Smash Bros Brawl Sexist?

Mingus said:
A child should be slowly exposed to violence, sex, terror, and other types of extreme viewing. Depending on the age, they may not fully understand what it is they are seeing. What is good and what is wrong. I for instance attempted to act an impropriate scene from a movie with my baby sitters daughter at the age of five. I had no understanding of what it was. I also had no understanding of why I was punished for it. The way in which children are exposed to these things are important as well. Children really do need to see most of these things (with an exception to sex.) Children need to be prepared for the world to come, sheltered children see nothing their wholes lives and are then tossed into society with no understanding of social boundaries or real life situations.
Good response. Although I think determining how much "mature themes and how they are dealt with should be considered carefully. Also the age of the child should be put into the equation. How old and under what circumstances do you feel children should be "desensitised"? (obviously this would normally depend on the child, but taking the "average" child).

Mingus said:
A child should be slowly exposed to violence, sex, terror, and other types of extreme viewing. Depending on the age, they may not fully understand what it is they are seeing. What is good and what is wrong. I for instance attempted to act an impropriate scene from a movie with my baby sitters daughter at the age of five. I had no understanding of what it was. I also had no understanding of why I was punished for it. The way in which children are exposed to these things are important as well. Children really do need to see most of these things (with an exception to sex.) Children need to be prepared for the world to come, sheltered children see nothing their wholes lives and are then tossed into society with no understanding of social boundaries or real life situations.

In england, most children (under 16) already learn things early, they don't get taught but they get influenced by television and such. It is down to the parents to protect them but to over protect them from all this does lead to lack of knowledge of some situations. Parents can't protect the children all the time and the little bits that get to the children could influence them heavily if they know nothing about it, it might intrest them and spur them to find out more.

Now children get taught about sex at the age of twelve (In England) however parents have a choice to keep the children out of those sex education lessons, which yes i can understand but if they protect them to much it will likely lead to future problems.

I believe that a parent needs to know how to make the decision of when the proper time would be to show their kids certain inappropriate material. I believe that the parent choosing to show their kids these things rather than the child finding it on their own is much better. It builds a respect for their parent and a better relationship. Being to picky about what games a child plays and what TV they watch could be damaging to a relationship while being too careless can be damaging to a child. A parent must weigh and balance everything and make the right decisions. This is a pretty difficult thing for a parent to do. But it also takes common sense, a parent needs to think about decisions before making them, the worst answer to a "why can't I" is "because I said so" if you can't come up with a good answer then why are you not letting that child do that specific thing. Now this doesn’t always mean the kid should be allowed to do that certain thing but “because I said so” is a meaningless term to a child and a rather lazy thing for an adult to say.

I agree. When I have children, I will always explain to them why they cannot or should not do something.

As for the time to discuss sex, I feel the Dutch approach is best.

They have a lower rate of teen pregnancies and they have a better sexual situation overall.

Squall7 said:
I agree. When I have children, I will always explain to them why they cannot or should not do something.

As for the time to discuss sex, I feel the Dutch approach is best.

They have a lower rate of teen pregnancies and they have a better sexual situation overall.

Yeah.

They understand it and teach better. The whole ladys of the night thing is there too yet they still control it all, most of it at least.

Back