September 14th - 15th - All will be revealed

Wow, thanks for the full quote. Very exciting!

How cool would having two sets of controllers out of the box be?! I'm so sick of having to wait a week or two just to get a second controller for all my systems. And, not including the original controller isn't a big deal to me, although it does look like you might be able to play GC games with it....in which, personally, I think the classic controller for Wii would be much more comfortable than the original GC controller.

And, yes, it's less than 24 hours until the Japanese press conference, which is actually upsetting some people. A lot of people think it's going to dull down our press conference, because a lot of people here in the states have connections in Japan, and if they get the word moving about what was revealed THERE, the release here will be weakened severely. I'm still excited about it, and if anyone tries to tell me tomorrow about what was revealed at the Japanese conference.... I'll stab 'em in the face with a soldering iron. I am ignoring any spoilers...and I hope to watch full coverage of the Nintendo of America press conference.

I haven't been watching lately, so I could be wrong.... but, isn't it strange that G4 hasn't mentioned the conference at all? And don't have plans to cover it at all?

Sorry this is so long...trying to get a lot of ideas down. If you want to start a All Will Be Revealed club, that's awesome....but, sadly, the club will only last two days. lol. We're founding members! For two whole days! lol.

One more thing for people to talk about until the conference... how many people think that Nintendo have yet to reveal the full graphical capabilites of the Wii? And who actually thinks the videos they HAVE shown aren't next gen graphics? Hasn't anyone watched any of the new TP gameplay vids. Looks beautiful. Personally, I think they've been using the E3 souped up Gamecubes for all the press releases so far. I believe Thursday will be the first time people get to play on the actual Wii systems. Should be intense. Imagine if the already beautiful Zelda screens and vids we've seen are only a quarter of the full power of the finished product? Zelda would look so f'ing sweet with his hair and robe blowing in the wind, while each blade of grass and leaves of the trees are blowing along with them. Another question I have...and, it's probably a dumb one.... what about weather effects in Zelda?

ONE more thing....I promise. Am I the only one who is REALLY excited about the inclusion of the Opera web browser out of the box? I think Wii is definitely shaping up to blow away the 360 and the PS3, not only on the gameplay front, but as well as the online capabilities. Downloading DS demos, downloading old SNES games (Mario RPG anyone?), and constant updates 24/7.... which means future expansions of the already innumerous capabilities. I CAN'T STOP! I want to say so much. lol

That all should give you enough to hold you over till the 14th.

Opera; it's good and fast, but: FireFox>Opera>IE

In my opinion.

Z|E|L|D|A...My anti drug. :lol:

Well guys I gotta go study for a test. I hope the Japan conference news and *maybe* the Wii will be released, in Japan of course. GOGO! See ya all

i thinck what that dude that matt(the dude who wrote it) meant that alot of info we have been waiting for will come out.becouse if the wii did release on that day stores would already have it.and im pretty shore someone would say somthing about it.but if it happens to be true i just hope the price is really low,then sweeeeet.but i thinck an october release date would be better.

Last edited:
Kunu said:
Aw, Brian, you beat me to it. Seriously, I had some speculation of that sport. But good job. Well, I think the Wii will be released either on; September 14/15. The title of the "Press Conference" is "All Will Be Revealed." Now this title seems a bit suspicious to me; what do they mean by "all?" All as in information regarding the Wii, or what else?

Maybe, it could be "all" as in "all of the Wii." Revealed is a different story. That word, as we know, means shown, presented, etc. But Nintendo has revealed it, at E3 2006.

Now, as Brian said about the magazine, the headline of the magaine says "Wii Takes on the World." This magazine is released September 14,2006. Why would they say "Takes on the World" when it's not even out yet? What other meaning could that possibly be?

And the release date/price is not "all" as we know it. What about what SEGA games will be revealed? What about other features? None of that has ever been mentioned.

Now, back to revealed. I think the phrase "All Will Be Revealed" means The Nintendo Wii Will Come to Stores." All does not fit the defenition of just the release date and price.

Of course, we may all just be crazy fanboys having nothing to do here except think about stuff like this. :p

******************EDIT******************

Look what I found while searching the net:

"An IGN forum member is reporting that Wii Sports will be bundled with the Wii when it launches this Winter.

The individual, citing reliable sources, claimes that, as well as Wii Sports, the console will also come packaged with an additional nunchuck attatchment and Wii-mote.

'If you don’t believe me now, you will in six days. So sit back, play your Gamecube for a few final memories before you pack it away and replace it with the Wii, and be ready for the 14th. You’ll all be very happy', he stated.

