sega, told GamesIndustry. "You get your money back and a bit on full price, but over the years, if we do the final product return on investment, profits come from the lower price point."

MadWorld, another of Sega's M-rated Wii titles, similarly didn't sell all that well, but Dunn says they're still willing to take the risk of putting out another M-rated game on the squeaky-clean Nintendo console.

"You have to push boundaries and explore. I think whilst MadWorld commercially didn't sell what we were expecting I wouldn't say it's game over for mature Wii titles from Sega," said Dunn. "We're taking a look at the resources we have now. We've got money to invest in development, we're just considering where to invest it next."

heres the link http://wii.qj.net/Sega-still-interested-in-making-Mature-games-for-Wii/pg/49/aid/132579

i like how they dont really care about everyone whining about m rated games on the wii
i dont like how the sonic series has gone downhill

I think it is a good choice, as long as they come up with new content the M rated games will sell on this system. Just don't cheap it...

Yeah, good look Sega

Yes, Sega do it!!

I completelly support you, there's a huge harcore mature gamers base on Wii!!

You need to explode the best Sega's AAA franchises on Wii and you will be successfull!!

I recomed you, launch this great franchises exclusive for Wii:

Shenmue

Sega GT

Virtua Fighter

Jet Set Radio

A Squad first person shooter game like Rainbow Six Vegas, probably a Ghost Squad sequel

An Aliens: Colonial Marines game for Wii, with all the features and modes of the xbox360/ps3 versions, graphics as close the HD versions and of course taking total advantage of the Wii motion plus.

Soon, as I did with Nintendo. I will post the 10 things Sega needs to do on the Wii!!

I've helped the most mature selection of Wii games but I'm only 15 so I don't have a job to get the rest of the AAA games. In the near future I'll get Overkill, and Deadly Creatures to help SEGA/THQ...I'll make sure they're unused because if its used it's just like LimeWire/P2P/Gneutella software...the "artists" don't get credit.

all i want is a decent bunch of sports games. Like an average NBA Live or Madden. Come on, madden was never meant to use corny motion controls. A few sports games and i'd be satisfied. I'm sick of nothing but corny mario games and stupid things like Decasports and wii play coming out for the wii. I want a game that it seems like they spent more than a few hours on.

Yes, Sega do it!!

I completelly support you, there's a huge harcore mature gamers base on Wii!!

You need to explode the best Sega's AAA franchises on Wii and you will be successfull!!

I recomed you, launch this great franchises exclusive for Wii:

Shenmue

Sega GT

Virtua Fighter

Jet Set Radio

A Squad first person shooter game like Rainbow Six Vegas, probably a Ghost Squad sequel

An Aliens: Colonial Marines game for Wii, with all the features and modes of the xbox360/ps3 versions, graphics as close the HD versions and of course taking total advantage of the Wii motion plus.

Soon, as I did with Nintendo. I will post the 10 things Sega needs to do on the Wii!!
Dude, they're not listening to you.

all i want is a decent bunch of sports games. Like an average NBA Live or Madden. Come on, madden was never meant to use corny motion controls. A few sports games and i'd be satisfied. I'm sick of nothing but corny mario games and stupid things like Decasports and wii play coming out for the wii. I want a game that it seems like they spent more than a few hours on.

From looking at your sig, it would probably would help if you didn't just buy all the 'corny Mario games'! There are plenty of good games that are not mini game collections or Wii Sports cash ins.

Sports are covered quite well on the Wii with the exception of basketball and hockey. Never played Madden on Wii but some people seem to like it. For golf, tennis and soccer the Wii cannot be beat though.

However, as this thread is about M rated Sega games, sports are irrelevant to the discussion. I've done my part in supporting their M rated efforts, I bought Madworld and The Conduit (both good games).

Back