SMG Anticipation is overwhelming me..

Eddienoteddy

mii love wii
Feb 13, 2007
CT
Wii Online Code
1656-4947-1080-8284
I may sound like a total geek but every time I read this from IGN and see a commercial on TV, or watch a trailer online for SMG, something inside me like hurts because i want this game so bad.

Super Mario Galaxy is one of the greatest platformers I have ever played, Wii's best game, and an absolute must-own experience. And to me, this odd trek through space really does feel like the true sequel to Mario 64. It harkens back to the N64 classic with nostalgic faces and places from the Mushroom Kingdom, but it also re-invents the franchise with new space-themed mechanics and fresh Wii-enhanced controls. It is, as I have said since I first played it, a near-perfect combination of old platforming values and new design.

Expect to be blown away by the fantastic level challenges and galactic variety. Expect to be blown away by the addictive gravity effects -- you will jump off ledges just to see if you can rotate all the way around a structure. And expect to be blown away by the tight controls and beautiful graphics.

That final statement from IGN just blows my mind every time i read it.

Here's something else that gets me. Think back to the first time you laid hands on Super Mario 64. At the time, I did not, at all, realize how incredibly epic, and amazing that game was. Again, this may sound sad, but some of my greatest childhood memories were in front of my TV with my brothers and sisters watching me play and taking turns playing, trying to figure out each level, because for the first time a game had some many different possible ways to approach it. Looking back on it I now know how truly epic that game was. Wow i could go on forever, but I wont.

At this time i was about 10-11 years old and i was the target audience for this game. something about it just stuck with me and i now realize what a force Nintendo is in the gaming industry and thats why this 9.7 Rating from IGN actually scares me because i cant imagine a game better that SM64. But i will be proven wrong in the next week.

I'll end my speech here, but this weekend, I plan to play SM64 on my Wii and beat it again before I pick up my copy of SMG on Tuesday? and i seriously suggest that all of you do the same, it'll bring you back, and then when you get SMG, take you forward and force you to realize how dominant Nintendo truly is!!!

I can't wait for this game either. I watched the IGN video review today, this is what I was doing: :drool: .

I am also looking forward to this game as well, and the release date is next Friday. :)
The time seems to move much slower than before when you are expecting something. :lol:

I feel the same way and I won't be able to buy it until mid-December or until Christmas. I'm going to try to forget about it but the comercial where they are in the movie theater playing it plays so much :crazy:.

yeah. SMG could be the best title released in 3-4 years on any platform. I am tired of all the FPS recycling on PC and Console. something fresh is just what the doctor ordered.

Byuakuya said:
I am also looking forward to this game as well, and the release date is next Friday. :)
The time seems to move much slower than before when you are expecting something. :lol:

I thought the release date was tuesday?!?

you know what's weird? everytime i see smg compared to mario64, it always says "they are equal...or it's a true sequel"

dosn't anyone think this might be better or worse than it?

it makes me thing the human race has no opinion and everyone's a robot

I will DEFINITELY be buying this game on Tuesday. It's one of those weird experiences where I was only kinda interested in it since the Wii came out, but as we get closer and closer to its release, I am suddenly about to burst waiting to play it! The more vids and pictures and reviews I see, the more I realize that I MUST without question OWN THIS GAME.
Good job Nintendo.
I'm still pissed about Smash Bros Brawl though...

Transfixed said:
I will DEFINITELY be buying this game on Tuesday. It's one of those weird experiences where I was only kinda interested in it since the Wii came out, but as we get closer and closer to its release, I am suddenly about to burst waiting to play it! The more vids and pictures and reviews I see, the more I realize that I MUST without question OWN THIS GAME.
Good job Nintendo.
I'm still pissed about Smash Bros Brawl though...

QFT
i agree with you 100%

sad thing is i only have about 80 dollars on me, and i have a compulsive spending disorder(i believe) so i have to try my hardest not to spend any money

Back