shakey mouse.

Iranian Wii

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
the mouse which shows up on my screen is very shakey when I am moving the controller around. the sensetivity is set to 2 but when I try to move it around it shakes around a lot. does anyone else have this problem?

thanks

Iranian Wii said:
the mouse which shows up on my screen is very shakey when I am moving the controller around. the sensetivity is set to 2 but when I try to move it around it shakes around a lot. does anyone else have this problem?

thanks
Just get closer to the sensor bar.

I had a similar problem once when I brought my Wii to a friend's house. When I play at home I usually sit/stand about 8 feet from the TV, but when I brought it to my friend's house, we were sitting about 12-15 feet away. I just adjusted the sensitivity and it worked fine. You may have to do the same, hopefully that should fix it.

kiraownsurmom said:
oook?i dont even care about rep
The point is that your reply was a waste of time and space. I should've just reported it to the moderators but instead I would rather publicly ridicule you.

Can you explain how "Hmmm..." helps anyone?

ciper said:
The point is that your reply was a waste of time and space. I should've just reported it to the moderators but instead I would rather publicly ridicule you.

Can you explain how "Hmmm..." helps anyone?

Can you explain how reputation on a Internet forum helps you in life? Can you explain how having a petty argument with him for posting helps this guy, no, so shh.

kiraownsurmom said:
ok does this arguement have ANYTHING to do with helping this guy? no...
I posted that he probably has another source of IR in the room. That helps
You posted "hmmm..." which on some forums would be enough to get you temporarily banned. Since the moderators are overwhelmed on this board I took responsibility to ***** at you.

zephyr1080 said:
Thats not a very good solution. The Wiimote will be even more susceptible to stray IR.

Iranian Wii said:
the mouse which shows up on my screen is very shakey when I am moving the controller around.
Try turning off all the lights and closing the blinds so the room is completely dark and see if the issue goes away.

Last edited:
ciper said:
Thats not a very good solution. The Wiimote will be even more susceptible to stray IR.

he said if you are seeing more than two lights turn the settings down until you only see two. If you see 2 lights then turn it up till you still see two lights. Seeing 2 lights on sensitivity 5 is the best result. His solution is good.

This might help also, from Nintendo site:

Cursor is off-center, jerky, erratic, disappears, etc.
* Verify that the Wii Remote's pointer lens is free of obstructions and contamination (stickers, heavy smudges, etc.). The pointer lens is the tinted rectangle at the end of the Wii Remote.

* Try using another Wii Remote, if possible, and check to see if you experience the same problem.
o If only one Wii Remote is not responding correctly, there is likely a problem with the Wii Remote. Please click here for repair information.
o If more than one Wii Remote is not responding correctly, or if you only have one Wii Remote, please continue with troubleshooting.

* Check the Directional Sensor Functionality by turning the Wii Remote upside down so that the buttons face the ground. If the cursor doesn't point down, this indicates a problem with the motion sensor in the Wii Remote. Please click here for repair information.

* Verify that there are no bright light sources, including sunlight, behind or near the TV, shining towards the Wii Remote or reflecting off the TV screen. Avoid sources of infrared light in the gameplay area such as electric, propane or kerosene heaters, flames from fireplaces or candles, and stoves or other sources of heat. If there are bright lights shinning directly behind the TV or on the screen, turn the lights off.

* Make sure that the Sensor Bar is setup correctly:
o Check the cord on the Sensor Bar for any frayed wires or kinks, and verify that the Sensor Bar is free of obstructions.
o Verify that the Wii Remote is being used between 3 and 8 feet directly in front of the TV, and that the Sensor Bar is placed properly (see Sensor Bar setup).
o Make sure that the Sensor Bar sensitivity is properly set:
+ The Sensor Bar sensitivity determines the distance the player can be from the TV. If you move out of the range of the Sensor Bar the cursor can become erratic. For information on adjusting the Sensor Bar sensitivity, click here.
+ The higher the sensitivity is set, the more susceptible the Sensor Bar is to light and infrared heat sources. Make sure there are no bright light sources, including sunlight, behind or near the TV, shining towards the remote or reflecting off the TV screen. Avoid sources of infrared light in the gameplay area such as electric, propane or kerosene heaters, flames from fireplaces or candles, and stoves or other sources of heat.

* Verify Sensitivity Setting dots:
Go to the Sensor Bar's sensitivity setting in the Wii menu (click here for directions on accessing this feature).
o If only one or no dots appear on the sensitivity screen, there is likely a problem with the Sensor Bar. Please click here for repair information.
o If there are more than two dots, then it appears there is an additional light or infrared heat source being picked up by the Wii Remote. Avoid sources of infrared light in the gameplay area such as electric, propane or kerosene heaters, flames from fireplaces or candles, and stoves or other sources of heat.
o If both dots appear and the erratic behavior continues even when you move closer to the TV, there is likely a problem with the Wii console and it will need to be repaired. Please click here for repair options.

Back