So, Im mostly through RE4, ONE HELL OF A GAME, any others like it on wii?

GenTarkin

WiiChat Member
Apr 23, 2009
I dont know if Ive ever played a game so well done, and I have played countless PC games and Im new to the console gaming with my wii.
I went and bought 4 games at gamestop used the other night, links xbow for 3$, target terror(taking back), metroid prime 3(taking back) and resident evil 4.

Target terror I beat and was nothing special so no reason to keep it. Metroid Prime 3 I can see how people think this game is amazing, but ... About 2 hours into it, for some reason it just lost its appeal to me...even though it was awesome. It just got boring.
Now, RE4 on the otherhand...I am 14hrs into it, I simply cannot stop playing. This game is so well done, it forces me to think about everything I am doing when fighting the mobs. I cant use the same weapon for everything...the puzzles are fun and challenging here and there. The multi character play within the story is absolutely ingenious. I am on the tale end of chapter 4 and trying to figure out how to beat that nasty guy in the end of the sewers rofl. The graphics are awesome. The weapon upgrade and selection is cool as hell.
Anyways, is there any other games out there for wii that have all the qualities I mentioned above?

I you want more games like this (Third-person), I recomend to wait when Resident Evil Archives and Resident Evil Zero (Wii version) launch.
Resident Evil archives is the RE remake in the Game Cube but with Wiimote funsions, the same apply with RE:Zero.
If you can't wait you can purchase the Game Cube versions, I have these versions and when the Wii versions appear I will sell them and buy the Wii versions.

Also, I recomed buy Dead Rising for Wii. It's a little bit less in graphics, but is very fun and has the same game mechanics and engine.

Last edited:
Manhunt 2 is along the same lines as RE4. Although it is nowhere near as good, it is just as (if not more) creepy than RE4.

I you want more games like this (Third-person), I recomend to wait when Resident Evil Archives and Resident Evil Zero (Wii version) launch.
Resident Evil archives is the RE remake in the Game Cube but with Wiimote funsions, the same apply with RE:Zero.
If you can't wait you can purchase the Game Cube versions, I have these versions and when the Wii versions appear I will sell them and buy the Wii versions.

Also, I recomed buy Dead Rising for Wii. It's a little bit less in graphics, but is very fun and has the same game mechanics and engine.
this guys right and idk if youve played the old RE games but they arent at all like RE 4 they are actually scary and hard lol

Thanks for the tip! ... although, thats a UK game will it play fine on my US wii?

Oh sorry i just presumed you was in the UK,

Take no notice of the link i gave you as PAL games wont work in America,

You need NTSC instead of PAL,

Try looking for Rogue Trooper: Quartz Zone Massacre at one of your local stores or online.

Regards

=Sixpack=

Hehe forgot about the whole PAL thing...yeah I dont think that game is released here in US =( looks like a nice game.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4: Double Agent

Have a look at that on Utube or something and see if you like the look of it,

=Sixpack=

Thanks =) although I read in reviews that game pretty much stinks =/ but will still check it out.

I don't think that there is another game on the Wii that has all the elements of RE:4.

These might have some but not all:

Dead Rising - uses the RE:4 engine.
The Godfather - 3rd person with shooting elements.
Obscure - cheesy horror.
Manhunt 2 - 3rd person horror.

They are all reasonably cheap so maybe worth a look but don't expect RE:4 quality.

I dont know if Ive ever played a game so well done, and I have played countless PC games and Im new to the console gaming with my wii.
I went and bought 4 games at gamestop used the other night, links xbow for 3$, target terror(taking back), metroid prime 3(taking back) and resident evil 4.

Target terror I beat and was nothing special so no reason to keep it. Metroid Prime 3 I can see how people think this game is amazing, but ... About 2 hours into it, for some reason it just lost its appeal to me...even though it was awesome. It just got boring.
Now, RE4 on the otherhand...I am 14hrs into it, I simply cannot stop playing. This game is so well done, it forces me to think about everything I am doing when fighting the mobs. I cant use the same weapon for everything...the puzzles are fun and challenging here and there. The multi character play within the story is absolutely ingenious. I am on the tale end of chapter 4 and trying to figure out how to beat that nasty guy in the end of the sewers rofl. The graphics are awesome. The weapon upgrade and selection is cool as hell.
Anyways, is there any other games out there for wii that have all the qualities I mentioned above?

I agree that the game is incredible, loved every second, massive story based campaign, epic replay value, great graphics.

You're shitting me, right?

Dead Rising, RE Archives and RE Zero are nothing like RE4. I also wouldn't even consider recommended Dead Rising Wii to anyone, such a poorly made game.

Just a little update here: I finished the game about a half a week ago and I got to say it is one hell of a game again!!!! I absolutely loved it!!! I love all the unlocked play modes available now, ableit I am taking a break from the game a little and Im sure one of the playable modes will be amazing. Im wondering is the seperate ways mode...like nearly the entire game over again or is it just snippets of the game here and there? I started all the unlocked games but did not save them for now.
I still cant get over how long and exciting the entire game was. It was simply done perfectly! wish more games were of this quality!
In the mean time I rented and am playing excite bots: trick racing and this is one heck of a fun game!

Like someone mentioned, RE Archives is being released in June I believe, it's the Remake of RE1, which I played for the GC and I assume is just being ported to the Wii. The remake was great though, you should give it a shot when it's released for the wii. There is also Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles available which I just bought a couple of days ago, so I'm not very far into it at all. It's not like RE4 though, it's on rails so you can't control your own movement. So far the game is just alright.

Back