So wait... 360 isnt HD?

gamer_of_life

Banned
May 9, 2007
My friend was talking to me the other day and he said 360 is standerd def of 780p and PS3 is HD with 1080p whats going on? so 360 isnt HD? its D?

Don't spam, And I don't know thw answer to your question but im sure you can buy cables to get HD

the 360 sucks..that's why i don't even think about it unless you fanatics talk about it

The Ps3 is True HD, as far as i know the 360 is only Hd, it only supports the lowest HD resolution 720p, the Ps3 supports the highest level of resolution, 1080p, mind you not many people own Tv's that support it, Rep me if i helped=)

Axtlar said:
the 360 sucks..that's why i don't even think about it unless you fanatics talk about it
dont talk, gtfo of this forum

and to the poster, dont bump after a half hour or so, read the how to bump sticky
a

and to answer your question the 360 dose support 1080p...and even if it didnt, that doesn't mean its not hd, 480p is the minimum that is considered HD.

half you guys are wrong, you shouldnt speak without knowledge.

Sovieto said:
dont talk, gtfo of this forum

and to the poster, dont bump after a half hour or so, read the how to bump sticky
a

and to answer your question the 360 dose support 1080p...and even if it didnt, that doesn't mean its not hd, 480p is the minimum that is considered HD.

half you guys are wrong, you shouldnt speak without knowledge.

hey what the hell? don't you dare disrespect me, learn to respect your elders, you little booger-face

720p = HD
1080i = HD
1080p = HD

The default settings menu on my 360 has 720p, 1080i, and 1080p settings to choose from. (Might have standard definition settings too, 480i)

Whether the 360 outputs at 720, 1080i, or 1080p depends on the game, your tv's capabilities, and how you have your 360 configured.

I think you might have to have the elite 360 to utilize 1080p (full hd) by using the hdmi port. The hdmi out definately increases resolution, but i'm not sure if this increase can be noted as 1080i vs 1080p

edit: i also thought 480p was known as Enhanced Definition?

lackluster dj said:
720p = HD
1080i = HD
1080p = HD

The default settings menu on my 360 has 720p, 1080i, and 1080p settings to choose from. (Might have standard definition settings too, 480i)

Whether the 360 outputs at 720, 1080i, or 1080p depends on the game, your tv's capabilities, and how you have your 360 configured.

I think you might have to have the elite 360 to utilize 1080p (full hd) by using the hdmi port. The hdmi out definately increases resolution, but i'm not sure if this increase can be noted as 1080i vs 1080p

edit: i also thought 480p was known as Enhanced Definition?
you are right
apologies to whoever said that before
the standard used to be 480p though, i guess that mightve changed once 1080p was released though

the original xbox 360's can simulate 1080p but cannot bring you TRUE 1080p. only the 360 Elites can output true 1080p VIA the HDMI port. 1080p isnt the only "true" HD. 480p and up is all HD its just 1080p is currently the best. if the best was the only one of something then i guess no one owns a surround sounds system unless it was made by BOSE. damn sony and their lies! (sony is the one who brainwashed people into thinking 1080p is the only true HD)

Axtlar said:

Learn to not be a Fanboy or you will quickly be Disliked on Wii-Chat and likely be banned, your post is basically just spam.

---Brian--- said:
Learn to not be a Fanboy or you will quickly be Disliked on Wii-Chat and likely be banned, your post is basically just spam.
Yes thanks for noticing the purpose of my post which I intended it to be..Now about the fanboy subject: Yes I am a fanboy, and yes I would like to be disliked...By the way are you watching today's matches of the Gold Cup? if so who do you root for?

Back