A wise move on Nintendo’s part, and surely a driving incentive for those forking out for Nintendo’s latest hardware. However, nothing has been confirmed by an official source at this time, so stay tuned for more information."

Of course, this is just reported by a IGN forum memeber, but I searched the IGN forum and saw that he had VERY reliable sources.

Look at his statement. 'If you don’t believe me now, you will in six days. So sit back, play your Gamecube for a few final memories before you pack it away and replace it with the Wii, and be ready for the 14th. You’ll all be very happy', he stated.

We will in six days? I'm thinking we will 'cause that may be when the Wii comes out! Note: this was posted on the 8th of September, 6 days from the 14th.

And now, "be ready for 14th, You all will be very happy." What does he mean by that? I'm getting excited now!

I made a thread on this yesterday i think, i said that the wii might come out on the conference day but everyone said no. It also occurs to me now that i highly doubt it will happen.

Well, one other thing I've been thinking was interesting lately has been the action going on at my local Gamestop. I wouldn't be surprised if some stores DID already have shipments....

Reason I think this is, starting last week, my local Gamestop has been doing a complete revamp of their store.... with the goal to open up an empty wall and corner of the store by the end of this week. I assume the reason being is to put up the Wii kiosk and have a wall for the games and systems. It's a possibility....

The soones you will see a wii is at least 5 days after the conference. They want to have a world wide release. So all the stores have to have them before they start selling them. If they announce that the release of Wii is imminent at this conference, then they will have to start shipping right away and within 5 days all the stores should have wii's.

Think about it. How many fanboys work at gamestores - or how many could just happen to have jobs at UPS or BestBuy. If these things were being sent out then somebody would start spreading it online. Nintendo probably cant hold its own employees to secrecy - I would imagine that only the top execs and a few select individuals over there at Nintendo know the exact release date so that none of their regular employees leak the info. Keeping so many people sworn to secrecy would be difficult - now imagine keeping all of your retailers and shippers sworn to secrecy - its impossible. I would count on no less than a month after the conference before we see Wii's but it absolutely will NOT be within the same week.

phiggey said:
The soones you will see a wii is at least 5 days after the conference. They want to have a world wide release. So all the stores have to have them before they start selling them. If they announce that the release of Wii is imminent at this conference, then they will have to start shipping right away and within 5 days all the stores should have wii's.

Think about it. How many fanboys work at gamestores - or how many could just happen to have jobs at UPS or BestBuy. If these things were being sent out then somebody would start spreading it online. Nintendo probably cant hold its own employees to secrecy - I would imagine that only the top execs and a few select individuals over there at Nintendo know the exact release date so that none of their regular employees leak the info. Keeping so many people sworn to secrecy would be difficult - now imagine keeping all of your retailers and shippers sworn to secrecy - its impossible. I would count on no less than a month after the conference before we see Wii's but it absolutely will NOT be within the same week.

No offense, but you've obviously never heard of Apple or the iPod.
What you just said is "impossible", is exactly how Apple's been releasing the past 2 or 3 iPod versions. Including the new iPod online gaming downloads that were revealed in a press conference yesterday, and available to consumers....yesterday.

I started to accept the fact that a later release date was inevitable. now thanks to you, brIAn, i am back in/on the "All Will Be Revealed" train/party/movie/book/game/shindig/shananigan/club.
Seriously Brian, if i were gay....... :yesnod: oh yeah! hehe :lol: just kidding

haha. I love your list of all things Nintendo Wii.
game/book/movie. lol

I was actually thinking about writing a book about the video game industry and the huge amount of followers/fanboys and the lengths they go. (Staying overnight to get systems, hounding people for info, etc.)

By the way, Japan's conference starts today at 8PM I believe. Only two hours away. I'm sure if anyone wanted to ruin the surprise, you could scour some sites and find SOMETHING. I'm trying to stay away from any surprise ruining info, but if I happen to be forced upon any, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

By the way, where is this site originated? Because, it says on my screen right now that it's 10PM. lol

Last edited:
the revamp of gamestop could be just renivation.also with the apple game downloadsthe is because it is a download.

It's not another upset. The poor bloke just doesn't have a translator by the sounds of it. Don't threat Brian, all shall rule

Brian, don't lose hope so fast man... you're the "Leader of the Pack"............................................... okay, not really but you can keep tellin' yourself that. lol
Although i'm not expecting anything GREAT (just so i dont get extremely upset for getting my hopes up) i still hope the wii comes out tomorrow

Back