so do you think we'll be getting at least 500 points free?

Darkprinny said:
How about a free vc game for those of us that have had there wiis since luanch.

GIVE ME SOMETHING NINTENDO

I know how you feel. Us Launch wii people are getting nothing!

WAM said:
they dont have to pay for the vc games :wink:
Yeah I am sure they get all 3rd party games for free. And there is no costs associated with making a game available online...

Oh well I hope we get some new additions to Wii Ware soon. You have to admit though, Nintendo is offering a pretty good gaming experience (considering Wii chanels,games,virtual console,wi-fi, and more) we didnt have this in the Gamecube days.

Napalmbrain said:
Nintendo, one of the stingiest companies in all existence, giving out free points at one of the busiest times of the year? Pull the other one.
Oh yeah they're stingy for not giving stuff away. :rolleyes:

You do know they're running a "business". And the point of a "business" is to make money.

Why does everyone think Nintendo is obligated to give us stuff for free? I've never seen Xbox 360 players asking for free Microsoft points.

Milkman said:
they offer several free channels already. and there's no way they're giving away $70million+ for christmas.

The value would be expensive, not sure how many Wiis there are but if there is 200 Million sold, thats 1,000,000,000 in Wii Points lolz Seems like a lot right, Nope wrong. They have to no value to Nintendo, If they gve away 5 dollar coupons for Nintendo Products. Then they would be losing a lot of Money. But these points cost next to nothing to make and there selling games that are already invented. Giving away Wii Points wouldn't decrease profits enough to make them not give away Wii Point. The reason they Won't is because Nothing in life is free lolz. No they just won't becuase of unknown reasons.

Milkman said:
I use the word 'several' to mean 'more than a few', a 'few' meaning three. They've offered Everybody Votes, Internet, Check Mii Out, and a Metroid Prime Corruption Preview for free, in addition to the off the shelf Mii Channel, the newly upgraded Photo Channel, Forecast and News. Then there's the shop channel, but that's for their benefit. None of these blow my socks off, but don't imply that Nintendo has left us high and dry.

It certainly costs much less than $5 for Nintendo to provide these games over WiiConnect, but it's still a $70,000,000+ value that might have become real cash during the holiday season. It also sets precedent. Would they do this every Christmas? Other holidays? Launch anniversary? People would wait for more freebies, it's just awful business and I will be shocked if any VC game is offered for free, ever.

ok by no means are my intentions to argue over a gaming system but internet is 500 points for browser...and the photo is an update why should that cost money????? but i hear you its all good i would just like to see a lil more then this...im used to the 360 so i gotta get used to it...i still love it though

zurukea said:
The value would be expensive, not sure how many Wiis there are but if there is 200 Million sold, thats 1,000,000,000 in Wii Points lolz Seems like a lot right, Nope wrong. They have to no value to Nintendo, If they gve away 5 dollar coupons for Nintendo Products. Then they would be losing a lot of Money. But these points cost next to nothing to make and there selling games that are already invented. Giving away Wii Points wouldn't decrease profits enough to make them not give away Wii Point. The reason they Won't is because Nothing in life is free lolz. No they just won't becuase of unknown reasons.
200 million sold? They haven't sold 200 million Wii's. Where did you get your statistics?

Clarke said:

You do know they're running a "business". And the point of a "business" is to make money.

Why does everyone think Nintendo is obligated to give us stuff for free? I've never seen Xbox 360 players asking for free Microsoft points.
who would want Microsoft points?!? even if they were free

um gh3 players got 1 free download song

ROB64 said:

People like me that have one

But first I have to get the damn thing online

Clarke said:

I don't think Nintendo are being stingy for not giving us stuff for free, but they are still a very stingy (and stubborn) company. For example:

-They charge quite high prices on VC games compared to the actual cost of emulating them (and they can often work out much cheaper on some retro collections).

-They offer a Star Points to Wii Points exchange scheme in Europe at a ridiculously steep exchange rate of 4 SP= 1 WP.

-They have a reputation for being uncooperative with third party developers.

-They refuse to give us more memory space.

ROB64 said:

I'd be quite happy to have some Microsoft points. If you happen to come across some you don't want, feel free to send them to me. :D

Compare with the givein away that Sega have done in the past
Xmas nights - On the front of the Saturn magaizne
First disc of Panzer dragoon saga - Errrr same
Some quality Dreamcast t-shirts (got when I went to the launch party) - There nice comphy and thick
A head acque - There recent sonic games

Back