September 14th - 15th - All will be revealed

well guys....turns out the live feed WAS a huge disappointment. The video feed from a japanese sight that ALL of the websites around the web were relying on for information ended up being showing a press conference from late last year! It was a completely different conference than the one going on in Japan! The whole internet is exploding right now with people pissed off, irritated, and losing faith.

However, sources have said that the Japanese conference has been delayed, and will start at 1 AM, which is exactly 2 hours away. You can bet someone WILL be doing a live feed somewhere....and all those sites Kunu listed before will restart their live updates. So incredibly sorry about the mixup. Trust me, the entire web has been duped by this site, and noone is very happy about it....

Briancpest said:
No offense, but you've obviously never heard of Apple or the iPod.
What you just said is "impossible", is exactly how Apple's been releasing the past 2 or 3 iPod versions. Including the new iPod online gaming downloads that were revealed in a press conference yesterday, and available to consumers....yesterday.

I dont think that Apple quite has the fan base - while people like the product, I doubt they have as many forums like this one that are devoted to the ipod - and even still, Id be willing to bet that the people on the ipod forums (if those exist) knew about the release of new stuff before any official announcements. Just because a company doesnt officially claim anything, or advertise - doesnt mean that word of mouth doesnt catch on. Someone who worked on the assembly line or with the design team or with the shipping company or with the store that is selling the stuff HAS TO KNOW THAT IT IS BEING MADE AND RELEASED.

Nintendo doesnt just hire a bunch of truck drivers one day and say "hey go drive these Wii's to all the best buys, toys r us, and game stops and drop em off" They have to announce to the stores that they are releasing the product, the stores then have to respond with how many they would like, nintendo then fufills the order (maybe some of the stores wont be able to get as many as they want due to high demand) This negotiation involves a good number of people. Some of them would most likely share this information and it would eventually cross the ears of a fanboy and become a forum rumor. I think this website has a lot of members who would have heard of something like this. You cant move millions of boxes without someone knowing about it. So while your theory of them releasing the wii tommorrow may be true. I am simply saying that you will not see it on shelves for at least a few more days because they have to be ordered and shipped.

Now maybe some stores already "preordered" wii's But I doubt that many companies would want to sign an invoice that large for a product that has no definite arrival date. Large companies like to know where their money is going . So I hope the Wii comes as soon as possible, but I doubt it will be here for at least a few more weeks, and no earlier than monday. Of course I could be wrong, then that would be some kind of feat by Nintendo and the other parties involved

sorry guys. I hate to be the barer or REALLY bad, disappointing news...

I literally couldn't sleep, so I kept an eye on the live blogs of the Japanese conference. For about ten minutes tonight, around 1 AM, there was a clipping from Time that stated a release date of Nov 17, and price of $250.

****UPDATE**** This time Magazine article has since been reposted....you can read it here: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/285027_nintendo14.html

As disappointing as THAT was, I was nowhere near ready for the ACTUAL release date. After the clipping was pulled, Nintendo announced the Japanese release info....

25,000 yen = $250 with no extra controller in box, and no bundled game...not even Wii Sports

3,800 yen for extra remotes....without a nunchuk attachment = $35

1,800 yen for classic controller = $15

1,800 yen for nunchuk = $15

What the hell? How're we supposed to play ANY Wii games with just a controller and no nunchuk? People aren't gonna want to dish out $50 everytime they want to buy a new set of controllers. Oh, that's right, unless you ONLY want to play Elebits....sorry, my mistake.... then you'll only have to pay $35 for each controller.

30 games available this year, with 30 pc games by year end.

Cost of games can be anywhere from 4,800 yen to 6,800 yen = $45 to $65

Zelda will be one of those "rare" 6,800 yen games

500 yen for NES games

800 yen for SNES games

1,000 yen for N64 games

Each month, they plan to release 10 new VC games.

So, before I bust out the WORST news of the entire conference, let's look at this. For all of us who want to play Zelda, and some multiplayer games, on launch (which I think is about ALL of us), you can look at:

$250 system + $50 for each additional controller + $65 for Zelda + $50 for whatever multiplayer game you want. So, in the worst case scenario....if you're like me and you want 4 controllers, with at least one multiplayer game so you can have weekend game runs.... you'll need to have at least $500 on hand at release. I could've sworn Nintendo said something about their low pricing being a big deal this time around? What ever happened to GC prices where each controller was like $25? And games being so much less expensive than Xbox 360? $5 isn't much in my oppinion....

And, worst and probably least news in my personal oppinion...

A release date of December 2. Which, Japan always gets the release before us.....so, I can only imagine ours.

Nintendo, you've officially pissed off every fan boy in the world.

I'm going to sleep....and I'm gonna ruin the American press release for all my friends, and watch their veins bulge in anger when I tell them the release day. I'm seriously disappointed... so anti-climactic, and just another disappointing press conference. I have to say, as cool as the Wii still sounds, I think this has to be the most disappointing release for any Nintendo system in history.

The one silver lining is, Gamespot still believes the original Time Magazine article to be true. If this IS true.... I now stop feeling so sorry for us Americans, but start feeling sorry for Japan. According to the Times article, we'll be getting the same system price, but included will be an additional controller set and Wii Sports. A $100 value. Plus, the maximum price for the first party games, according to Time, will be $50. As much as I really hope this proves to be true tomorrow....what is going on with Japan? A release one month later than US? With much worse pricing? Well, I guess I'll find out between classes tomorrow....I can still hope... but, at least now you have a worst case scenario as to not get your hopes too high. Because, let's face it, anything will be awesome compared to the recent Japanese release info....

****UPDATE**** One more before bed.... http://wii.com/jp/ 'Nuff said

Last edited:
Why do u want 4 controllers? If u wanted 4 controllers you would probably have 3 other brothers/sisters so in reality you arent losing much money cause they can pay for their own controller.

try rereading the article vary carefully.
according to ign here
http://wii.ign.com/articles/732/732669p1.html

the wii is coming out in the amaricas on november 17 for 250$.
the box wii include
-the wii
-1 set fo wii-motes(wii remote and controler)
-sensor bar
-wii sports(just an amarcan in box treat)
-all cables
-2 battrys
thats basicly what you need to know.
also we get the console beforejapan.

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ee5k:

Sorry. I'm not gonna believe the final price and date until Reg says it himself....and, so far, he hasn't.

All he's released is the fact that there's only one color Wii for America, it comes with one controller and nunchuk, and it comes with Wii Sports.

well all this is good news for me in Norway! it have my own thing and it's like this: nintendo is selling the most in Japan so they r last cause they are sure to sell god there. America: it will come before and make more...
and Europe it's so few fanboys only in UK there are many...
i seriously don't know anyone else who's a nintendo fanboy in all europe.
exept from some of YOU! they will blow of and give europe an earlier release than anyone else !!:D:tard: i'm just dreaming right? lol :lol::tard:

snssuck said:
yea, they did say they would release it in the last quarter of the year. and what quarter is november in? i think it's the last quarter. plus they didn't specify which countries would get the 4th quarter release. or maybe they will release it globally all at the same time. who knows.

hahaha what did i tell you guys! i knew it was going to be in november, and i was only a day off from the release date too :ciappa: wooo! go me!

Back